Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

View attachment 4440

I'm in strong disagreement.

Long time off though so hopefully he can come good playing NSW Cup and force his way into the starting 17.
I was really disappointed with Talau in that trial, expected more. I think a few weeks in Cup will help to shake the rust and he will be back in the top 17.

Absence makes the heart grown fonder they say....

I honestly don't know where all this hype on Talau comes from - It's gotta be his last name?

He might come on, I've seen nothing in his time to suggest he's any better than the likes of To'a and all the other Reserve grade backs we have....
There's been talk of him ending up in back row - I've never seen enough spine in him to make a fist of that either....
His defence on the weekend was woeful, Hopefully it's a timing thing - He was so far out of the line I think he didn't wanna be there...
Made Scolari look much worse than he actually is... When the inside man is that erratic and clueless - Nothing good is going to happen on your edge...

Not swapping Talau for The Fox is a real defining moment in our dour last couple years....
should have been told like mansour was at Penrith you either head to Melbourne or you will be spending plenty of time with reserve grade

I was really disappointed with Talau in that trial, expected more. I think a few weeks in Cup will help to shake the rust and he will be back in the top 17.
Me too.

Though I think he was over-reading, with Wakeham on his inside and Scolari on his outside. Edges need to be a unit and I'd say that edge would've been pretty unfamiliar with each other.

Bellamy wanted Talau they obviously see enough to work with if he got the right training. In saying that after his injuries he needs to prove himself for a good while in Cup before coming into 1st's. I think this year is all about staying fit and building for Tommy and go again.

Reactions: Moh
Naden is a centre, and yet we have a heap on here thinking he should play wing, first centre picked in my opinion, the other centre is a lottery
Yet he plays well on the wing and has struggled immensely in the centres.

When his job is simple on the wing he's done ok, he quick and just runs the footy. The second he has to make a decision he implodes. his defence is awful, and he really can't play centre, but given we've got 2 experienced wingers and no genuine centres it's a real lottery who will wear the 3 and 4. Naden and Kepaoa the likely candidates, though i thnk both Talau and Kepaoa are extremely underdone and need a good solid month of nsw cup before being considered for nrl. neither has played in a long time, ease them in, don't throw them to the wolves.

Yet he plays well on the wing and has struggled immensely in the centres.

When his job is simple on the wing he's done ok, he quick and just runs the footy. The second he has to make a decision he implodes. his defence is awful, and he really can't play centre, but given we've got 2 experienced wingers and no genuine centres it's a real lottery who will wear the 3 and 4. Naden and Kepaoa the likely candidates, though i thnk both Talau and Kepaoa are extremely underdone and need a good solid month of nsw cup before being considered for nrl. neither has played in a long time, ease them in, don't throw them to the wolves.
Then the obvious starters for round 1 should be Naden and To’a.

Maybe we are reading this wrong and has nothing to do with the backline and so are we going to keep it very tight and play to our strength, the revamped forward pack. Then it won’t matter who’s in the backline.

Maybe we are reading this wrong and has nothing to do with the backline and so are we going to keep it very tight and play to our strength, the revamped forward pack. Then it won’t matter who’s in the backline.
5 forward hit ups and a kick from Api?
They are going to be fit lol…

Have to run a hooker/utility on the bench, preferably starting ahead of api! Just like the Brown Staines did last season. Follow the lead, u get more out of him if u put a sacrificial lamb out there for the first twenty. Then bring him on after all the meathead stuff is over. Hopefully our coaching staff are on to this??
5 forward hit ups and a kick from Api?
They are going to be fit lol

like to see Staines replace Nofo on the wing but won't happen.
We need a centre I would go with Naden and AD and play Laurie at 6 and Staines at fb
No offence, but u bag Nofa and love Brooks! Don’t get it?? Nofa has certainly preformed better than Brooks over the past 5 years. Look I like both and hope they will preform better with a decent pack. But u can’t really ask for support of 1 over another. They both need a better year!

Back