Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not really, the N.R.L could very easily say you've been offered 1 mil by Canberra so that's your market value, so for South's to sign you that's what it'll take.
They can't do it, it's a restraint of trade. Not only would the RLPA block it, it would be challenged in court anyway.

Imagine you were a GP and wanted to take a role in a local suburb, but the Royal College of Physicians said "no you have to be the GP in Bongo Bongo because they offered you more money".

Also, if such a rule was implemented, it would create excessive bidding wars because the highest bidder would always win - you could out-bid any club that lacked the salary cap space, so for example Warriors could compel players to move to New Zealand by out-bidding Australian clubs.

Doesn't stop the clubs spending themselves stupid away from players salaries. They can still run themselves broke by other means. In saying this, none of the clubs have gone broke yet, they always manage to find a way.
Could you imagine the Tiger's if The Egg Man and the Barber had no boundaries to spend crazy just to think about it 😜

I also put forth from this Day forward that they are known as

Eggman and the Barber

They can't do it, it's a restraint of trade. Not only would the RLPA block it, it would be challenged in court anyway.

Imagine you were a GP and wanted to take a role in a local suburb, but the Royal College of Physicians said "no you have to be the GP in Bongo Bongo because they offered you more money".

Also, if such a rule was implemented, it would create excessive bidding wars because the highest bidder would always win - you could out-bid any club that lacked the salary cap space, so for example Warriors could compel players to move to New Zealand by out-bidding Australian clubs.
How else does the game gauge the players values, they're only as valuable as whatever offers they get, on the flip side there's now talk Mitchell, Walker and Cook are contemplating pay cuts to get Weighton and keep South's under the cap. It's a rort.

Reactions: 851
How else does the game gauge the players values, they're only as valuable as whatever offers they get, on the flip side there's now talk Mitchell, Walker and Cook are contemplating pay cuts to get Weighton and keep South's under the cap. It's a rort.
But it wasn't a rort when Benji and Farah took cuts for us to re-sign players?

People suggesting James - how much have you seen of him ?

I've seen a handful of games and only 1 was impressive.

Reminds me a bit of Mavoni Tuifua.
Looks the part but has about 5 minutes worth of cardio.

Can't see him doing much at first grade level until he addresses his fitness.
Mate I’m the same. The guy went well in the raiders trial for 10 mins when we were up by 30 and people went crazy over him.

Week to week in nsw cup hes sloppy and a poor defender. I said he reminds me of James Gavet last year and nothings changed. Seyfarth is better than him.

People suggesting James - how much have you seen of him ?

I've seen a handful of games and only 1 was impressive.

Reminds me a bit of Mavoni Tuifua.
Looks the part but has about 5 minutes worth of cardio.

Can't see him doing much at first grade level until he addresses his fitness.
Damn. I only saw the preseason game this year and was impressed. But yes I know it was only a preseason.just saying he looked good against Canberra.

Mate I’m the same. The guy went well in the raiders trial for 10 mins when we were up by 30 and people went crazy over him.

Week to week in nsw cup hes sloppy and a poor defender. I said he reminds me of James Gavet last year and nothings changed. Seyfarth is better than him.
Bugger it. I had high hopes for him.

The difference is squad depth to allow them to drop poor performers.

If they didn’t have Manu mixed with Momo to allow Manu to move to 5/8th Walker would be playing this week.
I honestly believe this has more to do with Joey Manu than Sam Walker. All games this year he looks a bit ‘bored’ with his centre role. With Teddy being extended and all the talk before about Suali being the long term custodian there wasn’t much discussion about the golden boot / NZ fullback.
Had to get him closer to the action.
Don’t think Walker returns unless Keary is injured this year.

Where’s all these members with the so called source and missing all of these signings?!

Latest posts

Members online

Back