Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

True,

But with visa delays he wasn't here in the off season.

He may a very useful rev up this off season.

And his edge defence is good.
Bateman is a great hole runner and we just weren't able to do it in most of our games this year. I would expect Fainu or Sullivan to get our backrowers into more gaps with their silky hands and Sezar to lessen their defensive workload if he gets them more repeat sets with a superior kicking game to our former half.

Agreed, however we need more aggression and impact which keppie brings. Souths we're happy enough
I haven't seen much aggression from Keppie.
Saw a lot of errors though.

This is a good result.

As for aggression,
Klem & Stef are def capable - hopefully they can deliver what is needed.

Also like to see Fonua become our Leinu, from the bench.

Also Seyfarth, he's a firey player.
Don't forget when he staunched Kikau.
& Bateman Iooks keen to stand up to anyone.

I haven't seen much aggression from Keppie.
Saw a lot of errors though.

This is a good result.

As for aggression,
Klem & Stef are def capable - hopefully they can deliver what is needed.

Also like to see Fonua become our Leinu, from the bench.

Also Seyfarth, he's a firey player.
Don't forget when he staunched Kikau.
& Bateman Iooks keen to stand up to anyone.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for last years squad to turn it around.

I’d be looking to extend Blore and Tupou ASAP.
I would definite be extending Galvin if it is correct that’s he’s off contract at the end of 2024.
Keep a close eye on the progression of Tristan Reilly with an eye on potentially extending him too.
Young Mansfield is a big mobile unit, so he’s another we should be keeping a close eye on how he develops in 2024.
Doueihi is the only other notable player off contract in 2024. Obviously it’s a wait and see how he returns from his 3rd ACL injury.

I would definite be extending Galvin if it is correct that’s he’s off contract at the end of 2024.
Keep a close eye on the progression of Tristan Reilly with an eye on potentially extending him too.
Young Mansfield is a big mobile unit, so he’s another we should be keeping a close eye on how he develops in 2024.
Doueihi is the only other notable player off contract in 2024. Obviously it’s a wait and see how he returns from his 3rd ACL injury.
Galvin's got a three-year Top 30 deal.

Off-contract end of 2026.

Just on keppie.

It was a benji call to prioritise twal over keppie.

Personally, I question the recruitment decisions as keppie brings aggression to the pack.

Apparently this review will result in benji getting more power. Also questionable, but will die on hos sword.

Fulton wanted to sign Schuster … thankfully Benji vetoed that one

I'd suggest the club always knew what they were doing. Likely scenario to me is:
Twal asks for extension. Club offers a contract at reduced value. Manager says that its not enough and if they can't increase he will be looking elsewhere. Club says if that's how you feel you're welcome to look. Looks elsewhere and can't get an improved offer. Takes offer that Tigers had put forth.
Does this mean that Twal becomes a 10 year vet in 3 years thus providing salary cap relief thereon?

He will shine in a team all doing there part put good half's inside him he will hit his potential I don't think he's getting a fair crack at tiger's was bought to play edge unfortunately he got injured and rightly they had to fill his spot but should of been a stop gap and let him have his shot witch personal opinion I don't think he did so if he does end up elsewhere I wish you all the best kid
Man that was a hard read

What a fly on the wall of Fulton's office is hopefully picking up on atm ...

1 - Working on extensions for Uto, Tupou & Blore
2 - Resigning Staines & Seyfarth
3 - Feelers out to other recruitment managers for interest in Jake Simpkin, AJ Kepaoa & Nofa
4 - Sussing out the managers of Xavier Willison, Josh Addo-Carr & Dane Gagai for potential releases from their clubs & Josh Curran (as a Blore contingency)
5 - Preparing Nov 1 offers for Jarome Luai, Taylan May & Kuli Finefauiaki from Cows (as a Blore contingency)
6 - Working out best option as a hooker utility if Simpkin departs between Karl Lawton, Cade Cust or a return for Nu Brown

I love Twaly, but this decision, on the back of the clubs decision to release him only 1 month back shows to me the club has no strategic thinking behind its recruiting. They make things up as they go along. I thought Fulton was supposed to be a recruitment guru....dumb, dumb dumb...
I think the decision to allow Twal to pursue other options was merely to prove his possible value in his next contract. Realised his ‘market’ value and accepted the reduced contract extension at the tigers. Fair approach to the matter by the club I would think

Just on keppie.

It was a benji call to prioritise twal over keppie.

Personally, I question the recruitment decisions as keppie brings aggression to the pack.

Apparently this review will result in benji getting more power. Also questionable, but will die on hos sword.
I think Twal is more valuable than Keppie.

Twal's YoY improvement has been a pleasure to watch, even bringing an offload into his game this season. His tackling percentage, metres per carry and post contact metres, AND his minutes are all higher than Keppie.

More importantly, he gives away less penalties as well.

There is aggression, and then there is controlled aggression. Keppie falls into the former.

He is a penalty merchant, and as one of the most penalised teams in the NRL last season, I think that is the last thing we need.

Twal is also rolling into his prime years as a prop. Stats don't tell the whole story but there is much more upside in retaining Twal on a team friendly deal, than bring Keppie in.

Great decision.

I think the decision to allow Twal to pursue other options was merely to prove his possible value in his next contract. Realised his ‘market’ value and accepted the reduced contract extension at the tigers. Fair approach to the matter by the club I would think
Hopefully other players take note and sign next time without testing the market knowing the Tigers will be offering fair market value as they have before.
Or am I just dreaming, like signing for loyalty?

Reactions: 851
Josh Addo-Carr will sit down with Bulldogs officials on Friday in a meeting that could have dramatic implications for the star winger's future.

Rumours are swirling throughout the game that 'The Foxx' wants out of Belmore after a dramatic week in which he was suspended from the Australian team and forced to apologise for a social media post concerning the crisis in the Middle East.

Addo-Carr and his management will meet with Bulldogs football boss Phil Gould to sort out where the tryscoring ace stands.

Sources close to Addo-Carr say he isn't happy with the level of support given to him after he was suspended for two matches after video emerged of him punching a man during the Koori Knockout.

The Bulldogs, for their part, are said to be unhappy with Addo-Carr's behaviour at the Knockout and his social media post on the Israel-Palestine conflict.

The star winger put a photo on Instagram of the Palestinian and Aboriginal flags with the caption "One struggle, one fight".

The following day he did a backflip - no doubt at the request of Bulldogs and NRL officials, stating he wanted to apologise "for any offence I have caused due to my recent social media post".

"As a proud First Nations man, I saw a message of support against displacement and land rights, and I shared this without full consideration to, or understanding of, the current events happening overseas," he added.

On the field, The Foxx has been a success in his two seasons at Canterbury after five years in Melbourne.

In a struggling side, he still managed to score 16 tries last year and 11 tries in 2023.

But he came to the club on big dollars and the Bulldogs would be able to use that money on players closer to the middle of the park if he left with two years remaining on his contract.

Several rival NRL clubs are certain to be interested in the speedy winger - if he cannot resolve his issues with the Bulldogs on Friday. (DT)
Bring him in , send Nofo to dogs with $ 50 k per year attached

I love Twaly, but this decision, on the back of the clubs decision to release him only 1 month back shows to me the club has no strategic thinking behind its recruiting. They make things up as they go along. I thought Fulton was supposed to be a recruitment guru....dumb, dumb dumb...
I feel they gave him a chance to see his worth , then offered up a new deal probably $ 100 k less per year but more years , makes sense he is great back up and you need them

Latest posts

Back