Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It only takes one bad apple...

You're taking it all as a negative.

It's going to strengthen Newcastle.
Now that's a whole other conversation in its self, now that's an average team with problems running quite deep & adding a career failure like Brooks to their roster is going to be such a benefit to them 😂😂😂 anyway, we'll just leave that alone for now....

But ridding ourselves of Brooks and his contract opens up many doors for us, both financially and roster space wise.

If anything, it's more of a benefit to us - to allow us to strengthen positions we need to invest in, such as our forward pack or our centre stocks.
Brooks won't be strengthening Newcastle...

I like your thinking, but Ive heard that Gildart is telling the players not to come to tigers if they want to go to the NRL.

Thats what we get for stuffing him around.
Well let’s not forget he did go straight into the NRL with Jacko, but couldn’t make a break, set up a winger or tackle.
I think we probably did him a favour.
No sure how influential he is in the Uk but there’s always some sour grapes.
If any players over there are interested their manager should be checking out our big and small picture, to earn their dough.
I think most players know we are in a rebuilding phase so some will like the challenge, and some not.

Exactly so why not move him back to 7 if we have no other options. Certainly not Dooway.

I reckon this is the best option. If you play another forward it takes some of the defensive workload of him as well.

Our key playmaker will be expected to defend in the middle for 80 minutes over the course of the season.

He's like white dogshit
Whoa whoa just hold your horses mate! Let's de-escalate this situation.

As a coach, I always look at players who i think have a high ceiling but are cheap or under performing.
Im like Melbourne storm in this way.

I thought the same about meaney. Good footballers, fast, skills, good feet, that struggle in a beaten pack.

Meaney, like Gildart, has had great success in lesser grades.

I think gildart with some room and less pressure, is capable of real rape down the edge.

so we strengthen Newcastle for no benefit. Don't know if Brooks would tank like Moses hence I think he stays 2023
It simply astounds me when I read posts such as this. The idea that we are letting what some on here seem to think is a top shelf half-back to supposedly strengthen another team. I have no doubts that Brooks will fail in Newcastle. I don't want to achieve another spoon next year, a change is an absolute necessity.

Reactions: 851

Members online

Back