Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Nobody gets released these days and walks away with nothing, and obviously Sheens had a package including his gf and “Ronald”.
That plus junior investment the catalysts.
Maybe “Thirsty” Masters just stirring the pot, at someone’s request, before the AGM next week.

That was my initial thought also that he was providing covering fire for some inept mate who is on the board

Roy Masters is reporting in the SMH that the Wests Tigers finished the 2023 $1.4 million in the red.

Well done to everyone involved at the club....
When I glanced at the WA P&L for the previous year their contribution to WT was $1.7m. It looks like it’s heading in the right direction. Paying people not to work in your organisation seems to be a thing these days?

He said this to me at Concord at the end of his last season with us.

Quite a lot of time has passed, not sure if it would mean much now, but who knows.
Things change. Since then, he’s won premierships, become a rep player and made a ton of money. He’s had the chance to come back and didn’t. And that’s fine, but holding on to this “but he loves the club” became a waste of time years ago. Easy to forget that he was here in 2016. Almost a decade ago.

There was a time when people used to say that JAC loves the Tigers - pretty sure when he left it was said he had the desire to return one day.

Haven't really seen that, especially since we missed out on him when he signed with the Dogs.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. We would need to give him a decent centre though.
I thought about this...

I'm not sure I could hear "yeah nah brah" every week. From all reports he's a really annoying teammate.

The fox is not one I would like back here , but my son painted a different picture after spending some time with at at a UCL fight and latter at the after party , he told me the fox was great to be out with and they had a great time , so maybe he could be good for us

Reactions: 851
JAC would be a massive upgrade...but we are not even in the market.

Nofa and Tupou are both shockingly low IQ wingers. Both also slow. Both poor defensively.

Yet we have not prioritised a winger or center for ages.

Staines is our back winger by a mile and he looks set to be left without a deal.

At this stage we should have told Nofaluma "state cup or UK, you decide" and be out looking for a winger with speed.

Lee loves him though, so no one has the courage to make the call.

What have you heard? Where are the reports?
See a lot of team mates always showing support to him on IG.

See him spending a lot of time with team mates.

I could be wrong, everyone might hate him.... but it's definitely not the impression I get.

Reactions: Moh
JAC would be a massive upgrade...but we are not even in the market.

Nofa and Tupou are both shockingly low IQ wingers. Both also slow. Both poor defensively.

Yet we have not prioritised a winger or center for ages.

Staines is our back winger by a mile and he looks set to be left without a deal.

At this stage we should have told Nofaluma "state cup or UK, you decide" and be out looking for a winger with speed.

Lee loves him though, so no one has the courage to make the call.
We are in the market....

Race for Addo-Carr takes twist as FOUR clubs now hunt Dogs flyer after shock player swap reveal​

The saga surrounding Josh Addo-Carr’s future at the Bulldogs has taken a twist with reports three more clubs have joined the race for his signature.

On Wednesday it emerged the Parramatta Eels were considering making a play for Addo-Carr with Ryan Matterson to be offered up as part of a player swap deal.

Now, according to reports, the Knights, Tigers and Dragons are also interested should the NSW and Australian representative be made available for an early release.

The Knights are looking for a replacement for strike outside back Dominic Young who has joined the Roosters.

Addo-Carr is contracted with the Bulldogs until the end of 2025, however in recent weeks has fallen offside with the club due to his involvement in an ugly brawl at the Kori Knockout tournament earlier this month.

That incident resulted in the winger copping a two-game ban, meaning he missed out on selection for the Kangaroos side in the Pacific Championships.

Bulldogs General Manager of Football Phil Gould has reportedly assured Addo-Carr he is wanted at the club, but it is believed not all Bulldogs powerbrokers share that opinion.

While Parramatta reportedly floated the potential for Matterson to join the Bulldogs, that swap is unlikely to become a reality.

Canterbury-Bankstown powerbrokers are reportedly seeking the signature of a front row forward, not a back rower after securing the signature of Josh Curran from the Warriors.

Elsewhere, the Bulldogs have reportedly previously reached out to the Knights regarding the availability of the Saifiti brothers.

However Newcastle bosses reportedly made it clear neither Daniel or Jacob will be made available for any swap deals.

Reeling from their disappointing 2023 campaign, the Eels will be out to improve their side in whatever way necessary and have highlighted their outside backs.

Addo-Carr would be a huge boost for an Eels backline who struggled to make a mark in 2023, with Brad Arthur looking to add speed to his backline.

Parramatta have signed Sea Eagles centre Morgan Harper for the 2024 season but are still looking to bolster their outside backs.

Reactions: 851
See a lot of team mates always showing support to him on IG.

See him spending a lot of time with team mates.

I could be wrong, everyone might hate him.... but it's definitely not the impression I get.
Yeah, cos nothing is more genuine than how people interact with each other on social media.

Back