Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The cupboard is bare I grant you, but we can't just keep trotting out Brooks and Doueihi every week because there is no obvious option, they are killing the team morale and dragging everyone down.
Not ideal, but we need to try some thing
1 - Stains
6 - Laurie
7 - Wakeham
9 - Api
Yep, its useless repeating the same shit every week and watching the same crap, and blaming the wrong people, as the club is doing.

BLIND FREDDY CAN SEE THE PLAYERS THAT ARE LOSING GAMES FOR US, YET ONE IN PARTICULAR IVE WATCHED FOR 10YRS DESTROY GAMES FOR US, YET IN ALL 9 OF THOSE YEARS OF HOPING.
HE HAS FAILED EVERY YEAR.

EVEN THE YEAR HE WON HIS AWARD EVERY SUPPORTER I TALKED TO COULD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW.

IT SEEMS EVERY COACH GETS SAME INSTRUCTIONS,
YOU CANT DROP
BROOKS. HE COST'S US TO MUCH.

I'm okay with Brooks. I mean he is paid massive overs and he can't create in the attacking zone. He isn't a good player. He is a role player half with a dominant half next to him.

Brooks has some shocking moments this season but I don't have high expectations.

I had high expectations for Doueihi.
No.
Both LB and AD need to leave asap.

Tigers have the wrong approach with players like Mitchell, Munster, Moses. There's no way we're getting those players. Players with options will not come here and they shouldn't. But if you look at second tier players or unproven players that are a bit under the radar then you can have success.

Look at Newcastle this year in recruiting Miller and Hastings. Newcastle wouldn't be particularly desirable but they had the smarts to go after 2nd tier players who make their squad better rather than our approach of throwing big dollars at players who aren't interested. They're not going to win the premiership but you build on that and can probably attract better players on the back of that.

Taking that approach requires significant money on scouting. Instead, our club is focused on haircuts and press releases and the supposed instant fix of a superstar signing.

Our clubs reeks of incompetence and desperation and everyone smells it.
we have no eye for talents. like the wife who's only good at brand name recognition. only to find out that the famous brand she just spent big dollars on have been sold to chinese company.

They recruit players that are good humans before they are good footballers. By that they recruit guys that have the attitude to put the work in and build themselves up.
Bronson Garlick an underrated example but Josh King is probably the most high profile example.
Spot on … attitude, determination, passion to succeed, IQ & team first ethos should be non negotiables.

Each of our forwards tick a lot of these boxes but 90% of our backline severely lack most of these (excluding Naden & I’ll give Tupou time).

Pretty sure she's an analyst
Don’t mean to be rude but is her name Token. How many analysts do we need here. I heard Dwyer say the other day his main focus now is opposition video.
Does that mean they’ve split the analysis into 2 roles ?
I would have thought that the coaches need to be heavily involved, or are they taking Dwyers feedback as gospel.

Cronulla supposedly looking to lock up Hynes on a long term contract. We should be topping anything they could possibly offer and them some. Even go as far as life after football. Why did we not look at him before?

Diamonds in the rough...
I think we need to change tac and go for a realistic alternative. We have tried the the path of finding an elder statesman to lead our team around the park "which is working out great"
Tristan Sailior and Trindal /Connor Tracey halves / if they fail... they both have utility value and Tom Chester fullback "really like this kid", plus Kayal Iro at centre.
With the exception of Sailor, the other 3 are contracted to 24. Currently getting to an age and time in their footy careers to bust out and all are blocked and waiting for an opportunity.

Don’t mean to be rude but is her name Token. How many analysts do we need here. I heard Dwyer say the other day his main focus now is opposition video.
Does that mean they’ve split the analysis into 2 roles ?
I would have thought that the coaches need to be heavily involved, or are they taking Dwyers feedback as gospel.
No idea someone posted she was some sort of video analysis wether she's helping compile the video or actually analysing I'm not sure

If I was in charge I would draw up a list of the best young talent and make them offers that they could be 1st graders next year , offer them a good upgrade on there current contact , then get rid of all the dead wood at the end of this year , if the club can’t get that plan done then u would want to know what the hell are they trying to do

2007 is more than a few years ago.
Best example is probably Parramatta besides the Broncos. You need to look at what happened at Parramatta between 2015 to 2016.
They won back to back spoons in 2012 and 2013. And didn’t look out of it until 2016.
I thought they got the spoon only a few years ago, but I think it was like second last or third last my bad. But yeah parra are a good example they haven’t won a comp but stayed competitive and broncos was only 3 years ago and now they’re reaping the rewards, again haven’t won a comp but are competitive now. Fingers crossed we can get it right soon because it’s been a long enough wait for all of us tigers fans

I understand we have Api on contract only for this and next year with a player option for 2025 which you can bet he will not be exercising unless things improve dramatically and soon. One guy we need to do all we can do to hang onto beyond 2024.

Latest posts

Back