Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The Tigers are set to enter discussions with out of favour Panthers winger Charlie Staines about a switch to Concord.

Staines is contracted to the Panthers for 2023, but has fallen down the pecking order at Penrith behind Taylan May and Origin star Brian To’o.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio reported on Triple M that the Tigers are interested in Staines to boost their wing and fullback stocks.

“The Tigers are having a good look at Charlie Staines the Panthers flyer,” Riccio said on Triple M.

“He is an absolute speedster. He has been playing on the wing. He has scored 22 tries in 32 games. He has got a phenomenal strike rate.

“This would be a play from the Tigers just to add a little more potency and speed to the backline.

“But Staines also has an ambition to play fullback. The Tigers still haven’t locked down their fullback in Daine Laurie.

“Charlie Staines and the Tigers are set to have discussions in relation to moving to Concord.

“He is on contract at the Panthers next season, so he would have to get an early release, but don’t rule it out.”

The 21-year-old scored 14 tries in 21 games last season, but missed out on the Panthers grand final side and has only scored twice in nine games this year.

I think Tigers will get him.

View attachment 1936

Also under the new regime - all heads will be shaved.

No flashy haircuts any more.
And he was such a clean cut nice looking dude back in those days.
Even the shirt he had on with the Tiger proudly featured looked great on him.
What turned him into such an outright A***hole.
Even though he could be very good for Brooks, I hope we never see him in WT's colours again.
What on earth was Benji thinking to suggest bringing back a grub like him.

And he was such a clean cut nice looking dude back in those days.
Even the shirt he had on with the Tiger proudly featured looked great on him.
What turned him into such an outright A***hole.
Even though he could be very good for Brooks, I hope we never see him in WT's colours again.
What on earth was Benji thinking to suggest bringing back a grub like him.

Moses personality didn't change with the colour of his kit...
- I'd suggest maybe your perception of him did.

Good luck. He’s a latte sipper for life.

He may well want that
- But that doesn't help them fit Suali and Manu on money they'll get into that team...
Moving Tedesco does.

Tedesco got what he left for - The only thing he won't get there...
Is a legacy.
We've got one for them for him also.

Bring him back
3 years at 1.2 (Somehow)
Club captain
Be the man that leads us back to the finals....

That shit lasts forever!!
No, you offer that money to sualli or manu to apply the pressure coz they won’t let them go. Then you pick up their old FB at a more reasonable rate. But yeah I’d take Teddy back he’s a proper FB and he’s got 3 years in him at first grade level. Leaving us with 3 years to find the next gun FB and we have a good mentor.

No, you offer that money to sualli or manu to apply the pressure coz they won’t let them go. Then you pick up their old FB at a more reasonable rate. But yeah I’d take Teddy back he’s a proper FB and he’s got 3 years in him at first grade level. Leaving us with 3 years to find the next gun FB and we have a good mentor.

That only works when they're off contract - None of them are....
A casual chat with an old team mate over a game of golf with an informal offer in there somewhere...

That happens all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Back