Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'm hearing that Ryan Carr who's interim at the Dragons is coming over as an assistant
I listened to him being interview by Allana Ferguson on 9 and he was impressive and articulate. If true, there is a lot to like about the staff being assembled for 2024 and beyond.

I should have written this initially but Marshall appears to be surrounding himself with the best assistants. That augers well for the future.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Ryan Carr who's interim at the Dragons is coming over as an assistant
Fingers crossed. A mate of mine has some links with the Dragons and apparently Carr is very well respected and popular amongst the playing group. The players really want to turn up and have a dig for him.

John Morris is certainly a step in the right direction. Carr would also improve our coaching setup for 2024 and beyond.

I'd have Paps and Olakau'atu on the edges, Bateman as Lock. Fainu will end up in the front row eventually but whilst he's young he plays well on the edge.

8. Klem
10. Stef
11. Paps
12. Olakau'atu
13. Bateman

14. Twal
15. Blore
16. Pole/Fainu/Matamua/Seyfarth
17. ?

Not a bad pack. Still need a strike centre though...

Could be the Kao Weeks chat that came up a few months back.
All makes reasonable sense but let’s not forget Bateman didn’t really fire in the lock position when tried there earlier in the year. I think it remains somewhat of an issue for us.
Without creating a firestorm could Sezer be possibly thought of in that role ( a la Hastings at 13).
Just a thought ?

All makes reasonable sense but let’s not forget Bateman didn’t really fire in the lock position when tried there earlier in the year. I think it remains somewhat of an issue for us.
Without creating a firestorm could Sezer be possibly thought of in that role ( a la Hastings at 13).
Just a thought ?

I wonder if Bateman would be more of a success at 13 if he wasn't made to play 80? Even Cam Murray doesn't play 80 minutes.

Back