Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So using that logic an average to below average half is worth more than an above average winger. Brooks is worth more than 500k
I don’t see it as that simple.
A halfback is significantly more influential to a team’s fortunes than a winger.
And a poor halfback is a dreadful liability.

A halfback is significantly more influential to a team’s fortunes than a winger.
Tell us about it!!

Funny how the whole team can improve when imposters are no longer in the way!!

Go to Specsavers BS!!

1686155564837.png

I don't think Schuster is worth half that $$..has no consistency.
Looks more like a secondrower with a few no look passes that rarely come off
All the talent in the world, he has just come off to me this year as a bit of a petulant child, throwing his toys out of the cot. I hope we don't go anywhere near him. Anything over 450k were getting ripped off.

That’s fair.

Problem I see is that there needs to be 17 halfbacks. There’s probably only 6 that people would all agree they would like at the tigers. The next 6 are still in high demand because of basic economics. They can hold their own in first grade, maybe cant/won’t win a comp with them but teams still need a halfback.

I'm really concerned Scott Fulton is a CEO/ board appointment .What kind of club doesn't even tell the coach they have appointed a new recruitment manager until its happened ?
Its like saying you just coach them ! We are running the show .
Now Shusters manager gets all excited trying to shop him for $1.2 mill . This half hearted 30 minute player is not worth the $800k he currently gets
We finally have a reasonable footy side showing a lot of effort and team harmony on the field . Whats Pascoes strategy ? Drive new wedges and factions ?

Sorry it’s not a signing rumour or anything but does anyone know more about the parramatta incident with the media personnel?

If brooks had any decency he’d take the 500k and work his arse off for a better contract the next time round. The bloke has been sitting on a winning lottery ticket for far too long.

These comments are ridiculous.
Have seen a few around if brooks was decent bloke.
500k with the cap increase would struggle to get you a top 13 player these days let alone a half.

As if you would do that. Walk into your current employer in the current economy and where the cap had a massive increase and say hey can you take 20% off.

Why expect someone else to do so.

FRIZELL TO STAY

Veteran forward Tyson Frizell has all but confirmed he will re-sign with the Knights amid speculation he could be forced out.

There was a report a couple of weeks ago revealing the Wests Tigers were interested in Frizell’s services, however the 31-year-old told Zero Tackle he “will” remain at the Knights, where he is “very happy and comfortable.”

Frizell, who earnt an Origin recall for NSW in game one, is coming off contract at the end of the season but he has no interest in signing anywhere else — especially after purchasing a new home in Newcastle.

“Yeah, I will (remain at the Knights),” Frizell said.

“I’m very happy and comfortable where I am... and my future will hopefully sort itself out, and hopefully, I guess, sooner rather than later.”

“I think any player that goes through it when we’re off contract at the end of the year and potentially other clubs that are interested in you,” he added when asked about the rumours regarding his future.

“All you can control is what you do on the field, and it’ll all take care of itself.

“(There is) no pressure at all. I guess if people are talking about it, it’s probably a good thing, so it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”

Reactions: 851
You are wrong, and it appears many on here are poorly informed.

Players eligible for the long serving players next season at our club include Klemmer, Korisau, nofoaluma and Brooks (if he signs). Twal is also eligible next season. Likewise players like Hunt, Frizzel would also be eligible.

Moses most definitely IS eligible for the allowance.

I posted this a few days ago but for those who didn't read it then...

"Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game".
Moses has not been at Parramatta for 8 years, nor has he been a Top 30 player in the NRL at large for 10 years.

He played Harold Matts with Parramatta, before being signed by the Tigers and playing SG Ball, Jersey Flegg, NSW Cup and then onto First Grade. If that qualifies as Parramatta 'developing him' then I'll stand corrected.

So, arrogant wording aside, excuse me if I'm not too impressed with being corrected by someone who is not only incorrect, but can't even be bothered spelling 'Frizzel' or 'Korisau' correctly.

It also wasn't the point of the original post.

Sheens has had many nicknames over the years Shonky Shifty and Teflon are just 3 that immediately come to mind.I am sure he has had plenty of others over the years some complimentary and some not so
I’ve been on the forum since before Sheens was at the club and nobody ever nicknamed him shonky. Just you.

It insinuates that he is dishonest or fraudulent in his dealings. You could say a lot of things about him, but shonky isn’t one.

These comments are ridiculous.
Have seen a few around if brooks was decent bloke.
500k with the cap increase would struggle to get you a top 13 player these days let alone a half.

As if you would do that. Walk into your current employer in the current economy and where the cap had a massive increase and say hey can you take 20% off.

Why expect someone else to do so.
Agree. And if we were stupid enough to give him that money, why wouldn't he take it?

I still hope we are looking elsewhere. Brookes has improved somewhat off the back of the forwards improvement but........ Wakeham has also improved this year but..... one has to be upgraded at least.

FRIZELL TO STAY

Veteran forward Tyson Frizell has all but confirmed he will re-sign with the Knights amid speculation he could be forced out.

There was a report a couple of weeks ago revealing the Wests Tigers were interested in Frizell’s services, however the 31-year-old told Zero Tackle he “will” remain at the Knights, where he is “very happy and comfortable.”

Frizell, who earnt an Origin recall for NSW in game one, is coming off contract at the end of the season but he has no interest in signing anywhere else — especially after purchasing a new home in Newcastle.

“Yeah, I will (remain at the Knights),” Frizell said.

“I’m very happy and comfortable where I am... and my future will hopefully sort itself out, and hopefully, I guess, sooner rather than later.”

“I think any player that goes through it when we’re off contract at the end of the year and potentially other clubs that are interested in you,” he added when asked about the rumours regarding his future.

“All you can control is what you do on the field, and it’ll all take care of itself.

“(There is) no pressure at all. I guess if people are talking about it, it’s probably a good thing, so it doesn’t bother me whatsoever.”
Thank goodness!

Staff online

Back