Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Anyone need a winger for a good half?

Wish Storm didn't unearth another solid winger in Warbrick, otherwise Nofa for Pezet would have been a nice play.
I think Blore would be someone they’d ask for…. very Bellamy type player.

Wouldn’t want to make another Talau for JAC mistake, if that was on the table from Melb I’d take it with some cash included too.

Pezet and Fainu could be revolutionary if handled correctly and having Api/TDS to guide them around with a young star in Bula could be something special

I’m wondering what we should do with Bula.
Do we spend the next year teaching him to organise a defensive line and position himself better, or do we use his attacking prowess in the centres and recruit a ball-playing, experienced fullback?

• Wow
Reactions: Moh
Do we spend the next year teaching him to organise a defensive line and position himself better, or do we use his attacking prowess in the centres and recruit a ball-playing, experienced fullback?
And where are u going to fine a experienced fullback

Have to put the time in with Bula I think. He has all the attributes to be a top fullback. Plus sounds like he works his arse off in Training. Positionally he is already better than Laurie. The question is do we have someone at the club who can teach him properly? Not going to happen but getting someone like slater in for some consultancy would be amazing.

Have to put the time in with Bula I think. He has all the attributes to be a top fullback. Plus sounds like he works his arse off in Training. Positionally he is already better than Laurie. The question is do we have someone at the club who can teach him properly? Not going to happen but getting someone like slater in for some consultancy would be amazing.
Wonder if he keeps at it how long before he might be up for qld call up, that would work wonders for him in a few years if it ever hapened

hey man

I was just reading this post and it got me thinking.

have you been assessed for dementia lately?

early onset dementia is a cruel thing and it helps your family to know ahead of time.

hey man

I was just reading this post and it got me thinking.

have you been assessed for dementia lately?

early onset dementia is a cruel thing and it helps your family to know ahead of time.
Nothing to add?
Your lack of footy knowledge is sad. Just personal attacks.

He's our #1 bro no doubt about it. I would move
big june tupou to centre, needs his hands on the
ball more. Bula needs to work on organising
The D line as you mentioned, also worth noting
that he has a good running gait but he could
work on his acceleration & passing as well ...

He's our #1 bro no doubt about it. I would move
big june tupou to centre, needs his hands on the
ball more. Bula needs to work on organising
The D line as you mentioned, also worth noting
that he has a good running gait but he could
work on his acceleration & passing as well ...
I understand his great start has everyone excited. So did Daine Laurie’s first season.
He has a mountain of stuff to learn to be a good fullback, but also has the opportunity to be our Manu in the centres.
Just throwing ideas out there.

Of course the Daily Tele has to ruin s good news Sunday for the Tigers with this crap.

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has hit out at suggestions Benji Marshall is ready to walk away from the club over creative differences with new recruitment boss Scott Fulton.

Marshall is due to take charge of the Tigers from 2025, although there has been speculation his ascent to the top job could be brought forward given the club’s struggles this season under Tim Sheens.

Of more immediate concern have been the whispers that Marshall is having second thoughts over his coaching future given the recent appointment of Fulton, which was made without any input from Marshall or Sheens.

Rugby league has been awash with talk over the past week that Marshall was weighing up his future amid suggestions he and Fulton were on different pages over attempts to keep Luke Brooks and a potential move for Josh Schuster.

This masthead spoke to sources close to Marshall over the weekend who confirmed there were issues that needed to be addressed, but they had not got to the point where he was ready to turn his back on coaching.

Hagipantelis spoke to Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe on Sunday afternoon and was assured that Marshall is going nowhere.

“Beyond confident,” Hagipantelis said.

“I just got off the phone with Justin – we have heard all this today – and he spoke to Benji. It is just ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. There is no suggestion whatsoever that Benj or Scott are going anywhere.

“They are on a list management committee. Their roles complement each other, don’t conflict. Scott’s role is to go out and recruit what Benji wants and what he sees that the club needs for the future moving forward.

“There is no conflict there. They will have healthy and robust discussions as to players from time to time as you would expect.

“There is nothing unusual (about that). In fact, it is to be encouraged. All of those discussions of course must be retained in-house.”

The Tigers took their time before tabling a two-year deal to Brooks which encompassed a significant pay cut on his existing salary.

This masthead revealed a fortnight ago that Brooks rejected the deal, personally calling Marshall to inform him that he was heading to the open market.

Brooks is yet to secure a deal for next season – he was heavily linked with Manly over the weekend, where he shapes as a quality foil for Daly Cherry-Evans.

Marshall and Sheens were already on edge after the club brought in Fulton, a move that spelled the end for former recruitment boss Warren McDonnell, a close confidante of the pair.

Schuster has emerged as the latest bone of contention at the club amid talk that Fulton’s close relationship could prompt a move for the Manly five-eighth.

Marshall is known to be opposed to the move – there had been talk that if Schuster arrived, he could leave. Hagipantelis insisted the relationship between Marshall and Fulton is complimentary.

“As I say there is no issue, there is no conflict, there is no concern,” he said.

Asked about the Brooks negotiations, Hagipantelis said: “The list management committee elevates a recommendation to the board.

“The board considers the recommendation and moves forward with an offer. The offer was made. The end, the end.

“Tim and Benji had expressed a desire to retain Luke. Hence why the offer was made to him.”

Hagipantelis confirmed Schuster’s name had been raised, although he is unable to sign with any rival clubs until he enters the final year of his deal on November 1.

“Absolutely, there have been a lot of players whose names have been raised,” he said.

“He may be available for discussions after November 1 but at the moment it is also speculative and purely academic.

“It is their roles to raise these names and to go through all the pros and cons and come to a view, which is what they then act on and move forward.

“It is just disruptive. You have two people at the top of their games whose roles compliment each other, don’t conflict. That sort of stuff getting out of the list management committee saying they are not on the same page doesn’t help. It is frustrating.”

Anyone hear about the rumours about Marshall clashing with Fulton and wanting out, homeless inspector gadget was in the paper saying it's all crap, I'd never even heard of it.
I read something that Marshall is unhappy that Fulton replaced Macdonell.

I think this is why with the way the Fainu article is worded that Marshall said that Schuster is not in his plans, making a statement I think - I am in charge.

It seems that Fulton and Schuster are close but Marshall vetoed it, which personally I believe is the right call.

It just worries me that Lee is still waffling on and Pascoe has gone underground.

I understand his great start has everyone excited. So did Daine Laurie’s first season.
He has a mountain of stuff to learn to be a good fullback, but also has the opportunity to be our Manu in the centres.
Just throwing ideas out there.

His best games was the indigenous round. He needs to bottle that form bit a bit down since

No I'm just worried about you man. Bula is about to win NRL rookie of the year as the best fullback we've had in 8 years and you are wondering whether we should move him to centres. It's just concerning to see from someone I respect so much.
He’s played 8 games. Are you premature in everything you do?

Back