Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The whole Klemmer/woods angle
Is bullshit. Same with the Hastings/
Bateman not getting along angle.
I call bullshit on these bum journos

I think the Klemmer/Woods idea is some bizarre fan idea to make the signing of Woods palatable.

It's professional footy. You don't enter signings and state we can bring your mate in as well. It'll be good times.

Just for a reality check Klemmer left the Dogs after Woods signed with them.

If you want a better club I agree Woods isn’t that signing, but its a player we can attract because hardly anyone wants to come to Tigers. We got extremely lucky with Api and Papali’I.

I'd rather give a spot to Kautoga or Matamua. Bring another junior up and give him a dev contract.

Just for a reality check Klemmer left the Dogs after Woods signed with them.
Woods got moved on mid season to Sharks in 2018 and Klemmer asked to be released from the Dogs with still 2 years on his contract. Don’t think Klemmer left the Dogs due to Woods.

I'd rather give a spot to Kautoga or Matamua. Bring another junior up and give him a dev contract.
Both of them are on development contracts next year but Matamua joins the 30 in 24. While I don’t have an issue upgrading juniors if they are good enough we do need experience in the team. Not justifying this in signing Woods if we do but we can’t just wait until every junior is ready otherwise it’ll be another 3-5 years before we make finals.

Woods got moved on mid season to Sharks in 2018 and Klemmer asked to be released from the Dogs with still 2 years on his contract. Don’t think Klemmer left the Dogs due to Woods.

I don't think he did either but the idea that we need to sign Woods to get Klemmer is bordering on conspiracy theory levels of craziness.

By all reports Klemmer is a done deal. We don't need to sign Woods and we definitely shouldn't be wasting a 3rd party payment on getting that deal done.

I bet we could use that 3rd party deal to help us in some other contract negotiations though.

Both of them are on development contracts next year but Matamua joins the 30 in 24. While I don’t have an issue upgrading juniors if they are good enough we do need experience in the team. Not justifying this in signing Woods if we do but we can’t just wait until every junior is ready otherwise it’ll be another 3-5 years before we make finals.

I basically agree expect when it comes to the details. We aren't talking broad roster management. We are talking about offering Woods a contract that will be topped up with 3rd party payments.

When we had Madge here he just said no to Woods. Now we have Sheens and this stuff is happening.

I remember Johnny Cronk and Danny the prop Galea.

I don't think he did either but the idea that we need to sign Woods to get Klemmer is bordering on conspiracy theory levels of craziness.

By all reports Klemmer is a done deal. We don't need to sign Woods and we definitely shouldn't be wasting a 3rd party payment on getting that deal done.

I bet we could use that 3rd party deal to help us in some other contract negotiations though.
Just have to wait and see what happens.

Don't think Sharon is joining us,
Would say it's another beat up

Nothing to offer and is signed
With dragons for 2023 on peanuts.

The whole Klemmer/woods angle
Is bullshit. Same with the Hastings/
Bateman not getting along angle.
I call bullshit on these bum journos
Yep, I agree. It's managers spoon feeding journos. Both jornos and managers are keen to rack up buisiness.
Even madge when asked earlier this year who he would like to sign said an agressive experienced prop. Nothing has changed. We need an in your face prop who hates losing.
Klemmer is a good candidate considering what's out there.
Just chill and see what happens.

I basically agree expect when it comes to the details. We aren't talking broad roster management. We are talking about offering Woods a contract that will be topped up with 3rd party payments.

When we had Madge here he just said no to Woods. Now we have Sheens and this stuff is happening.

I remember Johnny Cronk and Danny the prop Galea.
Hopefully we don’t get Woods but if we do it is what it is. Nothing we can do about it.

Klemmer Brown and Bateman past their best but will come for the money. May make a difference if the team can get off to a decent start. But if Sheens is stuck on persisting with Brooks when everyone knows he wants out and it goes to crap then he deserves to get smashed. Brooks might be the best option if he his committed and wants to be here. But Brooks not wanting to be here is the absolute worst option for the team.

Woods is not good and worse than when he left with the new rules.

However, I feel we are short a prop (depth wise), even if we do sign Klemmer. Woods on a baseline contract would be okay, but not much more than that.

The only good signings are from Madge. Woods, Brown & Bateman appear to be terrible signings. I'd suggest Mataulino, Packer and Reynolds are on a similar level and only because Reynolds was the worst singing we've probably ever had.

I hope something changes but it sounds terrible.

I think Klemmer could be good but he is on top dollar.

The whole Sheens signing is looking worse and worse.

Yeah Sheens talks well and it sounds good when he says playing attacking footy but if you have a dud squad what chance do you have.
Madge picked up a few gems, Hastings, stef, blore(unlucky with injury) and joe off. He also has brought some duds

No one really knows what's going on with recruitment.

The inns and outs has been good and think your overall assessment is based on having a hissey fit over Hastings.
Not at all..Hastings is just ONE of what I suspect will be several disappointments the way retention and recruitment is shaping up
Wld prefer Williams to Hastings tbh...but weve gotta work with what weve got and build on it,not theow the baby away with..

Nobody here knows the clubs thoughts all I hope for is that the club is planning for succession to Brooks with either understudy / replacement in place for 2023.

I know the dream would be for Moses to come back but what is the deadline decision date? what are the alternates?

With poor offering here in Oz eg Flanagan etc I do hope there was some smoozing of ESL based halves.

What's good about it? An over the hill player who betrayed us, now looking for a final payout with a club dumb enough.
i wouldn't want him back because of the way he left but as a business deal it may be the right move. If we can get him on a dirt cheap contract propped up by a hefty 3rd party then its a no brainer. Our front row stocks lack a bit of experience and the guy has played SOO and for Australia. His numbers are OK off the bench.

Back