Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Thoughts on offering Liddle up as a bit of trade bait to the Broncos to release Haas? Obviously it’s not a like-for-like trade and it’d only work if the relationship is untenable between the Broncos and Haas but it offers them a player in an area of need and helps get him off our books.
I would go even further, let them choose" Simpkin or Liddle,
we will still have Korosau, Brown, Simpkin or Liddle

No disrespect to Trent Robinson, but anyone can coach the rooster's with that roster and at least make the 8 every year, the biggest stress for the rooster's every single year is how to move on their player's to fit another marquee player, seriously put Robinson at bulldog's or a bottom 4 club???

No disrespect to Trent Robinson, but anyone can coach the rooster's with that roster and at least make the 8 every year, the biggest stress for the rooster's every single year is how to move on their player's to fit another marquee player, seriously put Robinson at bulldog's or a bottom 4 club???

We have seen that in the past and currently are seeing evidences that a coach is only one small part of a complex of quality parts that is required for sustainable success of a team.

The way the Cowboys are performing at the moment you would be excused to think that they are being coached by a kind of, T.Robinson, C.Bellamy or W.Bennett,
But they are coached by a rookie coach, T.Payten.

And congratulations to him, who is one of the WT G.Final Hero's.

Thoughts on offering Liddle up as a bit of trade bait to the Broncos to release Haas?

Offer up a guy who has been told he can leave for a long time and who doesn't have anyone after him as a trade bait for a player that every club would want on their books ?

Sounds like it'll work.

Aren’t we hanging onto Simpkin in the hope that he will be better than Liddle? Didn’t we get Api knowing that he is better than Liddle?
I agree, but if the goal is to get Haas, we may need to adapt.
As one can compare:
1)Haas, Korosau, Utoikamanu , 14 Liddle/Brown
2)Tamou/Twal, Korosau, Utoikamanu 14 Simpkin/Brown

I like the option 1) more.

It's outside the realm of possibility

Trades happen extremely rarely. Liddle can go and we will probably chuck money in if it helps him out. No one wants him.

It's bizarre how people think we can somehow trade Liddle and get some value out of the trade.

I would go even further, let them choose" Simpkin or Liddle,
we will still have Korosau, Brown, Simpkin or Liddle
None of those options would be acceptable for Haas. You'd have to give up one of our top 3 or 4 players as a trade. Think Hastings, Papali'i, or Stefano. None of which I'd want to give up for a player who looks like he'll bail the minute things don't go his way.

Trades happen extremely rarely. Liddle can go and we will probably chuck money in if it helps him out. No one wants him.

It's bizarre how people think we can somehow trade Liddle and get some value out of the trade.

No shot at Jake,
But anyone in the world that thinks we're trading him for Payne Haas (In any currency or negotiation) is a madman.

Though history has shown that clubs ultimately lose out in these situations where they’re forced into a corner by players (I.e. Haas) and end up having to release them for “player welfare” reasons. This scenario isn’t a true trade in the sense of we come out of it a lot better than the Broncos, but the alternative could be that the Broncos come out of it with nothing. Liddle is barely first grade standard but all of the hooking options at the Broncos aren’t any better. I do get the point that Liddle has been shopped around with no interest from the Broncos at this stage so why would this change there mind but you never know.

Latest posts

Back