Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well, we have no replacement, we have let go the next one in line, we still owe him a tonne of coin and our pack will be improved next year. Additionally, Hastings and Doueihi should hit round 1 fully fit.
That shows that even without a replacement the team would be better off.
I’ve supported him for a long time but eventually came to the conclusion that he just hasn’t got the football IQ needed for a NRL halfback.

I appreciate that Brooks has some very loyal supporters but if he wants out as has been suggested, and for possibly this season gone as well - there is no way any of you would be as supportive of any other player in the team with that mindset and especially one who has the privilege of being paid more than anyone else to be here.
And yet you all have him as our best option still after years of no results.
It can't sit well with the rest of the squad if they are aware that he doesn't want to be at the club, and it will have a negative bearing on the whole squad if they persist with him and results are poor again. I have to believe a coach knows that better than anyone and everything is being done to get it sorted before training starts.
he wanted out due to Maguire
if he goes in 2024 it will be like any other player agreeing to terms a year out

I think it's good for Brooks to move on. Being a punching bag can't be good for his confidence and abilities.
Even in the normal workplace a change is like a holiday and he may find another gear.
I seriously reckon he will kick on at the Knights. It's just not a good fit here, how many times can you slam a square peg into a round hole to make it fit

The first bad game he has he will be accused of tanking - he knows it and so does everyone else. There comes a time and now is it.
did papali get accused of tanking or mahoney or Api ?
If Sheens lands a number 7 from u.k then maybe he goes in 2023
Sheens is not in the habit of strengthening other nrl sides, Newcastle have gamble possibly keighran in 2023 to play 7 that is it
2024 good luck to Brooks if he chases the cash

Big call from him to leave his homeland again and Re home his young family.. maybe needs Benji and Sheensy to put on the hard sell.
No issues with his family coming over post Covid. Being locked in isolation in a foreign country would have sucked. Plus I remember that it was reported that he was still keen to experience Australia, just wanted to be somewhere near the beach etc and not in a crap hole like Canberra

Sheens is not in the habit of strengthening other nrl sides, Newcastle have gamble possibly keighran in 2023 to play 7 that is it
No one gets accused of tanking in winning teams.
Totally different scenario for a long serving player camped at the bottom of the table who is the highest paid player but never played finals footy and carries the wait of a fan base who is over it.

I seriously reckon he will kick on at the Knights. It's just not a good fit here, how many times can you slam a square peg into a round hole to make it fit
I hope that it does work out for Luke at the Knights, at least he was loyal when those other 3 Aholes went chasing the almighty dollar.
I don’t know how he has handled the pressure that was put on him by the media etc, and remained sane.
Just glad that it’s hopefully over now and we as a club can move on.

Brooks salary quoted has gone from $700k to $1.2m
That says to me no one really knows
Numbers slide to suit the angle on the story being pushed
According I’ll leave it to Sheensy, who knows the true number, to make any decision on Brooks
amazing it was 1.1 million in April 2022 from rothfield now it is 900k from rothfield

Brooks has tanked before though. He did it end of 21 against the Dogs to try and get Maguire sacked

Staff online

Back