Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Didn't know where to put this but has Bateman got into a bit of trouble in England & that's what's taking so long to get his Visa?.

That is beside the point.
Certain posters are criticising posts made about our terrible depth posing smug diatribes about lack of options and ignorance towards the player market. There is some comedic value in the fact these same posters were dead against us recruiting genuine talent when it was available as it would have affected the selection of their favourites.
Not really, still a waste of time! All people have different opinions, that’s what’s good about life. Imagine how bored we be, if we all shared the same views??
Some opinions are wrong and some are right, on both sides.

Not really, still a waste of time! All people have different opinions, that’s what’s good about life. Imagine how bored we be, if we all shared the same views??
Doesn’t make it a waste of time if you are here for those exchanges.

Naden is a centre, and yet we have a heap on here thinking he should play wing, first centre picked in my opinion, the other centre is a lottery

I would be surprised if he isn’t first centre picked

His biggest issue has always been mistakes with and without the ball which impacts being a consistent player. He is very much a rocks and diamond player. Hopefully Sheens gets the diamond side out consistently. To be fair his form for us last year was vast difference to that at the Bulldogs.

Sheen’s does like an athletic center with speed, Naden can be that. He needs early ball / run onto it for him to be effective. If he gets it flat or limited he does struggle in those situations often over playing his hand. His height is a big bonus 1 in for an attacking kicking option also.

Defensively he has always been a liability but Sheens doesn’t care about defense so that goes out the window.

The reason I put him on the wing last year was Madge style just doesn’t work for him infield and being on the wing was really the only chance he could run onto the ball given how rare we used the ball with any depth. At the Bulldogs it was the same. If he doesn’t get the chance to go onto the ball / get a step or 2 of space on his defender he struggles.

Would it be wrong to say the Jason Taylor Marina Go years the worst at least you could laugh at Hoppa and Lamb
But at least under Taylor and Go we had good players to get excited about. Under Lamb we had nothing. It's a hard call.

I would be surprised if he isn’t first centre picked

His biggest issue has always been mistakes with and without the ball which impacts being a consistent player. He is very much a rocks and diamond player. Hopefully Sheens gets the diamond side out consistently. To be fair his form for us last year was vast difference to that at the Bulldogs.

Sheen’s does like an athletic center with speed, Naden can be that. He needs early ball / run onto it for him to be effective. If he gets it flat or limited he does struggle in those situations often over playing his hand. His height is a big bonus 1 in for an attacking kicking option also.

Defensively he has always been a liability but Sheens doesn’t care about defense so that goes out the window.

The reason I put him on the wing last year was Madge style just doesn’t work for him infield and being on the wing was really the only chance he could run onto the ball given how rare we used the ball with any depth. At the Bulldogs it was the same. If he doesn’t get the chance to go onto the ball / get a step or 2 of space on his defender he struggles.
Rueben Wiki and Mal Meninga ......Paul Bowman all say hi ...as does Shane Elford

every one of us has an opinion ,if we agree or not ,does not make it wrong or right ,and is no reason to harp on for days (look at me ,listen to me ) going over the same old same old,accusing people of this or that and getting down in the mud and slinging s$%t at each other over different opinions .Its a club we all follow and love,

Staff online

Back