Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We're in bad shape when most discussions are about which of our players suck the least.

Last week with the forum down I actually found it a bit more relaxing haha.

Time will be the only judge of who makes it out of our current spine. Any correlation between that outcome and your views is a coincidence.

I'm pretty sure people in the club read the forum, including players. My message to them is to ignore all of us as much as possible and focus on performing better every week.

Everyone seems to forget - The club hasn't had a halfback, Since 2007....
Bar Mat Head (For 8 Games) - He tried to run the show, Like halfbacks do - And fell out of favour with the boys club.

They tried to build one (Hang onto one) in Brooks, Weather it worked - Or they persisted with him for too long could be argued.
He's a quality player, That has been almost killed to death by this club (And it's fans) He's been asked to do a job - And gone out every week and done his best to do it...
Despite the absolute rubbish squads he's been surrounded by.

He's been hung out here for a long time - And I'm wondering who we were ever going to replace him with that would be better....
No one.

He's done the hard yards, We're on the up and he's earned a shot to at least be here for it.
He's been replaced mate.
Jackson is the half back now.

It's done, let it go...

He's keeping Adams 6 jersey warm whilst he's out.

Just a matter of time.

I understand use are all passionate about the club and it’s players I just don’t get how you can talk about it for so long with out getting bored I carnt even read it all just sift through for rumours haha
I didn't need my post haha

Reactions: BZN
Daresay his next club will say the same....

Guy is the epitome of an average player but he's been gifted a lengthy career- filled with mediocrity.

Framed debut jersey in the pool room with no other accolades.

He should consider spending the remaining years in England or France, experiencing the world... because any ambitions here in Australia are limited to the point of impossible.
Geez that's harsh.... but a bit funny!

So if we've lost 17yo prop Jordan Miller to the Dolphins for $150k/year for 3 years, does anyone with links in with our underage players or player managers know what we pay our Jersey Flegg / Development / Pathway players?

If the way forward for our Club is via junior development, we need to have an attractive package for junior players to stay (financial + opportunity + facilities & services + coaching + culture). Yes we will lose some players & I'm sure Sheens/Betsey/Kimmorley are working hard on this but it would be good not to lose any of our best juniors. Call me selfish!

It’s a big if at this stage. First time poster who got his name wrong. If it’s true it’s disappointing but it’s big money for a guy who’s highest football level is Harold Matts.

Two promising juniors in Lochie Galvin and Ontini Large have apparently returned to us after being lured by the Eels and Roosters respectively. I think Lochie in Harold Matthews for Wests this year.
Do you know the young fullback playing for Wanderers u18'S. Corey someone?

Can we do that and retain all the players coming off contract?
When you take into account that even if we retain Brooks after Next season then market value for a proper second fiddle 5/8 we'd save $500k-600k per year in salary

Is Mitchell playing at all? JAC has been a failure outside the Storm.
JAC is one of the only doggies players that seems to be having a crack.

He knew where he was signing up for.

He's a winger and he's doing his job at the dogs and actually goes looking for work.

He's not the problem at the dogs.

Back