Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Trades happen extremely rarely. Liddle can go and we will probably chuck money in if it helps him out. No one wants him.

It's bizarre how people think we can somehow trade Liddle and get some value out of the trade.

No shot at Jake,
But anyone in the world that thinks we're trading him for Payne Haas (In any currency or negotiation) is a madman.

Trades happen extremely rarely. Liddle can go and we will probably chuck money in if it helps him out. No one wants him.

It's bizarre how people think we can somehow trade Liddle and get some value out of the trade.
Though history has shown that clubs ultimately lose out in these situations where they’re forced into a corner by players (I.e. Haas) and end up having to release them for “player welfare” reasons. This scenario isn’t a true trade in the sense of we come out of it a lot better than the Broncos, but the alternative could be that the Broncos come out of it with nothing. Liddle is barely first grade standard but all of the hooking options at the Broncos aren’t any better. I do get the point that Liddle has been shopped around with no interest from the Broncos at this stage so why would this change there mind but you never know.

The roosters will end up with Haas and Cobbo
They'll get Smith and Munster from the Storm and Haas and Cobbo from the Donkeys for sure .. and get them all for under a million dollars combined .. with cash to spare .. !!

They'll get Smith and Munster from the Storm and Haas and Cobbo from the Donkeys for sure .. and get them all for under a million dollars combined .. with cash to spare .. !!
They obviously have a good accountant, because they couldn’t squeeze Sims in this year? The only other person I’ve heard of who could stretch $100k that far died more than 2000 years ago.

I do get the point that Liddle has been shopped around with no interest from the Broncos at this stage so why would this change there mind but you never know.

I know for a fact this wouldn't happen because we would release him with no compensation at all. I think we'd release him and pay part of his existing salary.

Can someone please list down the amount of trades that have happened in the NRL this season. List out the top 10. If you can't get 10 go back however many years to find the top 10 NRL trades.

I can think of one trade the whole time I've been watching league. It was Momo for Grant for 1 season.

Haas wants 1 million a year then an Increase to 1.2 three years into the deal Uncle Nick wants him big time but they need to move others like Angus to do so
Question with James Roberts running again had anyone asked him if he wants to play fullback in the lower grades to get a run and maybe get his fullback Titans form again ?

Rooster's won't register Haas for 1.2, it will be 600,000 and the rest 3rd party, same with Brandon Smith next year
So your saying they can only afford two internationals next year ? Not three with Munster what's going on ?

Nathan Brown said a few years ago Trent Robertson is and ok coach with brilliant players I wonder how he would go at the Tiger's

So your saying they can only afford two internationals next year ? Not three with Munster what's going on ?

Nathan Brown said a few years ago Trent Robertson is and ok coach with brilliant players I wonder how he would go at the Tiger's
Exactly, fellow coaches know it and dream of half the talent Robinson has

Thoughts on offering Liddle up as a bit of trade bait to the Broncos to release Haas? Obviously it’s not a like-for-like trade and it’d only work if the relationship is untenable between the Broncos and Haas but it offers them a player in an area of need and helps get him off our books.
What if Liddle doesn't want to go ?.

I agree, but if the goal is to get Haas, we may need to adapt.
As one can compare:
1)Haas, Korosau, Utoikamanu , 14 Liddle/Brown
2)Tamou/Twal, Korosau, Utoikamanu 14 Simpkin/Brown

I like the option 1) more.

The Broncos would laugh and hang up the phone.

We have zero roster trade power that is even close enough to start a talk with the Broncos

More the point for a trade to happen a club can't just offer the player up, they need the player to go yes send me to that club before hand. It's why hardly any trades have actually occurred and why we don't have a draft. Players have a right to select their employer.

Hass wants 1 million a year then an Increase to 1.2 three years into the deal Uncle Nick wants him big time but they need to move others like Angus to do so
I have a question for you

Say the Roosters want Hass what compensation do the Broncos get ?

Is it possible that Hass pays 200K to get a release is that allowed ?

Or I have a better idea for all future deals it's the best idea I have had and I believe it will go along way to fixing this

The receiving club say the Roosters must sacrifice part of there salary cap if they had one

Hass has a contract for 2023 / 2024 with the Broncos say 800K for each year the Roosters can take him but must sacrifice 20 percent of Hass contact in cap space to the Broncos so it cost the Roosters 160K cap space for 2023 and 2024 and the Broncos seeing they had plan on Hass being there get an extra 160K or cap space for 2023 and 2024

It's the best idea I can think of to punish 1 club and reward the other

So if the Roosters sign him for say 800K in 2023 it also cost them another 160K in punishment so total cap cost for him Is 960K

Four NRL names linked to Super League​

A quartet of players have reportedly been shopped to England.​

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - FEBRUARY 23: Dean Hawkins of Souths kicks the ball during the NRL trial match between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Penrith Panthers at Redfern Oval on February 23, 2019 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Evans/Getty Images)​

Four NRL players are understood to be on offer to Super League clubs ahead of next season.
Rabbitohs duo Taane Milne and Dean Hawkins, Bulldog Jackson Topine, and Shark Kayal Iro are all understood to have been shopped to the English league as manager Tyran Smith sources interest for his quartet of clients.

"Every now and then isn't good enough:" Warriors coaching change required?

According to Rugby League Live, all four players could be of interest as they weigh up their future, with Milne seen as the name most likely to demand interest.
The 27-year-old has long competed for a starting centres role in the NRL, having plied his trade with the Dragons, Warriors and currently Souths.

Across 41 appearances, Milne has recorded 14 tries, five of which have come from 10 appearances for the Bunnies this year.
The Fiji international could venture abroad to secure a more relied-upon role in rugby league, with Milne having to compete with star outside backs in Caleb Graham, Alex Johnston, Jaxson Paulo and Josh Mansour.

His teammate in Hawkins is also listed as a potential buy for Super League sides, offering a role as a scoring halfback to any keen suitor.
Hawkins made his NRL debut last season against Brisbane and played just two more games for South Sydney in 2021. He is yet to feature in Jason Demetriou's side this year.
Topine has also been limited in his experience at the top level, having played just eight games for Canterbury since his debut against Souths last year.
The Auckland-born second-rower has plenty of upside at just 20 years of age, and has been named as a replacement option in two matches this season.
Iro, the son of former Super League journeyman Kevin Iro, is yet to feature at senior level for Cronulla, having joined them following prior stints with New Zealand's and Newcastle's development squads.

The 22-year-old has represented the Cook Islands on the international stage, having amassed two caps in 2019.

Back