Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The more I think about it, one of the players I hope Fulton/Benji have on the same page is BRAD PARKER. He is no game-breaker but would bring experience in the centres, strong defence, effort & leadership, all ingredients we lack in the outside backs.

He is a Manly junior so may not want to move but unlikely he is a Top 17 player next season unless they see him as a 2nd Row/Centre bench utility.

He could be our modern day Shane Elford!
My only concern with Parker is injuries. His body has taken a battering as he has played a very physical style of game for a long time

Yeah I'm one also who think Junior Tupou will be better as a tackle-breaking centre than a wing. He was a centre back in his junior days in Canberra and also junior wallabies, possessing a good pass. Anyway I'll leave that to Benji.
Tupou's biggest weakness, as far as I can see, is his ability to catch bombs. He can pass nicely. If he had Staines outside him...

Just had a look at who is in the Matt Desira Aria Management stable that it seems we are on side with (Benji's manager) ... Brandon Mansfield, Heath Mason, Mikey Tannous, Jeral Skelton (interesting considering @a_dog mail last week), Jayden Campbell ... no others that would really interest us.

Just had a look at who is in the Matt Desira Aria Management stable that it seems we are on side with (Benji's manager) ... Brandon Mansfield, Heath Mason, Mikey Tannous, Jeral Skelton (interesting considering @a_dog mail last week), Jayden Campbell ... no others that would really interest us.
Where did you find that? I was looking last night & kept hitting road blocks.

Skelton is interesting.

My only concern with Parker is injuries. His body has taken a battering as he has played a very physical style of game for a long time
Isaiah Tass would be the other 'gettable' centre who Fulton should investigate. Under contract but Wighton coming in may see him become expendable at the Rabbits (solid in both A & D).

Gus actually reiterated his comments from earlier in the year on 100% footy, that the Wests Tigers are not far off a good team despite results and ladder position, he said they are heading in the right direction
The night is darkest before dawn type stuff. Certainly feels that way at the moment. I just have no sense of when dawn is coming or if it is coming.

If you listened to Braith last night, he talked about the type of guys the Tigers need going forward. Benji is no doubt also aware.
I got the feeling Benji briefed him before the show. That gives me confidence that we will be very careful not to recruit any dumbass low IQ sooky footballers and may do what we can to offload them (i.e. Kepaoa, Nofa).

The Benji/Fulton combination has the ability and potential to be incredibly beneficial for us from a long term perceptive. Both incredibly respected men in their own individual departments - this club has been destroyed by media members before but these two boys are pretty much adored in those spaces. Having our heavy hitters having great relationships with both the media and player agents can create a powerful force.

I have a lot of faith in Benji as a coach, he’s been coached by both Sheens and Bennet and seems to have the personality in which players will want to play for him and believe in his vision. Fulton pretty much has the whole Western Sydney on his watch, his ability to help us retain our young juniors within and continue on signing new juniors to our nursery will only further improve us. On top of that, he has a fantastic relationship with most player agents in the game a lot tied to our club.

However, the concern is how they executed this in which has derailed a lot of momentum. Pascoe and Lee have heavy blame for this. The fact they didn’t even bother to inform either Benji who has a 5 year deal clearly in our long term plans, or Sheens is insulting and unprofessional. I’m not expecting them to give Benji/Sheens the final decision, but at least informing them before it’s done that that’s the direction they’re trying to go towards. Instead of all these secret meetings behind everyone’s back which just shows a lack of continuity and togetherness that a football club is meant to provide. Fulton has been thrown into an awkward situation unfairly and probably feels like Benji isn’t listening to him out of pettiness, whilst Benji probably feels like Fulton and his views are completely different and this could’ve been easier if he was apart of the negotiation.

I’m not as against Lee as most, he has had his moments where I’d prefer he’d keep his mouth shut but he does a lot for our club and hasn’t been here as long. However, Pascoe needs to go and be replaced by Shane Richardson ASAP.

A potential three headed monster in Fulton, Benji and Richardson could be forever dangerous.

Oloapu was unhappy at the Broncos because, from memory, he was playing hooker.

Left to play in the halves at the Bulldogs.

Now moving into lock?

I predict an unhappy camper down the road.
Have heard from a reliable source that he is going to lock and no issue. Anyway we will see in 2024.

Hard to say. NZ connection. Says there's a rumour going around a Warriors half is going to Tigers, indicated it was Metcalf. BUT...I have no idea how reliable.

But, I thought being a rumours thread it was appropriate.

For 2025 right?

He is signed with the Wahs next year…didnt think we could approach him until Nov

Back