Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@tigerfan13 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519270) said:
Sad thing for the club was Jordan didn’t want to leave his beloved club, but when Fita Hala cancels meetings and doesn’t get back in contact to arrange another meeting there’s not much a player can do. I know his manager contacted the club and never even got a call or email back.
Tigers loss is certainly Mackay Cutters gain, they’ve got a loyal and talented kid heading their way

Are you family, by any chance?

@tigerwest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519272) said:
Sad thing for the club was Jordan didn’t want to leave his beloved club, but when Fita Hala cancels meetings and doesn’t get back in contact to arrange another meeting there’s not much a player can do. I know his manager contacted the club and never even got a call or email back.
Tigers loss is certainly Mackay Cutters gain, they’ve got a loyal and talented kid heading their way

Are you family, by any chance?

Very close to the family.
Went to school with his mum and we are great mates

Has fafita hala left Tigers?

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519280) said:

He should....

Has the ultimate dream job and can't even do the basics.

Always been clear Hill has a future but he dropped the ball on that one.

@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519285) said:

He should....

I'd say if the club wanted to resign him and Hal stuffed up he would be sacked. If he is still employed by the club maybe he has done his job. Easier for family to blame the club than admit the truth...

Edit: should add there is a reason meetings are cancelled and not rebooked. Its because the player is not wanted. The manager and player were probably told... may not tell the family though....

He should....

Hill still has a long way to go see what happens.

Pretty sure fafita got sack with his mate fartigan

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519287) said:

He should....

Good.

?

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519287) said:

He should....

Hopefully. Get rid of all the rats

@kiwitiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519286) said:

He should....

I'd say if the club wanted to resign him and Hal stuffed up he would be sacked. If he is still employed by the club maybe he has done his job. Easier for family to blame the club than admit the truth...

Edit: should add there is a reason meetings are cancelled and not rebooked. Its because the player is not wanted. The manager and player were probably told... may not tell the family though....

spot on if he wanted to be signed Sheens would have instructed it to happen
good luck to Hill but better prospects around the corner I would think

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519328) said:

He should....

As a junior trying to rise through the ranks it’s quite often effort is needed by the player not only on field but in liaising with people across the club think they call it networking. You can’t just wait for things to happen as you can get lost in the pile because you aren’t in their minds.
Not saying this is directly attributed to hill but have seen others affected this way.
Best of luck to the young man

@red88_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519330) said:

He should....

As a junior trying to rise through the ranks it’s quite often effort is needed by the player not only on field but in liaising with people across the club think they call it networking. You can’t just wait for things to happen as you can get lost in the pile because you aren’t in their minds.
Not saying this is directly attributed to hill but have seen others affected this way.
Best of luck to the young man

I agree and it's true of all professions.

He should....

Pretty sure he was gone before Sheens arrived.

If the club didn’t want him then that should have been communicated. Part of running a professional business is delivering bad news as well as good news.

@bones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519332) said:

He should....

If the club didn’t want him then that should have been communicated. Part of running a professional business is delivering bad news as well as good news.

100%

Seems like they did want to keep him, hence the two failed roosters appointees (Hala and Hartigan) arranging the meetings but failing to follow through.

Says more about them than the kid who had big wraps, tried hard and wanted to stay but had to take an offer from another club because those two couldn't do their job.

No wonder they got sacked.

He should....

Thought it was said on here that the club gave him a base offer. Might have been willow but not sure. Could of been another player
But if they did it was communicated through that offer.

@red88_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519337) said:

He should....

Thought it was said on here that the club gave him a base offer. Might have been willow but not sure. Could of been another player

IIRC Willow shared similar news to @tigerfan13. He also mentioned something about Jordan's family waiting to hear back from the club about lining up either potential work or study opportunities, as the only concern (from family) was creating/establishing a career outside of footy for him.

@lauren said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519341) said:

He should....

IIRC Willow shared similar news to @tigerfan13. He also mentioned something about Jordan's family waiting to hear back from the club about lining up either potential work or study opportunities, as the only concern (from family) was creating/establishing a career outside of footy for him.

Imo work and study is in his own court. The biggest problem is he probably doesn’t know what he wants to do. Got to put yourself out there and look. I have a 16yr old who just wants it all to fall into his lap. I can get him a better job than the one he dislikes but I’m not because he needs to learn to approach people himself. He has started to come around (hard for an invert) but a lesson that he needs to learn.

@red88_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519343) said:
@lauren said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519341) said:

He should....

Imo work and study is in his own court. The biggest problem is he probably doesn’t know what he wants to do. Got to put yourself out there and look. I have a 16yr old who just wants it all to fall into his lap. I can get him a better job than the one he dislikes but I’m not because he needs to learn to approach people himself. He has started to come around (hard for an invert) but a lesson that he needs to learn.

Sorry probably misspoke on the actual details surrounding the concerns, but it sounded more like they just wanted to know that he was being looked after (by the club) or assisted/supported in this area, given his age. It's on here somewhere.

@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519333) said:

He should....

100%

Seems like they did want to keep him, hence the two failed roosters appointees (Hala and Hartigan) arranging the meetings but failing to follow through.

Says more about them than the kid who had big wraps, tried hard and wanted to stay but had to take an offer from another club because those two couldn't do their job.

Must be something more to it mate, He's gone to Mackay (or somewhere) hasn't he? He's a young kid, If he was rated anywhere - He wouldn't have had to go that far to get a gig I wouldn't have thought....
Parra, Easts or Manly would have been all over him.

@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519358) said:

He should....

100%

Must be something more to it mate, He's gone to Mackay (or somewhere) hasn't he? He's a young kid, If he was rated anywhere - He wouldn't have had to go that far to get a gig I wouldn't have thought....

Always more to it....

Unaware of any wing prospects we have coming through tho, other than Scolari.. and formerly, Hill.

Seems a bit strange to me but not surprising as we've lost many good ones over the years.

@demps said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519359) said:
@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1519358) said:

He should....

100%

Always more to it....

Unaware of any wing prospects we have coming through tho, other than Scolari.. and formerly, Hill.

Seems a bit strange to me but not surprising as we've lost many good ones over the years.

Probably got something to do with the right side cap sponge we have that writes his own contracts.

Back