Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just watching the Broncos touch up Manly (put a smile on my face) and I think our first focus is getting the forward pack right... We have some great players in the halves but without them creating room they are limited.. The games v Eel & Souths our forwards were outstanding and even though we have a lot out injured we competed and won.. Imagine we had a full team available with Hastings running the show..
IMO we need to get Angus C over the line and another big name forward..
We need our spies out Tomorrow in Brisbane to see if this meeting is actually happening..

Sheen's did not panic he just wanted to complete with the bigger clubs and try to win the title and knew he could not compete with the TPA's he rolled the dice and should have won in 2010 and could have in 2011 good on him for having the stones to do it

And don't blame him for 2014 onwards because alot of contacts was renewed under Potter and the board went over Potters head head to sign massive contacts the only contact Sheen's had left over was Lawrence's contact and that went bad because he could not reclaim his form

Isn't "rolling the dice" a form of panicking? Rolling the dice literally means to gamble on an outcome, and strictly speaking that is a 1/6 chance (i.e. low outcome). I've never heard of someone rolling the dice in a calm, measured, self-assured fashion.

It is my opinion that Sheens saw the writing on the wall after his long tenure - that despite some real success, Tigers had only made the finals 3 times, and after the premiership, the club (the board) became aggressive about maintaining regular success.

I think that after failing to win a comp in 2010-2011 (and I would agree there is a consensus even amongst non-Tigers fans that Tigers probably should have won another comp) that Sheens panicked.

Why do I think he panicked?
  • He aggressively moved to break up what became called "the boys club", though that playing group had made Tigers a short-lived strong premiership threat
  • He fatally agreed to transfer Andrew Fifita in order for Sharks to take on Bryce Gibbs, and Fifita quickly became one of the competition's premier players
  • He invested heavily in Adam Blair, hoping that a big-name Melbourne recruit would take the Tigers to another level, and failed to understand the pitfalls of attempting to transfer Storm players out of their system
Obviously in hindsight these things are easy to say when the outcomes are known, but I believe these points speak to a rapid and specific change in tactics, to try and save his coaching career. I call that panicking, but semantics aside, it was a rapid departure for Sheens.

Sheens is old and wily enough to know that the board would not tolerate Tigers failing to remain competitive in 2012. Otherwise, Sheens could have kept doing what he had been doing the past decade and Tigers would have continued to still be a periodic finals contender (about 50% of the time).

BTW not blaming Sheens for anything beyond 2012.
Anyhow the proof is in the pudding, is it not? Sheens gambled, Tigers crashed spectacularly in 2012 and Sheens was sacked. These are not the outcomes of a calm, measured coach who is building long-term plans, it is an outcome for someone who can smell the winds of change.
Wow I love the response is your star sign Scorpio ? He was shown the door because he had two white Ant's in Marshall and Farrah

Sheens just got a new contract at the end of 2011 Penrith came chasing and if the board had not hit the panic button the Tiger's would be in a much better position today

Just watching the Broncos touch up Manly (put a smile on my face) and I think our first focus is getting the forward pack right... We have some great players in the halves but without them creating room they are limited.. The games v Eel & Souths our forwards were outstanding and even though we have a lot out injured we competed and won.. Imagine we had a full team available with Hastings running the show..
We need our spies out Tomorrow in Brisbane to see if this meeting is actually happening..
Heard the drone will be hovering about

Madge: So Angus we are prepared to offer you 750k per year, 3 year contract to come over

Angus: What about the free apartments or cars like I’m getting now

Madge: No mate we don’t have any of them kind of perks to throw your way

Angus: Sorry Madge I gotta go think I left the oven on

Walsh hit the ground running but has been pretty ordinary this year.
The thing is Bones, with young players like Walsh who play really well is that they command more attention from the opposition and get shut down.
Teams know who's a threat and formulate ways to limit their influence.
Classic example is how well Hastings is playing.
In the first few rounds he's been terrific and the keystone of our team.
Now he is being forced to pass to crowded support players [just one observation].
The upside of this are players like Brooks and Simpkinsa are afforded less scrutiny.
So back to you observation on Walsh, he'll come good when he becomes more experienced. He's a talented footballer alright.

Reactions: BZN
I think it's funny, Nathan Cleary took the big dollars contract and Panthers are hoping the rest of the squad sign on for the bear minimum, some players are silly some players are smart, cash in while you can, mckinnon ( knights ) and simon o'dwyer fine example
Cleary's Roosters influence. He has a record in screwing others over.

Good back rowers are important but I think having powerful middles with a high work rate is even more important.

Musgrove and Tamou playing well has made a huge difference to our side. I also think if you take Paulo and RCG out of Parra they are barely a top 8 side.

Stefano has that, but I think we need another for next year with Tamou either gone or likely slowing down.

Forwards lay the platform for the rest of the team they get you on the front foot your on your way to a W. People like Angus, Papalii, Api take us to the next level
Api will be a huge help to our forwards next year his deception around the ruck is second to nun he gets his forwards on the front foot so well so keen to see him in a tigers jersey

Api will be a huge help to our forwards next year his deception around the ruck is second to nun he gets his forwards on the front foot so well so keen to see him in a tigers jersey
That nun is very tricky. Must be the cornette on her headpiece that makes her deceptive because other than that she's honest as :)

How would they be worse?
Are you saying our current half is worth 900 odd?
Is that good business bra?
Do you know for a fact that is his contract value?

Please list who "they" are as this pool of NRL quality halves available to "replace" Brooks is referred to ad nauseum by the Brooks' posse. How much will it cost to attract one of them to WTs in competition with other clubs?

Latest posts

Back