Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

There was talk a while back, before the Warriors signed Walsh, that they offered him $1M to be their fullback. Instead he signed with the Rorters for $400K. At least that's how I remember it. Was probably a DT or Fox Sports article, with figures bound to be made up, but anyway, even if the numbers were off on both sides of the offers, still shows what the "also rans" footy teams are up against.

(Edit: found one article about this - https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/report-in-demand-joey-manu-makes-massive-contract-call/1bzuw2ehfyjvi1tq3lx66nfib5#:~:text=Manu comes off-contract at,to move across the Tasman.)
Yes I remember that too. Massive unders for a player that you can tell would be something pretty good. (and he has done better).

Don't forget Paul Momo, Premiership Center signs with them for $200K. Though ofcourse we botched our chances with that player.

Good to see you back posting mate. Tapine would be incredible, but there isn’t much incentive for him to leave and come to us mid contract.
I wouldn't rule it out....

His wife apparently doesn't like Ricky or Canberra.
Her family live in Lake Macquarie and they're here any chance they can be.

Tigers territory is a lot closer than Canberra...

Big dream, he's close to the best in the comp these days.
Name his price and walk into any club.

If we don’t hit the player market for star recruits, you can kiss many of our younger brigade goodbye . The stars are the attraction. Just like the star power get you a better coach . This waiting is wasting time.

The funniest thing is I’ve seen people on here bag Ken, but he’s consistently our best and at worst top 3 metre makers and every carry he takes, he makes post contact metres, if we didn’t have metre eater wingers we’d be lucky to make our 30m line.

Latest posts

Back