Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Absence makes the heart grown fonder they say....

I honestly don't know where all this hype on Talau comes from - It's gotta be his last name?

He might come on, I've seen nothing in his time to suggest he's any better than the likes of To'a and all the other Reserve grade backs we have....
There's been talk of him ending up in back row - I've never seen enough spine in him to make a fist of that either....
His defence on the weekend was woeful, Hopefully it's a timing thing - He was so far out of the line I think he didn't wanna be there...
Made Scolari look much worse than he actually is... When the inside man is that erratic and clueless - Nothing good is going to happen on your edge...

Not swapping Talau for The Fox is a real defining moment in our dour last couple years....
Benji has wrapped him ...Madge obviously had lots of confidence in him with the Tiger Tales series and the HT conversations with him ....I want to see 12 months injury free for both AJ and Talau ...one way or the other we get an answer good or bad ...true ??

He
No he hasn't....
He has, don’t get your hatred for a player get in the way of an honest player evaluation. Look at the stats Nofa has more try’s, meter’s s and more line breaks than brooks. Nofa has also suffered under the Fadge rule. Look before him at the meters made. The fact that Nofa was in NZ at the weekends game. Speaks volumes of what the coaching staff think of him….

Reactions: 851
He

He has, don’t get your hatred for a player get in the way of an honest player evaluation. Look at the stats Nofa has more try’s, meter’s s and more line breaks than brooks. Nofa has also suffered under the Fadge rule. Look before him at the meters made. The fact that Nofa was in NZ at the weekends game. Speaks volumes of what the coaching staff think of him….
How can you compare a half back and wingers stats?

You know - All those Kick Returns that Halfbacks do...

Don't forget those halfbacks that win the leading try scorer every year....
And all the halfbacks in the top 10 leading try scorers of all time and that....

They reckon I'm steady....
Most people attacked Nofoaluma for his lack of discipline in defence/positioning/game reading/jersey grabbing/ineffective ball interceptions etc. and never for his attack.
While Brooks worked on his defence, Nofoaluma's attitude regarding defence never changed.

He

I agree he's a good winger ,good under high ball and can finish a try with little or no room to move and rarely gets bundled into touch .I'm actually more concerned with Kenny who's a good winger but is constantly hobbling but maybe a medical miracle in the off season might have repaired everything ?

No offence, but u bag Nofa and love Brooks! Don’t get it?? Nofa has certainly preformed better than Brooks over the past 5 years. Look I like both and hope they will preform better with a decent pack. But u can’t really ask for support of 1 over another. They both need a better year!
Same with the Doueihi as well demps, so stop your snigger!!

I think nofo has the potential to be a top class winger he did it for 1 full season when he was coming off contract. I think that’s what annoys us fans so much because we know how good he can be but he just chooses to half ass it now that he got his 5 year deal

Benji has wrapped him ...Madge obviously had lots of confidence in him with the Tiger Tales series and the HT conversations with him ....I want to see 12 months injury free for both AJ and Talau ...one way or the other we get an answer good or bad ...true ??

Benji has wrapped more guys that have done nothing at all than any person on this forum and that is really saying something.

How can you compare a half back and wingers stats?

You can't. You can state that neither of them have been very good though. It's a subjective assessment but how many fans of other teams would rate Brooks or Nofo highly. How many rep games have they played ?

I think nofo has the potential to be a top class winger he did it for 1 full season when he was coming off contract. I think that’s what annoys us fans so much because we know how good he can be but he just chooses to half ass it now that he got his 5 year deal
Yes I tend to agree, but all under Madge, like Taylor ball. It bored everybody off their games! Let’s start fresh and judge after round ten. For him, Brooks and the rest of them!

This coaching and recruitment has only been together for a few months. Many of the players were signed by the previous crew. Sheens major concern would be the top side, for which he has done a great job. The glaring lack of talent in the cup side, will be remedied in time with some promising kids coming through. The target was 2025, 2 years away. The forum have gone off like seagulls on a chip, with top 8 predictions. Pull your heads in , it takes time to get off the bottom.

Well guys looks like he re-signed according to mik chick on instagram. She said announcement at 2 pm. But nothing has happened lol. In all seriousness,Really hope she’s wrong.

Back