Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

One other thing on todays game, NOFO I am a fan of his, but when he took that intercept today,
the instant he took it, I thought he would run the length of the field to score, but by halfway about 4 or 5 players managed to round him up, cannot beleive how fast he isnt anymore.

He’s never been rapid but he has lost a lot of the pace he once had off the back of that. They rounded him up like it was nothing, he all round game not just his pace seems to have nose dived. It was a nice pass though I’ll give him that.

He’s never been rapid but he has lost a lot of the pace he once had off the back of that. They rounded him up like it was nothing, he all round game not just his pace seems to have nose dived. It was a nice pass though I’ll give him that.
Sadly Nofa has lost both acceleration and top end speed
Ever opponent backline gives him start and runs him down..quickly..then exploits his defence deficiencies
Despite his experience positioning for cross kicks,he is now too slow to be effective as as an NRL wingerUnfortunately last nites intercept and subsequent chase down made his speed issues transparent to all NRL teams.and will probably completely eliminate potential interest from other NRL clubs.Storm sw this lat year
weve got him for 2 more years after 2023, so Staines and Tupou become must haves on the wings
Thanks Lee..but u hired him and u need ti exctract him somehow
.Take the hit

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why we wouldn’t do this?

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.

Manly have been able to look to secure a player worth about $350,000 to cover for their injured star but have been unable to find a replacement.

The Tigers were unwilling to let go of Tommy Talau despite Talau joining Manly next year.

It now leaves Manly unable to fill the gap before the mid-year trade window ends on August 7.

The Tigers are also going to wait until the end of the season to get their hands on 2024 recruits Samuela and Latu Fainu who Manly would have released early if the Tigers wanted.
A couple of reasons maybe - no to Talau because its manly so stuff them - the Fainus may want to finish the season with Blacktown in the top 4 in reggies.

We have wall to wall muppets running our club and nothing more needs to said imho.

Fresh club, fresh start, fresh season.

Interesting.

Few considerations

- what do the fainu brothers want to do stay or go?

- is there any cap implications?

- how many rounds to we have left?

- what's better for their development?

- will be a different looking team next year.

You are right

Either the officials have been given the ok to screw the tigers over as it would be near impossible not to pick up such a blatant forward pass than virtual knock on or the officials are plain junkies just out there for their good looks so it looks like the NRL are doing their job to have a fair comp

Like truly honestly when you are on the job that close to the action it is the ultimate position to pick up on the direction of the ball but they just turn a blind eye depending on who the ruling could be against
Is it time for the club to really take a stance against the NRL , because we are getting screwed every week, those two forward passes were blatant, blind Freddy could have picked them up , the club can not sit back and let this happen week in week out ,

It's transfer cutoff & top 30 squad deadline day today. Will we see action or will we see crickets?

- Could we see Jake Simpkin, Nofa or AJ Kepaoa on the move? (only speculating as 3 who may draw interest that we'd be willing to let go)
- I could see Simpkin returning to Queensland. Maybe Titans or Dolphins.
- Nofa, any chance we can entice Parra to take him given their need for an outside back.
- Kepaoa, Storm had reportedly shown interest according to some ITKs on here.
- I doubt we will bring any in, maybe just promote either TDS, Mansfield or Feledy to top 30 (since they get promoted in '24 anyway). I have recollection of us promoting Henry O'Kane to top 30 at the same time last season to fill the 30th spot.

To be fair the wingers that came from cross field were very deep when the intercept was made.

Again, if it was our side that threw the intercept we would of all been flat in the line and not had a chance.

But yes he has lost his explosiveness.

It's transfer cutoff & top 30 squad deadline day today. Will we see action or will we see crickets?

- Could we see Jake Simpkin, Nofa or AJ Kepaoa on the move? (only speculating as 3 who may draw interest that we'd be willing to let go)
- I could see Simpkin returning to Queensland. Maybe Titans or Dolphins.
- Nofa, any chance we can entice Parra to take him given their need for an outside back.
- Kepaoa, Storm had reportedly shown interest according to some ITKs on here.
- I doubt we will bring any in, maybe just promote either TDS, Mansfield or Feledy to top 30 (since they get promoted in '24 anyway). I have recollection of us promoting Henry O'Kane to top 30 at the same time last season to fill the 30th spot.
Hopefully we shift someone as we desperately need some new recruits who can hopefully offer more on attack than what we currently have,

What exactly are you trying to say -
Stop talking garble!!

Forward passes are missed in a game all the time...

Offside from a kick are rarely missed by the bunker, Unless they don't have clear footage to overturn it.
I didn't see clear footage, On either stations telecast that Brooks was clearly offside...
- And neither did you.
You really don’t like differing opinions do you. I reckon brooks was offside. Thought I made that clear. Thankfully you and the bunker didn’t. Not sure why my opinion is garble because of it.

Is it time for the club to really take a stance against the NRL , because we are getting screwed every week, those two forward passes were blatant, blind Freddy could have picked them up , the club can not sit back and let this happen week in week out ,
It's just total bias against a struggling club and just gets brushed under the carpet

I don't know what the club can do

The NRL don't care

The real question that needs to shed though is of the touch judge

He needs to be sat down in front of a replay to explain to his boss and tigers officials as to why he should keep his job while watching the pass and explaining to everyone how he missed something so blatant

Put the idiot on the spot and embarrass him

Back