Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We've had that many assistants that almost all of the experienced ones have already been at WT. Pretty sure Georgallis and Sandercock were here in the past.

I hope one of them can teach our team how to attack in the red zone.
Both were. I liked Sandercock, seemed a pretty sharp attacking coach from memory (although I think he was one of JT’s assistants so…..)

What’s the go with Pappali and Stefano. Is there any truth to the Eels rumours? The Rabbitohs house is literally burning down around them yet the media still focuses on us. Some of the agendas are pathetic

I would have preferred you post that after they had wiped the floor with us this coming weekend. I’m sure they’ll demonstrate that there is a team there then.
Long way for us to go before we can start throwing stones.
Got nothing to do with throwing stones; got nothing to do with the Tigers.

I just don't see an obvious out for the current Roosters trajectory - normally they have clear backups and are willing to tank for 1 year every 4 or 5 years, but this time around the cupboard is pretty bare.

For example fullback after Tedesco they invested in Suaalii, but he's gone; I am not clear who they preferentially play next. After Jake Friend retired they had Verrills, but let him go for Brandon Smith, and that's proving to be a mistake. Spencer Leniu is not a replacement for JWH. The halves have just fallen away - Keary is cooked, Cronk has obviously retired and Sam Walker is just too small. Hutchison is backup at best and the new guy Sandon Smith, I don't think is a long-term option. The other guys like Lachlan Lam they let go. I think they miss Isaac Liu. Connor Watson is always injured. Boyd Cordner has not been adequately replaced, though they have a lot of decent backrowers. Taukeiaho should not have been let go. Roosters always scratching around for another prop. The 2nd winger is always weak, guys like Ikavalu and Pauga, which is why they signed Dom Young, but Daniel Tupou is 32 so he's on his way out as Young comes in. They never seem to know how to best use Joey Manu; he's always playing second fiddle to potentially lesser footballers.

I dunno, they've gone 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and currently 10th. They've only won 1 finals match since 2019 and that was a 1-point win over Gold Coast in 2021.

I just don't see an obvious out for the current Roosters trajectory - normally they have clear backups and are willing to tank for 1 year every 4 or 5 years, but this time around the cupboard is pretty bare.

For example fullback after Tedesco they invested in Suaalii, but he's gone; I am not clear who they preferentially play next. After Jake Friend retired they had Verrills, but let him go for Brandon Smith, and that's proving to be a mistake. Spencer Leniu is not a replacement for JWH. The halves have just fallen away - Keary is cooked, Cronk has obviously retired and Sam Walker is just too small. Hutchison is backup at best and the new guy Sandon Smith, I don't think is a long-term option. The other guys like Lachlan Lam they let go. I think they miss Isaac Liu. Connor Watson is always injured. Boyd Cordner has not been adequately replaced, though they have a lot of decent backrowers. Taukeiaho should not have been let go. Roosters always scratching around for another prop. The 2nd winger is always weak, guys like Ikavalu and Pauga, which is why they signed Dom Young, but Daniel Tupou is 32 so he's on his way out as Young comes in. They never seem to know how to best use Joey Manu; he's always playing second fiddle to potentially lesser footballers.

I dunno, they've gone 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and currently 10th. They've only won 1 finals match since 2019 and that was a 1-point win over Gold Coast in 2021.
CORRECTi!!

Tedesco has ALWAYS BEEN A MYTH!!

He's NOT tough!

He's NOT smart!!

He's a spoilt brat!!

He's NOT a genuine leader's sphyncter!!

And he's a bit of a prick as a self-entitled human being....

SQUID GAMES

Last edited:

Yeah as I've mentioned elsewhere I think their era is over.

Got just a little coin on us finishing them off of Saturday.

CORRECTi!!

He's NOT tough!

He's NOT smart!!

He's a spoilt brat!!

SQUID GAMES
His biggest fail was that his not a Holy Cross Ryde boy huh.

His biggest fail was that his not a Holy Cross Ryde boy huh.
Why does everything for you always revert back to some anti magpies thing . That’s what you’re insinuating isn’t it ?
No his biggest fault was that he was a roosters fan his whole childhood and only ever saw the tigers as a stepping stone to somewhere else. He had to be convinced twice not to leave . He had signed with the raiders prior to the roosters on the previous negotiation. Robbie convinced him otherwise .
He seemed to always have one foot out the door .

CORRECTi!!

He's NOT tough!

He's NOT smart!!

He's a spoilt brat!!

SQUID GAMES

When an angry old man gets it right it's good to see.

Why does everything for you always revert back to some anti magpies thing . That’s what you’re insinuating isn’t it ?
No his biggest fault was that he was a roosters fan his whole childhood and only ever saw the tigers as a stepping stone to somewhere else. He had to be convinced twice not to leave . He had signed with the raiders prior to the roosters on the previous negotiation. Robbie convinced him otherwise .
He seemed to always have one foot out the door .
I think the main issue was he couldn’t see a premiership on the horizon with us, now, when he looks at his premiership rings, SOO appearances, NSW/Australian captaincy and WC win, he knows he made the right call,

I think the main issue was he couldn’t see a premiership on the horizon with us, now, when he looks at his premiership rings, SOO appearances, NSW/Australian captaincy and WC win, he knows he made the right call,

I completely disagree. I hate this attitude. He acted like a knob because he is a knob. People that view the world like that are losers and if anyone knows what a loser is it's me.

Members online

Back