Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

O

think as long as the contract length isn’t ridiculous it’s a good signing tbh. Klem was still averaging over 150mts a game I’m pretty sure. Could’ve been more but on the other hand there where multiple games tamou wouldn’t even crack 50 mts I remember a few games it was like 27 mts and stuff like that
I'm happy to sign Klem BUT I think Tamou was over 150m per game the year before he came here.

Weren’t some on here suggesting that Brooks has signed for the Knights for 2024 and this was going to be his leverage to demand an early release?
I was one amongst the few who called BS to Brooks leaving in 2023 let alone 2024 to Newcastle

The Pom stated Brooks manager had contacted the club and told them he was signing at Newcastle for 24 onward post November 1st.

It sounds like Sheens is pushing real hard to retain Brooks and he is happy to let Hastings go.
Seriously Earl, i think Sheens just wants to see how it all pans out.He realises AD and Hastings are not the halves to take us further, he also has doubts on Brooks. He has contracts on all and cannot find anyone suitable for this key position at the moment. This could change with all three leaving, and a big bank account. We definetly need at least 1 or maybe 2 good halves going forward.

Just as Tom Araya correctly predicted and CloudyGlock copied but was too stooge like to put his name to.
Please come back Tom - you know more than the whole sum of WTF.
Might not be news to some from wwos
Newcastle is poised to ship former State of Origin prop David Klemmer down the road to Concord in a player swap with Wests Tigers.

Nine's Danny Weidler reports Tigers five-eighth Jackson Hastings has signed a three-year deal with the Knights and "will start with the club within a week".

In return the Tigers will get Klemmer, who had a good 2022 season form-wise for Newcastle but is eating up a significant chunk of the club's salary cap - believed to be in the vicinity of $800,000 for next season.
I wonder how much of that chunk if any newcastle are carrying next year.

As I understand it .
Weve recruited no stars in last 12 months now we are going to let Hastings go and keep Brooks ? .Seems to me more of the same over and over .
We can do the odd player swap . We can sign some at back end of their career who can't get a contract extension where they are ! We can upgrade promising juniors who are still too young for Nrl and sign the odd one from Rugby
2023 expectations ? We do same thing over and over and expect a different result ? There's a word for that
Maybe wait until season starts until go all doom and gloom ?

Squad looking better than previous years cheer up

There must be something more to this Hastings swap than we are aware of, Brooks was off limits but Hastings was seemingly out the door in a week.
We could have done Klemmer without a swap at all apparently, interesting to see what comes out once the dust settles. Im guessing the Brooks move for 24 is off also.

Sorry Demps, i know you are an AD fan and Leb fan , good on you. Also a Brooks basher, good on you,. I just don't agree. Smith would be a rank outsider, but i tipped Hastings could go, and i think AD should worry.
This is a good post and you did predict this outcome.

I wonder if Farah and Marshall had input? Both are known to have made sacrifices to stay at WTs. Chris Lawrence as well and potentially Brooks if he re-signs. Maybe this is the new culture requiring similar sacrifices on and off the field as part of the team Those who aren't prepared to demonstrate the same commitment can leave?

And if by some miracle he does fire i guess you will just disappear and sign up under another name.
Nah he'll probably be really really happy. No brooks haters want him to play bad. He just does that himself, and they observe it and mention it. Then the brooks cult acts like someone other than Brooks made Brooks play bad.

can't remember who the poster was may glenji, absolutely adamant Hastings would not be going to Newcastle as he just bought a place at cronulla lol
As we are all aware,

Things move quite fast and sudden in this game.

I'm sure Hastings, himself... wouldn't of thought he'd be moving up the coast to play for the Knights.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back