Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sam walker is getting shopped around by the roosters
If this is true, I can't understand how any player could consider themselves loyal to the Roosters, when the truth is the Roosters will dump you in a hearbeat if you don't deliver for any short period.

The whole thing about the Roosters is they are "supposed to take care of you" even if other clubs can offer bigger salaries, which means they put you in contact with the appropriate people to meet your needs and set you up for a life outside of football.

But you play average footy for a few months and they want to cut you loose. It's ruthless and I wish Tigers could afford to do the same thing, but my question is more about how does this engender loyalty? It would start to make people pissed off, if only the elite players receive the unconditional love, and everyone else is only a bad season away from being sent to the Gold Coast.

If this is true, I can't understand how any player could consider themselves loyal to the Roosters, when the truth is the Roosters will dump you in a hearbeat if you don't deliver for any short period.

The whole thing about the Roosters is they are "supposed to take care of you" even if other clubs can offer bigger salaries, which means they put you in contact with the appropriate people to meet your needs and set you up for a life outside of football.

But you play average footy for a few months and they want to cut you loose. It's ruthless and I wish Tigers could afford to do the same thing, but my question is more about how does this engender loyalty? It would start to make people pissed off, if only the elite players receive the unconditional love, and everyone else is only a bad season away from being sent to the Gold Coast.
kick back ,relax and watch Rome burn

This!! Sam is more of an attacking style half, he will make errors but when his confidence is on the kid is a pure match winner.

Shenji should go all in for Walker if it’s an option.
I still have concerns, he will never get over how small he is and any decent team will run traffic at him all day every day. He's such a slight fellow, even compared to a former skinny turnstyle like Mitchell Moses, Walker is a grade smaller again.

An Insider. Like the Roosters have. Someone who has control over the purse strings and the game in general. Someone who doesn't believe in juniors or equality across the competition. Someone who believes in winning at no cost or repercussions to others and tramp on those who try to get in their way. And maybe 2 centres, half-back, 5/8, and a coach who understands this. A goalkicker also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510-222544_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510-222544_Facebook.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 18
This!! Sam is more of an attacking style half, he will make errors but when his confidence is on the kid is a pure match winner.

Shenji should go all in for Walker if it’s an option.
if Sam Walker can't get it done with a backline including
Keary
Tedesco
Manu
Suali
D Tupou

Don't think he can get it done at the Tigers. Plus he has terrible defence.
For the price it would cost pass,

if Sam Walker can't get it done with a backline including
Keary
Tedesco
Manu
Suali
D Tupou

Don't think he can get it done at the Tigers. Plus he has terrible defence.
For the price it would cost pass,
the chooks play incredibly structured. their style of play is tailor made for a half in the mould of Cooper Cronk. they have never remodelled their shapes for a guy like Sam Walker, who is very off the cuff and plays as he sees it.

he would be perfect for Benjiball. its not his fault Robbo can’t develop halfbacks. I don’t think he would come here but if he did he would be a revelation. he is the closest thing to Scott Prince currently playing in the NRL.

the chooks play incredibly structured. their style of play is tailor made for a half in the mould of Cooper Cronk. they have never remodelled their shapes for a guy like Sam Walker, who is very off the cuff and plays as he sees it.

he would be perfect for Benjiball. its not his fault Robbo can’t develop halfbacks. I don’t think he would come here but if he did he would be a revelation. he is the closest thing to Scott Prince currently playing in the NRL.
More fodder for the argument that Robinson is overrated as a coach.

Latest posts

Back