Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Ya reckon? Hasn't he more or less been disliked everywhere he's gone? I mean, once could be the players but this would make three times now there has been unrest under his watch.
Re Hook/Anthony Griffin.

Look I don't care if he is liked. Sure our "talent" may not want to stay, which would naturally concern me if I supported:

Roosters with Sualli/Tedesco/Keary, etc.
Storm.
Broncos.
Manly,
etc.

Yea ah, for some reason I see no problem if our talent were to hate Anthony Griffin. Ok I want Pappaii to be happy, which I think he would be under Hook or Sheens. Hastings, I see no problem. Young upstart talent that believes they are the new NRL "gun", ?? (\_/:)\_/) I guess Jock Madden can find another team ?!?!

So trying to work out what the problem is here?

Reactions: TSP
Joffa ain’t worth breaking the bank for, his go forward isn’t that great
I agree with that. He is not the forward you want to rely on to push your pack forward. I can’t think of who he could be compared to. He doesn’t bust tackles, he has good foot work, throws an ok offload and pass at the line. Isn’t a enforcer with his defence, can’t play in the back row as he isn’t lateral enough. Kinda like an Aiden Tolman equivalent.

I agree with that. He is not the forward you want to rely on to push your pack forward. I can’t think of who he could be compared to. He doesn’t bust tackles, he has good foot work, throws an ok offload and pass at the line. Isn’t a enforcer with his defence, can’t play in the back row as he isn’t lateral enough. Kinda like an Aiden Tolman equivalent.
Every team needs one

Re Hook/Anthony Griffin.

Look I don't care if he is liked. Sure our "talent" may not want to stay, which would naturally concern me if I supported:

Roosters with Sualli/Tedesco/Keary, etc.
Storm.
Broncos.
Manly,
etc.

Yea ah, for some reason I see no problem if our talent were to hate Anthony Griffin. Ok I want Pappaii to be happy, which I think he would be under Hook or Sheens. Hastings, I see no problem. Young upstart talent that believes they are the new NRL "gun", ?? (\_/:)\_/) I guess Jock Madden can find another team ?!?!

So trying to work out what the problem is here?
I was just chiming in about Hook. End of the day seems like a successful coach but has seems to always put the wrong people offside. I don't have a clue what he has has to do with us and I wasn't implying he'd coach with us.

you don't break the bank for a player like Joffa that is what puts us under cap pressure.
we need to th throw big dollars at quality, joffa is very good but not worth throwing money at in a bidding war with melbourne over
Then we have our forward problem.
Tamou is retiring.
Joffa is one of the best in our pack.
Twal will perform the same.
Stefano, I have seen nothing that indicates he will change with Sheens.

Forward packs can no longer be carried by one player. it's the team.
Getting rid of Garner, etc. Makes some sense. Fringe graders can go.

Getting rid of your good forward, means Pappaii comes into a pack that is too weak to set the tone.

So either we win a bidding war with a Munster free Melbourne or we bring in someone who is off contract. The only player that comes to mind that would upgrade Joe O (that we could sign) is Angus Crichton. Luke Thompson would be another possibility, but IMHO not necessarily an upgrade on Joe O.

I get it Joe O does not want to bleed for our club when were in our current state. His attitude has been probably the best attitude in our group till Hastings arrivial. I don't want to re-sign him if he is done though.

you don't break the bank for a player like Joffa that is what puts us under cap pressure.
we need to th throw big dollars at quality, joffa is very good but not worth throwing money at in a bidding war with melbourne over
Exactly - best player in a team coming last…
Not a mention last year.

He’s a great guy, super solid - storm aren’t giving him the money he’s on with us… let alone more.
Dolphins - Maybe… but they haven’t bought a spine yet, got plenty of middles

Then we have our forward problem.
Tamou is retiring.
Joffa is one of the best in our pack.
Twal will perform the same.
Stefano, I have seen nothing that indicates he will change with Sheens.

Forward packs can no longer be carried by one player. it's the team.
Getting rid of Garner, etc. Makes some sense. Fringe graders can go.

Getting rid of your good forward, means Pappaii comes into a pack that is too weak to set the tone.

So either we win a bidding war with a Munster free Melbourne or we bring in someone who is off contract. The only player that comes to mind that would upgrade Joe O (that we could sign) is Angus Crichton. Luke Thompson would be another possibility, but IMHO not necessarily an upgrade on Joe O.

I get it Joe O does not want to bleed for our club when were in our current state. His attitude has been probably the best attitude in our group till Hastings arrivial. I don't want to re-sign him if he is done though.
I had to re-read this bit. I thought you were saying Hastings caused a drop in Joffas attitude lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back