Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Players I think could boost our squad:

Blake Taaffe- probably as a 5/8. I see him similar in style to Luke Keary, and is behind players at Souths that will always restrict his ability to play First grade in Mitchell, Ilias & Walker.

Paul Momerovski- hear me out. He's defensively solid, makes few mistakes & comes through many good systems- Roosters, Panthers, Storm. He's 38th in the pecking order at the Roosters, but he instantly tidies up our defensive woes out wide. Not flashy. He's Shane Elford. It's Campbell Graham lite. Pushes either Talau if he doesn't recapture his potential or Naden who is a good attacker, but very average defender.

Mawene Hiroti- On the outside looking in at the Sharks. Very capable player in both attack & defence out wide.

Jayden Okunbor- Another on the outside looking in. Last year of his contract- a bigger winger to put opposite Taupo on the other side.
Most of these players are complete garbage and not up to NRL standard. In saying that, I am not disputing that they would likely improve our squad

Tigers have the wrong approach with players like Mitchell, Munster, Moses. There's no way we're getting those players. Players with options will not come here and they shouldn't. But if you look at second tier players or unproven players that are a bit under the radar then you can have success.

Look at Newcastle this year in recruiting Miller and Hastings. Newcastle wouldn't be particularly desirable but they had the smarts to go after 2nd tier players who make their squad better rather than our approach of throwing big dollars at players who aren't interested. They're not going to win the premiership but you build on that and can probably attract better players on the back of that.

Taking that approach requires significant money on scouting. Instead, our club is focused on haircuts and press releases and the supposed instant fix of a superstar signing.

Our clubs reeks of incompetence and desperation and everyone smells it.

We have bugger all kids coming through and noone wants to come.

Api, IP, Klemmer, Hastings last year, Bateman. We can get players. We have Pole, Blore, Matamua and Tupou as well.

We just need some players of our new signings in our backline and especially our 1, 6 and 7. If we had a marquee half and fullback we'd be a different team.

Realistically we are a couple of signings away from being good, look at panthers it was only a few years ago they got the spoon broncos are the same. Sheens may not be the answer now Benji and Farah, but Kevin walters is a worse coach then sheens he’s players have said so themselves. Im as over it as the next bloke/woman and I know it seems harder for us to attract players but if we can jag a half a full back and maybe a centre everything will turn around. The back up half from Penrith could be worth a shout

Try and get a swap deal with Brooks and George Williams. Yes I know they said he isn’t going anywhere but they may let him hon in return for another player. Sep Nofa for Pezet. nofa doesn’t want to be here it’s clear and loved his time in Melbourne. There is your halves. Then go and get Jayden Campbell, he is behind Brimson and is the attacking flair we miss.

Tigers have the wrong approach with players like Mitchell, Munster, Moses. There's no way we're getting those players. Players with options will not come here and they shouldn't. But if you look at second tier players or unproven players that are a bit under the radar then you can have success.

Look at Newcastle this year in recruiting Miller and Hastings. Newcastle wouldn't be particularly desirable but they had the smarts to go after 2nd tier players who make their squad better rather than our approach of throwing big dollars at players who aren't interested. They're not going to win the premiership but you build on that and can probably attract better players on the back of that.

Taking that approach requires significant money on scouting. Instead, our club is focused on haircuts and press releases and the supposed instant fix of a superstar signing.

Our clubs reeks of incompetence and desperation and everyone smells it.

Bit like your post

Api, IP, Klemmer, Hastings last year, Bateman. We can get players. We have Pole, Blore, Matamua and Tupou as well.

We just need some players of our new signings in our backline and especially our 1, 6 and 7. If we had a marquee half and fullback we'd be a different team.
I'm hoping we can just get a controlling half, doesn't need to be Andrew Johns just someone who can do their job and a half decent fullback, surely there has to be a young up and coming player in reserves or qcup who wants a run, but don't reckon they will sign a fullback though because I think Bula is guaranteed it now, no matter how raw he is he can't be any worse than Douhi. Wouldn't be surprised to read Douhi is released within the next month.

Campbell or Kennedy at 1

In the halves, without scraping the bottom of the barrel, you go for a bloke who has shown he belongs in the 7, like Tricky, or Williams, coupled with a Taafe.

Or you get a bloke at 7 like Pezet, Hawkins, who look good but less proven, and a more established 6.

It ain't that hard, you don't need 1.5 million and you don't need Mitchel Pearce (although I'd take him to the of 24 provided we have a new 6 and 1).

Club is literally stuffed. There are heaps possibilities with what's available, you could literally build dozens of spines that are better than ours. And remember, what's available means who will come to play full time NRL and at what price, nothing to do with contracts elsewhere.

@Demps literally did the hard work for them a few pages back.

I'm hoping we can just get a controlling half, doesn't need to be Andrew Johns

I honestly think we need Andrew Johns and Billy Slater in our team to turn us into a quality team. I think we are that far off. The problem is atm we have duds in those positions and any improvement would be a step in the right direction.

Hastings right now would be a significant upgrade for us and that would enable Brooks and Laurie to fight it out for the running 6 spot.

Campbell or Kennedy at 1

In the halves, without scraping the bottom of the barrel, you go for a bloke who has shown he belongs in the 7, like Tricky, or Williams, coupled with a Taafe.

Or you get a bloke at 7 like Pezet, Hawkins, who look good but less proven, and a more established 6.

It ain't that hard, you don't need 1.5 million and you don't need Mitchel Pearce (although I'd take him to the of 24 provided we have a new 6 and 1).

Club is literally stuffed. There are heaps possibilities with what's available, you could literally build dozens of spines that are better than ours. And remember, what's available means who will come to play full time NRL and at what price, nothing to do with contracts elsewhere.

@Demps literally did the hard work for them a few pages back.
I cannot believe how poor our a spine is. It has to be one of the worst in our history

I'm hoping we can just get a controlling half, doesn't need to be Andrew Johns just someone who can do their job and a half decent fullback, surely there has to be a young up and coming player in reserves or qcup who wants a run, but don't reckon they will sign a fullback though because I think Bula is guaranteed it now, no matter how raw he is he can't be any worse than Douhi. Wouldn't be surprised to read Douhi is released within the next month.
I’m praying Douhie is released asap, just don’t know who’d want him after his last month of playing dodge tackle?

I honestly think we need Andrew Johns and Billy Slater in our team to turn us into a quality team. I think we are that far off. The problem is atm we have duds in those positions and any improvement would be a step in the right direction.

Hastings right now would be a significant upgrade for us and that would enable Brooks and Laurie to fight it out for the running 6 spot.
My issue is how long it takes to get it sorted, it's only a matter of time before our new recruits drop their heads and say bugger it and start just turning up for their pay cheque in true Tigers fashion.

I’m praying Douhie is released asap, just don’t know who’d want him after his last month of playing dodge tackle?

He'll be on above 600k. I can't see any club picking him up. I can't see him making it in the NRL at this point. I was hopeful he could become a marquee 6 for us.

I honestly haven't seen a player regress so badly in his career from promising up and comer to dud player.

Latest posts

Back