Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Nobody here knows the clubs thoughts all I hope for is that the club is planning for succession to Brooks with either understudy / replacement in place for 2023.

I know the dream would be for Moses to come back but what is the deadline decision date? what are the alternates?

With poor offering here in Oz eg Flanagan etc I do hope there was some smoozing of ESL based halves.

What's good about it? An over the hill player who betrayed us, now looking for a final payout with a club dumb enough.
i wouldn't want him back because of the way he left but as a business deal it may be the right move. If we can get him on a dirt cheap contract propped up by a hefty 3rd party then its a no brainer. Our front row stocks lack a bit of experience and the guy has played SOO and for Australia. His numbers are OK off the bench.

Not at all..Hastings is just ONE of what I suspect will be several disappointments the way retention and recruitment is shaping up
Wld prefer Williams to Hastings tbh...but weve gotta work with what weve got and build on it,not theow the baby away with..
I value your opinion mate as I do others,but I can only see the old boys club back at it again...we got Hastings who turned his attitude around and matured while overseas,he was the shining light last year when on the field,his leadership and organising were great,while he was on the field we played like a good team and won some games and lost some by small margins...
when he didnt play we were slaughtered with no real leadership and played like a 3rd grade park side...
he may not be quick but he has talent and smarts about him,so he cant be with us because the old boys club cant be outshone by someone who really tries his best for the team....

I don't think he did either but the idea that we need to sign Woods to get Klemmer is bordering on conspiracy theory levels of craziness.

By all reports Klemmer is a done deal. We don't need to sign Woods and we definitely shouldn't be wasting a 3rd party payment on getting that deal done.

I bet we could use that 3rd party deal to help us in some other contract negotiations though.
Klemmer far from a done deal

i wouldn't want him back because of the way he left but as a business deal it may be the right move. If we can get him on a dirt cheap contract propped up by a hefty 3rd party then its a no brainer. Our front row stocks lack a bit of experience and the guy has played SOO and for Australia. His numbers are OK off the bench.
It's also about message to me - bringing him or any other or the big four back (let alone Benji/ Sheens) is saying it's OK to screw us over and come back for seconds.
Yes, we may have had more success with those people here but it's also rolling over and saying do as you please to get your own way- a problem most people wanted stamped out.
If bringing those people back does pan out I'll eat humble pie but I just can't see it happening. To me, it's just going back to the past because it seemed so much better when it reality it wasn't.

Hastings is a leader - its so long since we have had someone who tries to make everyone a accountable- so he steps on toes - so what - anyone who remembers that drubbing we got from the wooden spoon winning Bulldogs in 2021 will know how desperately we need a leader to make players accountable- that game still haunts me - we were shameful that day
Ko
I think you've summed up the situation well.
I thought our forward pack was full of young blokes

It's also about message to me - bringing him or any other or the big four back (let alone Benji/ Sheens) is saying it's OK to screw us over and come back for seconds.
Yes, we may have had more success with those people here but it's also rolling over and saying do as you please to get your own way- a problem most people wanted stamped out.
If bringing those people back does pan out I'll eat humble pie but I just can't see it happening. To me, it's just going back to the past because it seemed so much better when it reality it wasn't.

You can spin a scenario a million different ways ultimately the coaching staff will be judged on their wins and losses.

Reactions: 851
I value your opinion mate as I do others,but I can only see the old boys club back at it again...we got Hastings who turned his attitude around and matured while overseas,he was the shining light last year when on the field,his leadership and organising were great,while he was on the field we played like a good team and won some games and lost some by small margins...
when he didnt play we were slaughtered with no real leadership and played like a 3rd grade park side...
he may not be quick but he has talent and smarts about him,so he cant be with us because the old boys club cant be outshone by someone who really tries his best for the team....

Can you comment on what the players in the team think of him?

Not much evidence to suggest much has changed in that regard.

Agree his more mature and good with the media however team player still a question

Nobody here knows the clubs thoughts all I hope for is that the club is planning for succession to Brooks with either understudy / replacement in place for 2023.

I know the dream would be for Moses to come back but what is the deadline decision date? what are the alternates?

With poor offering here in Oz eg Flanagan etc I do hope there was some smoozing of ESL based halves.
Reality is there not much chooses for halves in Australia.

England's George Williams and welsby would be the best on market but who knows what their contract situation is.

Can you comment on what the players in the team think of him?

Not much evidence to suggest much has changed in that regard.

Agree his more mature and good with the media however team player still a question
So after watching his games last year,you dont think he was doing his best for the team? or do we keep watching Noffa as an example leaving his wing and letting tries in,and Hastings gave him a serve,,,I would think it was more passion and a will to win more than anything else...
I cant comment on how the team think of him....Im not in the team...

I don't think he did either but the idea that we need to sign Woods to get Klemmer is bordering on conspiracy theory levels of craziness.

By all reports Klemmer is a done deal. We don't need to sign Woods and we definitely shouldn't be wasting a 3rd party payment on getting that deal done.

I bet we could use that 3rd party deal to help us in some other contract negotiations though.
Not if for the first time this is a genuine 3rd party deal and is someone who wants to sponsor Woods.

You can spin a scenario a million different ways ultimately the coaching staff will be judged on their wins and losses.
Ultimately the players on very good salaries who are professional rugby league players arent accountable for the losses...they need to be held accountable or we end up the same way we have been in the last 10 years...

Club Legend to Return to the Tigers

Aaron Woods will be returning to the club he made famous. The news, expected to be announced by Friday, will be a massive boost for the Tigers who have recently dropped out of the race to sign unwanted Knight David Klemmer.

Woods will reunite with a club that he helped make the finals in 2011 and led throughout his career. When asked for comment Woods stated that he was ready to rip in for the boys and was looking forward to the challenge of leading.

"I love the club. I'm very happy to be going back to captain the Tigers," said Woods.

"I can't wait to reunite with me old mate Brooksy."

Tim Sheens was coy when pressed about it.

"I don't know anything about no lettuce. What do you mean? I ain't got any potatoes. Go away!"

Aaron Woods will be returning to the club he made famous. The news, expected to be announced by Friday, will be a massive boost for the Tigers who have recently dropped out of the race to sign unwanted Knight David Klemmer.

Woods will reunite with a club that he helped make the finals in 2011 and led throughout his career. When asked for comment Woods stated that he was ready to rip in for the boys and was looking forward to the challenge of leading.

"I love the club. I'm very happy to be going back to captain the Tigers," said Woods.

"I don't know anything about no lettuce. What do you mean? I ain't got any potatoes. Go away!"
“Massive boost” is a stretch…how can these players love the club when they walked out on it. Toxic relationship.

The sad punchline is that it could happen.

Latest posts

Members online

Back