Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hastings has scored himself a hefty pay rise with the Knights.
Once it was clear that Brooks wasn’t going to be released for 2023 Knights changed focus.
Sheens met with Hastings management & made the point very clear that his future was at 13.
It moved fast from there.
The hope is to build a forward pack that Brooks can actually play off.
Bateman deal will be finalised in the week but he will be here.
Very early talk for Brooks but the club would hope to present a restructured deal for 2 year extension but a reduced rate.

Very important meeting with Moses management next week where a formal offer is expected to be presented.

Matamua expected to be elevated to top 30.

they will have to play pogo at 6 but then they don't have a FB. Maybe they can get Tex Hoy back from Hull. Or they might go with gamble at 7 pogo at 6 and hastings at 13.

Yeah, thought about ponga 6
but like you said no fullback.
Jackson won't play 13 there,
He didn't want to play it here
and signed with them to play
In the halves. Their a shambles

And if by some miracle he does fire i guess you will just disappear and sign up under another name.
Actually, I'll be the first in the line to admit I was wrong.

Unlike you and your little clan of simple bootlickers who would act like a bunch of hormonal teenage girls and drop snarky little comments in game threads whenever Hastings and AD were showing him up in the last two seasons.

I don’t know.
I don’t hate it.
I don’t love it.
i loved the on field energy and drive JH brought to the team but he is limited and I do feel that other teams worked him out pretty quick.
Brooks??? 50/50 Will have a vastly improved pack to work off…. Has pace… will probably be instructed to play to his perceived strengths unlike with Madge (?) …also makes sense if management have another 1/2 or 5/8 in the works…..🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I wonder how the club views Doueihi now as well. A 2 year extension for Brooks is 3 more years and the club appears to want to purchase a half.

I wonder how the club views Doueihi now as well. A 2 year extension for Brooks is 3 more years and the club appears to want to purchase a half.
I'd like to believe through the lens of Farah, Marshall, Lawrence and potentially Brooks all making sacrifices to stay at WTs.

Without a dominant forward pack, everything else is secondary.

So from that perspective, Klemmer is a requirement, Jackson a luxury.

I'm not against it, I also have no issues with the fluidity of the situation.

We came last, our forwards were dominated and things needed to change.

Hastings has scored himself a hefty pay rise with the Knights.
Once it was clear that Brooks wasn’t going to be released for 2023 Knights changed focus.
Sheens met with Hastings management & made the point very clear that his future was at 13.
It moved fast from there.
The hope is to build a forward pack that Brooks can actually play off.
Bateman deal will be finalised in the week but he will be here.
Very early talk for Brooks but the club would hope to present a restructured deal for 2 year extension but a reduced rate.

Very important meeting with Moses management next week where a formal offer is expected to be presented.

Matamua expected to be elevated to top 30.
Thanks @THE_POM, any idea if Chris Fa'agutu will be joining NRL squad training any time soon? Also is Dudley Dotoi still with the club for next season? 2 Aussie Schoolboys who I would love to see get a real crack in the coming years.

Thanks @THE_POM, any idea if Chris Fa'agutu will be joining NRL squad training any time soon? Also is Dudley Dotoi still with the club for next season? 2 Aussie Schoolboys who I would love to see get a real crack in the coming years.
Fa’agutu will be a development player for 2024.

I believe Dotoi wants to go back to QLD, does have a contract for 2023.

Latest posts

Back