Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I would be happy with Townsend for a couple of years. No to Walker - he isn’t what we need right now and vice versa. Would love to pull Volkman from the Warriors and Medcalfe is also super gifted. Can’t believe they have both on their roster and Shaun J in addition.

if Sam Walker can't get it done with a backline including
Keary
Tedesco
Manu
Suali
D Tupou

Don't think he can get it done at the Tigers. Plus he has terrible defence.
For the price it would cost pass,

That’s like saying Teddy, Keary and Manu wouldn’t get it done. They’re all struggling for cohesion atm and playing like individuals.

He has a 63% win success rate the kid as a 18/19yr old half delivered.

This year Walker is asked to play second role to Keary in the side & in a structured way which is not his natural style of play.

When Keary was out Walker was given more freedom and control. Walker is more eyes up type player and think under Shenji would create plenty for us - he has massive upside pending the style he is asked to play.

Regarding his defensive side the kid is what 20 with an 89% tackle efficiency this year, overall at 80% which is better than Brooks, Hunt, Townsend etc.

Walker hands down would improve our team.

If this is true, I can't understand how any player could consider themselves loyal to the Roosters, when the truth is the Roosters will dump you in a hearbeat if you don't deliver for any short period.

The whole thing about the Roosters is they are "supposed to take care of you" even if other clubs can offer bigger salaries, which means they put you in contact with the appropriate people to meet your needs and set you up for a life outside of football.

But you play average footy for a few months and they want to cut you loose. It's ruthless and I wish Tigers could afford to do the same thing, but my question is more about how does this engender loyalty? It would start to make people pissed off, if only the elite players receive the unconditional love, and everyone else is only a bad season away from being sent to the Gold Coast.
Because once they put on that jersey they will always get that “off field help” even if they go else where. (I should say approved to go elsewhere)

It’s how the can easily shop unwanted players around. They just say hey sorry you’re not in the teams plans next year. You need to retire / change clubs and accept half they money you are being paid currently. Oh also we want you to meet with a developer this afternoon who is looking for investors. He can loan you 200k and guarantee a return rate of 150% in two years once he sells x amount of properties.

Reactions: 851
That’s like saying Teddy, Keary and Manu wouldn’t get it done. They’re all struggling for cohesion atm and playing like individuals.

He has a 63% win success rate the kid as a 18/19yr old half delivered.

This year Walker is asked to play second role to Keary in the side & in a structured way which is not his natural style of play.

When Keary was out Walker was given more freedom and control. Walker is more eyes up type player and think under Shenji would create plenty for us - he has massive upside pending the style he is asked to play.

Regarding his defensive side the kid is what 20 with an 89% tackle efficiency this year, overall at 80% which is better than Brooks, Hunt, Townsend etc.

Walker hands down would improve our team.
Walker has great players around him he doesn't have that here. He is not the right fit, look at Pearce he left Roosters and failed too
you put teddy or Manu in our side in those positions we instantly improve.
Walker us all hype predicting he will be a flop if he leaves Roosters

Stop Teddy and you now stop the Chooks. Teddy is coming back to the field very quickly and so are the Chooks. Don’t get me wrong, Teddy will still win a game on his own, but not as often in the past.

Chooks should be sticking solid with Walker, but as a club they are not known for their patience , they want instant success. For that reason I think they have signed a big name replacement

So does anyone know if that Buzz rumour is true as it's been very quiet since?

I wonder how Fulton is fitting in as well

Stop Teddy and you now stop the Chooks. Teddy is coming back to the field very quickly and so are the Chooks. Don’t get me wrong, Teddy will still win a game on his own, but not as often in the past.

Chooks should be sticking solid with Walker, but as a club they are not known for their patience , they want instant success. For that reason I think they have signed a big name replacement
Probably signed Louis Dodd or Mitchell Pearce

I'm not that confident. There is some risk involved.

I'd love to see this signing though. There is a chance this kid could improve us significantly.

Filling our halve potions is the highest risks positions in the comp atm.

The pressure on anyone who enters the role is massive & they will absolutely hammered if results don’t happen.

I have no issues going for an experienced head but they will all be stop gap solutions and besides we need 2 halves anyway let alone backups.

Cooper Cronk is leading the call at the Roosters on the halves you can see they have changed the style this season.

People are over thinking things with Walker.
He isn’t the reason the Roosters suck of late in last 2 games with Keary and Manu they have scored 1 try & in the 3rd game beat the Dragons by 1pt. Before that when Walker played they averaged 17.6pts a game beating Warriors, Souths and Parra (whilst losing as well).

Our biggest weakness right now is someone who creates & we want someone to build around. Name a 18/19 yr old who has 37 try assists, 27 drop outs, tackles at 85%+ runs over 60mtrs a game and offloads as well with 50 games under his belt. Sure the Roosters quality has an impact on that but lets be real the kid deserves some credit he can play.

Back