Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Also just for reference, Tino DID get cited for this strike on Mahoney, same camera angle, same technique of leading with the forearms and body angled behind, putting all power through his forearms and impossible to avoid the forearms point of contact (except by a tackle below the waist).
1686376330005.png

A useful tool to judge an issue is “the pub test” and letting Tino off Scott free doesn’t pass the pub test.
Luke Payten and Co you failed.
Well there are all these muppets that will tell you "it's bad technique" or "it's a contact sport" or "he should learn to tackle low" - and those will come up in the pub just as often.

And that's all fine, except tackling Tino low 100% of the time means he will offload 90% of the time. And it puts you at risk of raised knees or hips (a majority of concussed defenders are from attempted low tackles).

And "it's a contact sport" as a major argument of the unhinged and untoothed, which is fine if they aren't simultaneously outlawing crushers, hip drops, late tackles, late hits, shoulder charges etc.

Brent read mentioned Scott fulton sitting back watching how things are working at wests.

Insinuating he not making any moves yet
He better hurry up and sign some players, saints leading souths now, we could be outright last by 4.45pm today

Reactions: BZN
Hi I was talking with someone today about Dylan Brown and the conversation turned to a Penrith player who did something wrong I think last year or the year before and was still allowed to play in the final series and I think it was of a sexual nature as well

Does anyone remember the player and what happened for the life I me I can not remember

Brent read mentioned Scott fulton sitting back watching how things are working at wests.

"Not making any moves yet"
Scott Fulton has bought into the WT mindset immediately.
We had no Cap Space and were shit, now we have and there's nobody to spend it on. Can one of you intelligent folk who are all for "the immediate release of players with no replacement and saving it to make a big splash" explain to me how it isn't the most ridiculous and inept form of Roster Management. What happens if all the marquees we target, re-sign with their Clubs next year?
Just upgrade an already shit roster?

Hi I was talking with someone today about Dylan Brown and the conversation turned to a Penrith player who did something wrong I think last year or the year before and was still allowed to play in the final series and I think it was of a sexual nature as well

Does anyone remember the player and what happened for the life I me I can not remember
Tyrone may???

It was taylen may but it wasn’t a crime of sexual nature

"Not making any moves yet"
Scott Fulton has bought into the WT mindset immediately.
We had no Cap Space and were shit, now we have and there's nobody to spend it on. Can one of you intelligent folk who are all for "the immediate release of players with no replacement and saving it to make a big splash" explain to me how it isn't the most ridiculous and inept form of Roster Management. What happens if all the marquees we target, re-sign with their Clubs next year?
Just upgrade an already shit roster?

We are a shit club I get it

Well there are all these muppets that will tell you "it's bad technique" or "it's a contact sport" or "he should learn to tackle low" - and those will come up in the pub just as often.

And that's all fine, except tackling Tino low 100% of the time means he will offload 90% of the time. And it puts you at risk of raised knees or hips (a majority of concussed defenders are from attempted low tackles).

And "it's a contact sport" as a major argument of the unhinged and untoothed, which is fine if they aren't simultaneously outlawing crushers, hip drops, late tackles, late hits, shoulder charges etc.
I predict Tino will break another Jaw this season or knock someone out .This time there uproar and he'll be suspended because its not vs Tigers . Ginnane layed the groundwork saying as it happened tackle ok a few times

Maybe Tyrone May.

I don't believe these journos know a thing, every single one of them make shit up. The old school journalism is finished. So with that being said, if, and that's a big if, there is any truth to this, what is the point of seeing how things work at the Tigers? Isn't Fulton's role obvious? Look who is off contract in the NRL and Super League, look who may be in a permision to break there contract due to certain circumstances, and look at world Rugby. Then investigate interest, refer to Sheens and Benji, then proceed with negotiations. It's not hard.

I don't believe these journos know a thing, every single one of them make shit up. The old school journalism is finished. So with that being said, if, and that's a big if, there is any truth to this, what is the point of seeing how things work at the Tigers? Isn't Fulton's role obvious? Look who is off contract in the NRL and Super League, look who may be in a permision to break there contract due to certain circumstances, and look at world Rugby. Then investigate interest, refer to Sheens and Benji, then proceed with negotiations. It's not hard.

Would be nice to hear from him but looks like type of person that's happy to work I'm the shadows

SHOOSH

Wests Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton is concerned about false rumours around Josh Schuster. “Josh’s manager Mario Tartak has never asked for $1.2 million from the Wests Tigers and I suspect I know where this is coming from,” Fulton said.

SHOOSH

Wests Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton is concerned about false rumours around Josh Schuster. “Josh’s manager Mario Tartak has never asked for $1.2 million from the Wests Tigers and I suspect I know where this is coming from,” Fulton said.

Sounds like Warren McDonnell went out swinging!!! Maybe another hole has been plugged in club media leaks.

SHOOSH

Sounds like Warren McDonnell went out swinging!!! Maybe another hole has been plugged in club media leaks.

What it does suggest though is we are talking to Tartak about Josh Schuster as Fulton didn't say they weren't talking just that the amount is wrong

Back