@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505620) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505603) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505602) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505525) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505519) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505515) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505513) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505511) said:
Reported in the Telecrap today that Oliver Gildart was spotted in Cronulla for a catch up and a feed of fish and chips with Luke Thompson may be WT'S are still a chance of snaring Thompson??????

Mate having a snack with a mate.
Gildart wouldn’t know hardly anyone here.
Doubt Gildart has any pulling player to make the Bulldogs allow Thompson to join us.

You never know

I reckon at this stage it could just be mates catching up but if we do manage to sign Hodgson and with Gildart already here it could become a factor for him there are no pommies in the Bulldogs team besides Thompson as far as I know but if we do get Hodgson we all know it pushes more Liddle out rather than Simpkin as he’s the clubs next long term Hooker he’s just not there yet but he’s getting there so we’ll see what happens but I would offer Liddle for Thompson easily as the Dogs do need a Hooker

The club would be ill advised to trade either of our hookers for a busted 32 year old with no knees

Either way the club sees Simpkin as its next long term Hooker even if they don’t get Hodgson and keep Liddle until his contract is up I doubt he’ll be kept unless he’s happy with just being depth either way Liddle will be gone eventually the question is just when

Liddle and Simpkin were on par in 2021. Anything can happen in 2 years.

No they weren't. Liddle was streets ahead of Simpkin.

I'm continually confused by how people think this. Is it because he made some good runs and grabbed some tries?

I want my dummy half providing good service to his team mates first and foremost and Liddle was terrible in that regard. Struggled defensively also

I agree that Simpkin and Liddle were about on par this season but if you choose to invest in one the obvious choice is Simpkin. Happy to keep both and see how they go, Hodgson would be good for them

@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505620) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505603) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505602) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505525) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505519) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505515) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505513) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505511) said:
Reported in the Telecrap today that Oliver Gildart was spotted in Cronulla for a catch up and a feed of fish and chips with Luke Thompson may be WT'S are still a chance of snaring Thompson??????

Mate having a snack with a mate.
Gildart wouldn’t know hardly anyone here.
Doubt Gildart has any pulling player to make the Bulldogs allow Thompson to join us.

You never know

I reckon at this stage it could just be mates catching up but if we do manage to sign Hodgson and with Gildart already here it could become a factor for him there are no pommies in the Bulldogs team besides Thompson as far as I know but if we do get Hodgson we all know it pushes more Liddle out rather than Simpkin as he’s the clubs next long term Hooker he’s just not there yet but he’s getting there so we’ll see what happens but I would offer Liddle for Thompson easily as the Dogs do need a Hooker

The club would be ill advised to trade either of our hookers for a busted 32 year old with no knees

Either way the club sees Simpkin as its next long term Hooker even if they don’t get Hodgson and keep Liddle until his contract is up I doubt he’ll be kept unless he’s happy with just being depth either way Liddle will be gone eventually the question is just when

Liddle and Simpkin were on par in 2021. Anything can happen in 2 years.

No they weren't. Liddle was streets ahead of Simpkin.

I wouldnt say streets ahead mate

Im continually confused how people believe that Simpkins' performance was better than Liddles this year. Liddle may not have been great but Simpkin was way out of his depth.

@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505665) said:
Im continually confused how people believe that Simpkins' performance was better than Liddles this year. Liddle may not have been great but Simpkin was way out of his depth.

Its just, Liddle lacks in the main fundamental of a hooker, passing. Its atrocious. So the frustration over the season builds up, otherwise I don't see much of an issue in his game, but this one issue, is pretty damning.

Cust off to Wigan

Would you have taken Cust over Hastings

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/tough-sea-eagles-half-granted-release-to-join-new-club/ar-AAQDNNS?ocid=ientp

@happy_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505676) said:
Cust off to Wigan

Would you have taken Cust over Hastings

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/tough-sea-eagles-half-granted-release-to-join-new-club/ar-AAQDNNS?ocid=ientp

No disrespect to Cust but if we did sign him he would have just been depth he and Brooks would have been a disaster or whoever he partnered with I’m glad we got Hastings instead

@sparci said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505669) said:

Its just, Liddle lacks in the main fundamental of a hooker, passing. Its atrocious. So the frustration over the season builds up, otherwise I don't see much of an issue in his game, but this one issue, is pretty damning.

Didn’t Luciano Leilua got into a push and shove with Liddle last offseason because of his service from dummy half?

There's no issue in his game besides being a dummy half is what you're saying ? his passing was terrible this year. Hopefully he fixes it up

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505678) said:

Didn’t Luciano Leilua got into a push and shove with Liddle last offseason because of his service from dummy half?

Correct, seemingly it was justified

This is what we have come down to ...arguing over Liddle and Simpkins

Nup ...if you listen to some the club is fine ...nothing to see here .....lol

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505680) said:

And there were games that Liddle’s service from dummy half was horrible he can run but his passing is average while Simpkin at this stage can pass the ball better but not as effective at running yet but honestly if I had to pick one of them two I’m going with Simpkin

Rather than trying to assign points to players I think it would be pretty easy to fix the cap:

all contracts public
hard cap on TPAs (eg $2m)
better system of cap relief for juniors/veterans

With regards to the above suggestions. I massively agree with better system of rewarding clubs for developing and retaining players. However, whilst I agree about making contracts public like the US sports the Players Association have said publicly that they'll never allow it as they will claim it breaches privacy, just like capping TPD's will be disputed as restriction of trade

Yep, and the fact Jacob couldn't take criticism

They both were

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505685) said:
Rather than trying to assign points to players I think it would be pretty easy to fix the cap:

all contracts public
hard cap on TPAs (eg $2m)
better system of cap relief for juniors/veterans

With regards to the above suggestions. I massively agree with better system of rewarding clubs for developing and retaining players. However, whilst I agree about making contracts public like the US sports the Players Association have said publicly that they'll never allow it as they will claim it breaches privacy, just like capping TPD's will be disputed as restriction of trade

I don't believe in restricting TPAs

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505682) said:

And there were games that Liddle’s service from dummy half was horrible he can run but his passing is average while Simpkin at this stage can pass the ball better but not as effective at running yet but honestly if I had to pick one of them two I’m going with Simpkin

Liddle has no kicking game either which is really important from 9 these days

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505693) said:
@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505682) said:

Liddle has no kicking game either which is really important from 9 these days

A lot of 9 don't have decent kicking games

Go through all the 9 at NRL clubs ..many can't kick

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/other/dragons-young-gun-revealed-as-dolphins-first-playmaker-target/ar-AAQE8VZ?ocid=ientp

Sheens second week in Australia starts tomorrow. Will there be news this week? At least an upgrade to Stef or laurie would b a start

@loklok said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505701) said:
Sheens second week in Australia starts tomorrow. Will there be news this week? At least an upgrade to Stef or laurie would b a start

Hodgson will get sorted one way or another early next week.

Latest posts

Members online

Back