Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sullivan isn’t the issue - he actually prefers the move to us over Newcastle.

Flanagan is the issue. Trying to hard ball a little too much to a point it’s scaring off suitors.

The deal isn’t dead though that’s for sure.
Pretty shitty management to say you're free to leave immediately, but when clubs make offers you stall... But to be fair they would want to chip in as little as possible. Tartak needs to work them over a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
Can’t wait for Newcastle to make the 8 and everyone on here who still thinks Hastings is no good can continue to say he’s no good lol

Basically got them on edge of the 8 without Kalyn Ponga most of the season.

Blah blah but he’s slow and he doesn’t do anything blah blah

Yes bc most of you don’t know what on organizing half is … he kicks and directs traffic … someone we haven’t had since robert Lui before sheens kicked hastings out ….

Blah blah he didn’t kick him out … he only told him to play lock bc he’s slow blah blah

I’m so glad I sent Pascoe and Lee emails and texts when they were thinking of releasing him pleading for them not to…. And they said

“We will not apologize for our recruitment decisions “

Lol.

Start the BS excuses about why hastings is no good and brooks is better and hastings left on his own accord …

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

And before people say he got it last year … we lost our coach halfway through the year… hastings didn’t play a lot bc injured and also didn’t play halfback bc sheens wanted noddy to play him at lock….

We would be top 8 with him and API…

Everyone who disagrees has no idea

Not having a shot at you, but there is a big difference in skillset between Reynolds and Brookes.
Reynolds can organise, pass, think under pressure, and kick goals.
Brookes assets are he's fast and occasionally he sets up a play.
Fast but had to be asked for ten years to run

Don’t agree, most teams are doing short drop outs. Ours are poorly directed, but we had about 10 of them and I think they scored of one maybe two. We never hold out a team even if we drop out long, I believe it’s worth a go.
I thought the team showed up tonight just a few rough calls from stardust with easy piggybacking penalties helped the scoffs cause out of trouble all nite. Api was fantastic but we just lack direction in the halves. We get up their end heaps, but regularly fail to convert. That’s our problem.
Brooks made us better last nite but he’s no architect!
In all honesty we were gone in the first half, we can't keep giving big leads away. Good to see them come back in the second half but until we become more disciplined the story might stay the same. We know the ref's don't need much to blow penalties against us we just need to be a bit smarter and not give away cheap penalties, leading to easy yardage.

Pretty shitty management to say you're free to leave immediately, but when clubs make offers you stall... But to be fair they would want to chip in as little as possible. Tartak needs to work them over a bit
Flanagan is a real piece of work, he told Sullivan he was the number one half going forward and that Ben Hunt was gone at the end of the season. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw a syringe

Can’t wait for Newcastle to make the 8 and everyone on here who still thinks Hastings is no good can continue to say he’s no good lol

Yes bc most of you don’t know what on organizing half is … he kicks and directs traffic … someone we haven’t had since robert Lui before sheens kicked hastings out ….

Blah blah he didn’t kick him out … he only told him to play lock bc he’s slow blah blah

I’m so glad I sent Pascoe and Lee emails and texts when they were thinking of releasing him pleading for them not to…. And they said

Lol.

Start the BS excuses about why hastings is no good and brooks is better and hastings left on his own accord …

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

And before people say he got it last year … we lost our coach halfway through the year… hastings didn’t play a lot bc injured and also didn’t play halfback bc sheens wanted noddy to play him at lock….

Hard to disagree with that. Blind Freddy could see it was a huge mistake letting Hastings go. He showed more in the minimal time he played last season than Brooks showed in 10 years and he loved the place too!

The arrogant “we will not apologise for our recruitment decisions” mob are sorry now. Actually no cancel that, they won’t be sorry at all - too arrogant to admit a mistake. Us fans are the only sorry ones as usual. Despite all the rhetoric to the contrary this club couldn’t give a toss about its supporters.

Xavier Willison - yes the Tigers are interested in him ..but here's the problem Broncos are just realising that he might worth keeping and is starting to put in some good performances in the top grade.. Bronco's arelosing two props next season so not sure if we'll get him.

Adrian Sezer - yes we have offered him just a 1 year contract .. last i heard he was keen to accept but his manager wants more from us.

Jayden Sullivan - toured the COE the last week ..but also went to Newcastle. He was very impressed with the CEO .. more so than the Newcastle set up .. i only recently heard that he has asked for an early release from his remaining 2 years with the Dragons. I'll say it here .. Sullivan will be wearing Black and Orange next season .. ;-)

Jake Simpkin - we a have a dilemma here .. we'd like to keep him, but he has realised that he fallen behind TDS now .. so i dont think he'll be with us next season. Interesting enough there are two clubs keeping an keen eye on him .. (Rorters and Show Ponies)

I have heard people say we should have a look at Billy Smith and the Rorters are keen on Bradman Best. The Rorters see Billy Smith as their permanent centre alongside Best .. and yes you heard it here first .. Rorters will Manu to fullback .. so who's the odd man out .. ??I'll let you all do the math here .. lol

Lol.

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

This take is far too one dimensional. I agree Hastings plays his role well. But his role is to position the team to get the ball in Ponga's hands where Ponga wants it. He wouldn't have Ponga here so I doubt we'd be in the 8 with him.
Then there's no consideration to if we would have Klemmer and Bateman here if Hastings was retained, or was he truly off with team mates? How would that have affected on field results?
So yeah handy player, but who knows how things would've played out with him here.

Xavier Willison - yes the Tigers are interested in him ..but here's the problem Broncos are just realising that he might worth keeping and is starting to put in some good performances in the top grade.. Bronco's arelosing two props next season so not sure if we'll get him.

Adrian Sezer - yes we have offered him just a 1 year contract .. last i heard he was keen to accept but his manager wants more from us.

Jayden Sullivan - toured the COE the last week ..but also went to Newcastle. He was very impressed with the CEO .. more so than the Newcastle set up .. i only recently heard that he has asked for an early release from his remaining 2 years with the Dragons. I'll say it here .. Sullivan will be wearing Black and Orange next season .. ;-)

Jake Simpkin - we a have a dilemma here .. we'd like to keep him, but he has realised that he fallen behind TDS now .. so i dont think he'll be with us next season. Interesting enough there are two clubs keeping an keen eye on him .. (Rorters and Show Ponies)

I have heard people say we should have a look at Billy Smith and the Rorters are keen on Bradman Best. The Rorters see Billy Smith as their permanent centre alongside Best .. and yes you heard it here first .. Rorters will Manu to fullback .. so who's the odd man out .. ??I'll let you all do the math here .. lol

Thanks for the update but you spelt COE wrong as i doubt anybody would be impressed with our CEO,i hope some of that happens as we certainly need a lift as a group of supporters.I would hope that Turdesco does not try to come back as Bula is a better long term option imho and we don't want to upset him by bringing in an old traitor

Lol.

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

The fact that you say 50% of the conversation has no idea shows you have no idea.

Definitely interesting points. Knights have a better side than us though. Good forward pack, good backs. At least they have centres.

I for one never said Hastings wasn't a good organiser and leader. I said he won't win you a comp. We need to get two halves that you could see on grand final day. Whatever your opinion he won't be there period.

Thanks for the update but you spelt COE wrong as i doubt anybody would be impressed with our CEO,i hope some of that happens as we certainly need a lift as a group of supporters.I would hope that Turdesco does not try to come back as Bula is a better long term option imho and we don't want to upset him by bringing in an old traitor
Who cares about our COE when you got the the two loony tunes showing them around. Fair dinkum get benji and api to do the tours.

If I saw Lee anywhere near a meeting as a player I'd cringe.

Hard to disagree with that. Blind Freddy could see it was a huge mistake letting Hastings go. He showed more in the minimal time he played last season than Brooks showed in 10 years and he loved the place too!

The arrogant “we will not apologise for our recruitment decisions” mob are sorry now. Actually no cancel that, they won’t be sorry at all - too arrogant to admit a mistake. Us fans are the only sorry ones as usual. Despite all the rhetoric to the contrary this club couldn’t give a toss about its supporters.

That's recruitment. It's a team sport. Some people like to over dramatise things.

Back