Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hey just quietly, is it just me or does anyone else get warm and fuzzy watching the roosters failing - especially Tedesco. I know I do. Mmmm…
It is a momentary feeling because we all know the Roosters will be back. The Dragons are under siege to let Hunt go. Extrapolate that with Tedesco and a sharp decline in his ability. The Roosters will be looking for a successor especially after the loss of the wonderkid to the Wallabies. Can you get homesick playing for one Sydney club but want to play for another Sydney club? We'll see.

With Hunt reportedly going to Titans next year (would love to have him here) do we go for Sexton?

9. Api/TDS
7. Sexton
6. Fainu
1. Bula

Or do we need an experienced head to guide us for a few years?
I don't mind the idea of Sexton but if they get Hunt I would go for Boyd. He can kick goals, good kicking in general play and will get you a guaranteed penalty every game when he flops when someone hits him after kicking the ball..

If we do get Fainu, I hope we play him at 6 and don’t try and turn him into a game managing halfback. Everything I’ve seen from him screams X factor and runner.
Please yes. He is a 6 or even a X factor center.

But knowing the WT, he will become a Number 9. We need to have at least 5 hookers ready to go before we even think of a halfback.

The unusual thing about the whole Hunt saga is that him and Flanagan are mates. They have coffee together once a week. Flanno must've stiffed him for the bill one week.

Last edited:
I don't mind the idea of Sexton but if they get Hunt I would go for Boyd. He can kick goals, good kicking in general play and will get you a guaranteed penalty every game when he flops when someone hits him after kicking the ball..
I am hearing Hunt is off to Brisbane which makes sense as the Titans have Foran.
Des is not punting Foran.

So Broncos we have:
Jock Madden
Tristan Sailor
Ezra Mam
Billy walters
Josh Rogers....

Naturally I don't see Adam Reynolds moving. However with the Broncos taking on Hunt, Could we make a play for Kotoni Staggs? (Joe O could have been our connection here... ). Kotoni shouldn't go 5/8 with Fainu, but he could easily solve a stack of problems at Centre.

Ofcourse Adam I would drop 1m on no questions.

Yep, putting Fainu at 9 would be as bad as putting him in the centres
Maybe not.

GI whipped it at Centre. So many people seem to push for Halfback and 5/8 but you get a Centre who can add a dynamic to the attack and you are really scoring. Jamie Lyon is the example that stands out to me, a decent 5/8 but brillant at Centre. Likewise Pat Richards who made the most try assists as a winger for us.

Ofcourse we want Fainu at 5/8. He is not an organising halfback...

Please yes. He is a 6 or even a X factor center.

But knowing the WT, he will become a Number 9. We need to have at least 5 hookers ready to go before we even think of a halfback.
Hooker is a very important position,,, not every hooker is suited to the centres, as Brad Fittler so ably demonstrated for us during Origin 2.. just in case anybody ever doubts it!b🥹😅😂

Don't hear much up here in taree guys, was talking to a friend in Sydney, he said it's reported Fulton is pushing for Schuster but Benji doesn't want him, any truth in this? Just have a bad feeling about this Fulton appointment
ahh , Taree, GIS hometown, how is the weather up there in sunny QLD today? 😂🤣🤣

Maybe not.

GI whipped it at Centre. So many people seem to push for Halfback and 5/8 but you get a Centre who can add a dynamic to the attack and you are really scoring. Jamie Lyon is the example that stands out to me, a decent 5/8 but brillant at Centre. Likewise Pat Richards who made the most try assists as a winger for us.

Ofcourse we want Fainu at 5/8. He is not an organising halfback...
And Hooker? Just to be safe?

Members online

Back