Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Don’t think many clubs will be in a rush to sign an anti-vaxxer. Can’t believe it hasn’t been mandated by the NRL.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516557) said:
Don’t think many clubs will be in a rush to sign an anti-vaxxer. Can’t believe it hasn’t been mandated by the NRL.

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516558) said:

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop **I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer**

I will be.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516559) said:

Most of the NRL players have been vaccinated it was announced the other day that the number of unvaccinated players is now a single digit but whatever the reason it is for them to choose to remain unvaccinated cannot judge them for it but as we know there are consequences of doing so and in this case for NAS he’s most likely out of Melbourne since they have made it mandatory and given that Stef needs a partner for a Prop **I won’t be surprised if we do make him an offer**

I will be.

Most clubs will be crazy to turn down a 6’7 hard running Prop if they choose not to pursue because of his vaccination status that’s their choice and can respect that but doesn’t change the fact he can play and I think we might have a look after all we did sign Api who people are still pissed with because of what happened in Origin camp

I will be.

why? if he plays 19 games for us its worth the money. minimal risk as he's pretty good

@the_third said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516561) said:

I will be.

why? if he plays 19 games for us its worth the money. minimal risk as he's pretty good

I agree....we pay for Api, and he makes origin we lose him for 3 games....

They don't have the nuts to mandate it because they know there are 100s of players who could easily go to Union. AFL don't have that issue with a similar code.

I’m all for making a play for NAS if it’s an option. He’d be a great pick up and the landscape will change as the year progresses. As has been pointed out 19 out of 24 games are in Sydney/NSW well worth it.

I will be.

And don't forget that if there are no disruptions to where games are scheduled to be played this season, we also get the benefit of him playing for us in the Finals games right through to the Grand Final.

@ozluke said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516562) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

@barnzee said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516567) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

If Cook is available and in good form than yeah probably not but if he’s not available and neither Api who plays then?

@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516563) said:

They don't have the nuts to mandate it because they know there are 100s of players who could easily go to Union. AFL don't have that issue with a similar code.

I didn’t even think about that but yeah you have a good point

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516568) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

If Cook is available and in good form than yeah probably not but if he’s not available and neither Api who plays then?

Freddie won't pick him in 2022 anyway after Api let him down

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516577) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

Depends how the series is going at that point Cook if fit should be retaining being NSW Hooker but if he wasn’t available and he decides not to go with Api than I don’t know who he would pick

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516577) said:

I will be.

He wont make origin

How about any rep player.it doesn’t have to be Api he’s just an example.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516564) said:
I’m all for making a play for NAS if it’s an option. He’d be a great pick up and the landscape will change as the year progresses. As has been pointed out 19 out of 24 games are in Sydney/NSW well worth it.

and as others said if he was an origin player we would lose him for 2 games anyway (less the bye)

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516586) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516564) said:

and as others said if he was an origin player we would lose him for 2 games anyway (less the bye)

I’m not overly worried about the away games in other States. It more how an anti Vaxer will potentially disrupt the squad. He’s a very good player. With a lesser player, you wouldn’t risk team harmony and dealing with the baggage that comes with his stance.

Could Nas train with the squad in N.S.W though? If they can't be in construction their then how can they train with their teammates?

@seant said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516606) said:
Could Nas train with the squad in N.S.W though? If they can't be in construction their then how can they train with their teammates?

He would be allowed to train with his teammates at the clubs headquarters on the field that I do know

@glenji95 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516612) said:
@seant said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1516606) said:

He would be allowed to train with his teammates at the clubs headquarters on the field that I do know

And under current rules if there were any cases of COVID at the club, like there has been just now, NAS would need to isolate for 2 weeks when everyone else would not, and he would not be able to fulfil his club community commitments because they would not let him into hospitals or schools.

Far too much drama and not worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back