Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Noone, on fox Mal Meninga was laughing literally about how poor he was at fullback. Maybe he could get a gig in the Super League. He won't be getting 900k though 🤣

Slater, one of the smartest minds around the game today - suggested AD to lock.

Cmon now... he can't tackle, he's scared of contract (so is Laurie) he can't hang in the pack until he toughens up.

AD has proved he's a myth, I can't see a position in the team for him going forward.

When discussing Signing suggestions, its important to note that after releasing Ken, we are $1m under the Cap THIS SEASON. Awesome Recruitment team!!!
The Club has forfeited 2023 just like they did 2022.

You do realize Ken already was paid a portion of his salary right, the only reason he moved on was to free up a roster spot.

Reactions: 851

Slater, one of the smartest minds around the game today - suggested AD to lock.

Cmon now... he can't tackle, he's scared of contract (so is Laurie) he can't hang in the pack until he toughens up.

AD has proved he's a myth, I can't see a position in the team for him going forward.

To put it in context …he said AD is not a fullback… and then got asked if he should move to a center… he didn’t want to say no.. so he said move him to lock…

I agree that would be a disaster…so would him playing center…

The only place fir him is 6 big you can’t have him and Brooks as the two halves

On another note… who is the lady in the box with the coaches at 2.07 of that Channel 9 video?

To put it in context …he said AD is not a fullback… and then got asked if he should move to a center… he didn’t want to say no.. so he said move him to lock…

On another note… who is the lady in the box with the coaches at 2.07 of that Channel 9 video?
Kassidy Grant, analyst.
She helps Simon Dwyer with his role...

AD is a 6 and a 6 ONLY.
But yes, as you said.... our spine is so below standard.

Pretty sure she's an analyst

Realistically we are a couple of signings away from being good, look at panthers it was only a few years ago they got the spoon broncos are the same. Sheens may not be the answer now Benji and Farah, but Kevin walters is a worse coach then sheens he’s players have said so themselves. Im as over it as the next bloke/woman and I know it seems harder for us to attract players but if we can jag a half a full back and maybe a centre everything will turn around. The back up half from Penrith could be worth a shout
2007 is more than a few years ago.
Best example is probably Parramatta besides the Broncos. You need to look at what happened at Parramatta between 2015 to 2016.
They won back to back spoons in 2012 and 2013. And didn’t look out of it until 2016.

We are searching for a half for 2023 right? thats the M Pearce play?
AD probably a 14 at best at the moment.

Sheens sacked 14 Madge players and has since moved on Ken, and probably Daine and Noff. He knows it’s a weak squad. The big question now is can he overcome the fact that the club stinks in the eyes of elite players? A clean out in head office and some real footy IQ alongside Sheens would help.
Yet Brooks is still there, and still getting picked, tells me Sheens has no idea, or is too stubborn to admit he was wrong, either way he is screwing us

Yet Brooks is still there, and still getting picked, tells me Sheens has no idea, or is too stubborn to admit he was wrong, either way he is screwing us
Out of interest, who is your spine next week?

He'll be on above 600k. I can't see any club picking him up. I can't see him making it in the NRL at this point. I was hopeful he could become a marquee 6 for us.

I honestly haven't seen a player regress so badly in his career from promising up and comer to dud player.
What about Brooks, he has regressed to a point where he and Doueihi are dragging the whole team down, to the Brooks and Doueihi supporters, you must watch different games to me, they both need shunting from the team this week

Last night he played a lot stronger than our fullback and five eighth. The club knows we need to upgrade but all the better players take a wide berth. Brooksy himself even tried to leave. The club is that farcical that they won’t even let bad players out of the organisation. 🤡
I said, Doueihi is just as bad, they both have to go.

Last night he played a lot stronger than our fullback and five eighth. The club knows we need to upgrade but all the better players take a wide berth. Brooksy himself even tried to leave. The club is that farcical that they won’t even let bad players out of the organisation. 🤡

Generous assessment. Brooks was terrible. He chased a few ghosts & didn’t setup squat mixed with a bog ordinary kicking game. We had more tackles in the 20mtr area compared to the Broncos and he yet again offered up nothing. If anything at least AD did 2 ok things (chased a bomb for a turnover and his half break for Simpkins but was totally undone for a heap of other bad plays by him).

And we are a laughing stock, Brooks should’ve left and AD shouldn’t have been extended before a game was played. Sheens went all in despite it being clear neither are viewed by Benji before the season as an answer into his years. We had zero alternatives as well until 3-4 weeks prior signing a bloke who was about to go back into Plumbing because no club wanted him. Our roster management and player recruitment strategy is non existent.

Out of interest, who is your spine next week?
The cupboard is bare I grant you, but we can't just keep trotting out Brooks and Doueihi every week because there is no obvious option, they are killing the team morale and dragging everyone down.
Not ideal, but we need to try some thing
1 - Stains
6 - Laurie
7 - Wakeham
9 - Api

The cupboard is bare I grant you, but we can't just keep trotting out Brooks and Doueihi every week because there is no obvious option, they are killing the team morale and dragging everyone down.
Not ideal, but we need to try some thing
1 - Stains
6 - Laurie
7 - Wakeham
9 - Api

May aswell .
I’m all for it 👌

Latest posts

Back