Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Via SEN

CDN media

Reactions: 851
Thank god your not in charge signing Curran does nothing but block the pathway of players like Blore, Miller, Laulilii, Fa’agutu, Matamua
Why when he’s always played on an edge and most of the players you have mentioned are middle forwards.

2 years @$850k a season compared to 4 years @ $1.4 mil a season. Guy would be an idiot to stay there.
He has not been offered $1.4. It’s around $1.1. That’s why he has only been offered 2 years at Penrith. He will stay at panthers, win 1 or 2 more premiership’s they sign a 4 year deal somewhere at $1.3 or $1.4 and not lose any money

Lee isn’t going to sign players that Benji don’t want.
Any top 30 signings will need to be ones Benji wants at the price he wants and providing they can fit into our top 30.

We have no spots available right now. It'll be interesting if they sign anyone and if so who they release.

Reactions: 851
Luai signing with a management team doesn't necessarily mean he wants to leave. He's just trying to make the most of his "brand". Contract negotiation comes into the deal once every 3 or 4 years. It's the ongoing value that a good agent can add that sets a player up. Luai would be looking to cash in on his popularity with his fanbase, his Samoan heritage, his singing.... life after footy. He's a personable sort of bloke and if he finishes his career with 4 or 5 premierships, a few SOO and international appearances, he'd have a few things lined up once he's done. A legacy is a valuable thing, I don't think he'll leave Penrith.
And with a 2year deal at Penrith he won’t actually lose any money over a larger 4year deal. In 2 years he will earn more than he is getting now

We have no spots available right now. It'll be interesting if they sign anyone and if so who they release.
Without assuming to know what’s going on, it can be near certain there is plenty of discussion on what will be the best possible make up of our top 30 before the 2024 season kicks off.
I can only imagine the ridiculous demands and price tags some players and their managers are putting on them.
If something can be learned from past failings, it should be to be very careful when considering paying above what we believe to be a fair & reasonable price for any player we are looking to sign or re-sign.
Fan and media pressure almost forces a club such as Wests Tigers to overpay sone players as the external pressure is building for us to sign a marquee player.
Also the rumoured 700k price tag for Bula is far too much if true, but what option did the club have if that’s what he and his Manager were demanding ? If they lost him ti a rival club, the criticism would have went through the roof,

We should do whatever it takes to chase JAC. Maybe he has an attitude problem, but he's a player that transforms our backline, and we desperately need players who can score tries to go with our shiny new spine. Right now our team severely lacks X-factor, and he brings it.

Personally I'd hate to see the back of Blore, but I wonder if there was someone else we could swap for JAC. I'd say Twal or Seyfarth if they didn't just re-sign...
The Bulldogs met with Twal before he re-signed so there’s interest there on their side .

"Alot cheaper than $1m"? Don't know if I believe that.
Halves are a premium, and SOO halves are even worse. Not saying that he's all that and a bag of chips but the kid can play, and if the Dragons want him they will need to front up the cash just like us.
Prior to us signing any of our halves, I said we should be in the race for him.
I think the Cows will do whatever they can to keep him but as @tigerballs said their cap is a problem. I can see him moving, and it won't be for much less than $1m a year...

Halves are a premium, and SOO halves are even worse. Not saying that he's all that and a bag of chips but the kid can play, and if the Dragons want him they will need to front up the cash just like us.
I think the Cows will do whatever they can to keep him but as @tigerballs said their cap is a problem. I can see him moving, and it won't be for much less than $1m a year...
The only thing cheap about rugby league these days is the journalism

They get the grubs out of the gutter

Especially factoring in the cost of living in Sydney compared to Townsville

Would be interested to know how players feel playing under Flanagan.

They don't seem like a desirable club.

Our recruitment drive is stuck in the mud till we can move a few players on and that is not an easy task. Most clubs have either cap problems or have filled their roster. Also the players we want to move are not hot property. Our current top thirty are not going to make much if any progress up the ladder in 24

There was a time when people used to say that JAC loves the Tigers - pretty sure when he left it was said he had the desire to return one day.

Haven't really seen that, especially since we missed out on him when he signed with the Dogs.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. We would need to give him a decent centre though.

Latest posts

Back