Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's transfer cutoff & top 30 squad deadline day today. Will we see action or will we see crickets?

- Could we see Jake Simpkin, Nofa or AJ Kepaoa on the move? (only speculating as 3 who may draw interest that we'd be willing to let go)
- I could see Simpkin returning to Queensland. Maybe Titans or Dolphins.
- Nofa, any chance we can entice Parra to take him given their need for an outside back.
- Kepaoa, Storm had reportedly shown interest according to some ITKs on here.
- I doubt we will bring any in, maybe just promote either TDS, Mansfield or Feledy to top 30 (since they get promoted in '24 anyway). I have recollection of us promoting Henry O'Kane to top 30 at the same time last season to fill the 30th spot.
I agree with letting those u mentioned go but apart from TDS , there not going to improve are team we need to bring in players who can demand there spot not kids , I know we all want a pathways but are kids are not up to it yet

So now it's an opinion? - You rolled it out as definitive or fact..

And despite you ignoring it,
there was zero footage the conclusively showed he was offside...
Regardless of what you think you saw.
Sorry perhaps I wasn’t clear. In my opinion Brooks was offside. Not fact, but my opinion and I was basing that on watching the same replay that I assume you also watched. I didn’t think I saw anything, I watched it and believe he was offside, perhaps you don’t and that’s fine and I’m not going to chip you for it.

Not sure what you arguing with, if it’s my choice of words, sorry to offend, if you think it’s because Brooks wasn’t offside, that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

You really don’t like differing opinions do you. I reckon brooks was offside. Thought I made that clear. Thankfully you and the bunker didn’t. Not sure why my opinion is garble because of it.
I thought the decision to award the try was perhaps a bit of an event.

I thought the decision to award the try was perhaps a bit of an event.

Bunker barely had a look at it lol. I thought he
was offside. Highlights the ineptitude of the
officials having to square it up for us - like the
raiders forward pass the ref pulled up that
wasn't even forward (after we had already
conceded 2 tries off forward passes). I'd much
rather them get it right than give us a leg up,
often times it's too late anyway. Really shitty

It's just total bias against a struggling club and just gets brushed under the carpet

I don't know what the club can do

The NRL don't care

The real question that needs to shed though is of the touch judge

He needs to be sat down in front of a replay to explain to his boss and tigers officials as to why he should keep his job while watching the pass and explaining to everyone how he missed something so blatant

Put the idiot on the spot and embarrass him
Can we live stream it please.
Maybe channel 9 could televise it prior to our next game.

So now it's an opinion? - You rolled it out as definitive or fact..

And despite you ignoring it,
there was zero footage the conclusively showed he was offside...
Regardless of what you think you saw.
Likewise with your assertion that forward passes were thrown that caused tries.
Raiders scored 4 tries. Popular opinion on here is that 3 were off forward passes.
Can you identify each and explain how the suspected forward pass, which you state are ‘missed all the time’, directly related to each try?

Show me this 'assertion' I made you miserable wannabe bully?
I commented on our try only, And that it was clearly offside.

But Yes - The footage was quite clear on the both passes...
(One replay was almost directly in line)

The Footage from our try wasn't remotely as clear,
And the angle mainly shown was from behind play.
Why are you getting upset?
Is it because you know I’m going to call you a sissy little whiny [This word has been automatically removed] who blames the refs because his side is too hopeless to win a game?
…or are you just depressed?

We have been getting robbed by refereeing decisions constantly for a long, long time.
Until we have the players to overcome it and help us win a lot more games, nothing will change in that respect.
Anyway this is supposed to be a Signings and Rumoured Signings topic.

Can anyone explain why we wouldn’t do this?

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.
Right call in my opinion. I think the default opinion that Tigers Admin is a joke is wrong here. Fainus better off finishing the year in a stronger reserve grade side rather than getting off to a poor start in our ressies or first grade teams. Right move not rewarding Talau for his disloyalty and poor performances by allowing him to leave early. Lastly Manly would be the ones receiving a current "first grader", why would the Tigers want to do them a favour? (Although it's debatable as to whether Talau is a first grader).

Fainus will be better off with a full pre season and a fresh start next year.

Can anyone explain why we wouldn’t do this?

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.
We should most definitely have released Talau as soon as we can. He's wasting space for us, shouldn't play again in any grade.
I'd have thought we'd want to start working on the training ground with the new boys asap. But then with the hopeless state of the nsw cup side maybe they shouldn't be exposed to that in case incompetence is contagious.

That pass tho. Ow my.
That pass was the best thing Nof has done in years. Sad.

You'd hope that that was his last game at the club, his defence was still atrocious. Slow, stupid, and just a total waste of space these days. But sadly it's likely no one else will want to touch him either. Does Manly need a backup winger?? Any takers, anywhere in the world? And yes we'll have to chip in at least 200k to get rid of him, but we have bucketloads of cash, so that's no biggie either.

Is it time for the club to really take a stance against the NRL , because we are getting screwed every week, those two forward passes were blatant, blind Freddy could have picked them up , the club can not sit back and let this happen week in week out ,
100 percent BP. The other funny thing is Laurie being penalised for throwing the ball and back chatting. Today we find out Weighton basically said the ref was cheating the Raiders and has to go to the judiciary. Yet no penalty during the game, funny that.

Latest posts

Back