Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Kenny has the turning circle of the QE2
Pros and cons.

Turning and chasing is something he’ll never be good at. He’s the only reason we ever get outside our own 30m in yardage sets and usually finishes every tryscoring opportunity he gets and is a tryscoring threat for cross field bombs.

With a player like Staines, you get speed to turn and chase, better support play but you lose the things Ken is good at.

Not many players do all of these things well so it depends on the style of play for the team as to what’s most important.

Pros and cons.

Turning and chasing is something he’ll never be good at. He’s the only reason we ever get outside our own 30m in yardage sets and usually finishes every tryscoring opportunity he gets and is a tryscoring threat for cross field bombs.

With a player like Staines, you get speed to turn and chase, better support play but you lose the things Ken is good at.

Not many players do all of these things well so it depends on the style of play for the team as to what’s most important.
Very true. Must confess I love headings

Kenny has the turning circle of the QE2
Yes and no. I’m up for some change, whether it’s Km or BN, coz what we’re doing really doesn’t work( most weeks).
I saw a comment that Laurie is too small for 6, somebody better tell Dearden.
Laurie is sharp and has a step and a good pass. What do we have to lose.
Rather see JTJ on the wing and AD to centre than rehash yesterdays news.
I just want somebody to think outside the box. Noddy, are u on WTF under an assumed name.

I would like to know what the club's plans are re outside backs.

ToA = ok...won't ever be an elite rep level player.
Naden = see above.
AJ = see above

I don't mind any of them...but I'd rather not have all three.

You need at least one, game breaking / game changing center. All the good teams have them.

Naden and Staggs would be fine, for example.

AJ and Chricton would be fine.

One solid / one gun.

But we have three "solids" and no guns.

Our wingers are the same...solid, no guns.

And you 'need' a gun outside back.

We seem to keep adding quantity, but not quality.

I would like to know what the club's plans are re outside backs.

ToA = ok...won't ever be an elite rep level player.
Naden = see above.
AJ = see above

I don't mind any of them...but I'd rather not have all three.

You need at least one, game breaking / game changing center. All the good teams have them.

Naden and Staggs would be fine, for example.

AJ and Chricton would be fine.

One solid / one gun.

But we have three "solids" and no guns.

Our wingers are the same...solid, no guns.

And you 'need' a gun outside back.

We seem to keep adding quantity, but not quality.
You buy quality centres. For big tall fast young strong wingers you go to Campbelltown, production line.

What concerns me about Kenny is that his 1st half against knights was a real shocker so much so that I must assume he was busted even before kick off and if this is the case I would expect him to go to coach before game and rule himself out . He didn't and knights scored 2 early tries down his side
If he had done the right thing we might have won
Having said that if we can't beat a team that continuously knocked on then we don't deserve to win anyway .Newcastle were poor and we were even poorer

2 things ...

1 - if Doeuhi waits until Nov1 so he can test the open market, fair chance we have a crack at Dylan Brown as he will test the market but wants to stay in western Sydney due to family.

2 - I'm sure we'll talk to Spencer Leniu on Nov 1 with the limited amount of starting time he has gotten this season including demotion for 1 game to NSW Cup. I'd then tempt Panthers with an early release for 2023 with Jake Simpkin as an exchange in 2023. Simpkin would be a good chance as a starter or backup hooker with Api departing.

Ponder that peeps!

2 things ...

1 - if Doeuhi waits until Nov1 so he can test the open market, fair chance we have a crack at Dylan Brown as he will test the market but wants to stay in western Sydney due to family.

2 - I'm sure we'll talk to Spencer Leniu on Nov 1 with the limited amount of starting time he has gotten this season including demotion for 1 game to NSW Cup. I'd then tempt Panthers with an early release for 2023 with Jake Simpkin as an exchange in 2023. Simpkin would be a good chance as a starter or backup hooker with Api departing.

Ponder that peeps!
I'd be happy with both those things happening. I still think that the NRL needs to remove this signing 1 year out rubbish though. I'd like to keep Doeuhi, but at this point in time Dylan Brown is a better 5/8. Spencer Leniu would be good in any team.

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!
I like the idea but swap Simpkin with Liddle.

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!
exactly if douhie waits then cone on down Dylan Brown

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!

Spencer Leniu would be a great signing. He is still only 21 and has enormous potential. He's very effective as an impact forward but I'd be surprised if he's not looking for a starting role. We can offer that and more money than his current deal at Penrith. Hopefully his mate Api puts in a good word for us.

I am of the opinion that the addition of Api next year, and an okay run with injuries, we will get quite a few more wins. Perhaps not enough to play finals, but enough to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective players looking for a contract. I don't mind us signing some older heads, nearing the end of their careers, just not on long term deals that mean that we are stuck with them for too long. Club or Mutual Options seem to be the way to go. So a big yes to players like Dylan Brown, not so much to Nathan.

I am of the opinion that the addition of Api next year, and an okay run with injuries, we will get quite a few more wins. Perhaps not enough to play finals, but enough to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective players looking for a contract. I don't mind us signing some older heads, nearing the end of their careers, just not on long term deals that mean that we are stuck with them for too long. Club or Mutual Options seem to be the way to go. So a big yes to players like Dylan Brown, not so much to Nathan.
We are so close to having an elite team it's not funny - if we were to say land John Bateman and then out of left field Joseph Tapine. Then I go from being like maybe we make the finals to an expectation of making the finals. 2 players - not even backs can change our trajectory.

We are so close to having an elite team it's not funny - if we were to say land John Bateman and then out of left field Joseph Tapine. Then I go from being like maybe we make the finals to an expectation of making the finals. 2 players - not even backs can change our trajectory.
Agree, but would rather Angus Chrighton and Tapine. That pair would be game changing. Would also mean that we wouldn't need to pay overs for other players.

We have the worst roster in the comp, and a horrible spine with all positions up for grabs next season except the 9 with Api. We have the worst backline in the comp. We have one of the weakest/most inconsistent packs in the comp. Our defence across the board is atrocious. We have no support play.
We're currently about 13 players short of an elite side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back