Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s a serious question Demps? I’m not mad with Klem and Charlie. I’m not a positive Pollyanna, negative nelly or a member of the pee high club, just wanna know where the improvement is that we’re all getting excited over?
Apparently Ciraldo didn’t come because “there’s still more work to do with the roster” which he obviously saw as a bridge too far even considering the enormous cap space created?
Why does recruitment feel no different to the last 10 years?
I think the emphasis on bolstering the pack is a good thing, as our forwards have been pushovers for many years now. If Bateman ends up coming I can’t see us being pushovers anymore with the likes of him, Klemmer, Papalii, Ofengaue & Blore in the pack.

i also think the acquisition of Koroisau alone will change this team for the better. My only real concern recruitment wise is the halves. Throwing all the eggs in the Brooks basket, with little back up yet again, doesn’t fill me with much confidence, but who knows he might actually be able to achieve something behind a pack that is not dominated every week.

I think the emphasis on bolstering the pack is a good thing, as our forwards have been pushovers for many years now. If Bateman ends up coming I can’t see us being pushovers anymore with the likes of him, Klemmer, Papalii, Ofengaue & Blore in the pack.

i also think the acquisition of Koroisau alone will change this team for the better. My only real concern recruitment wise is the halves. Throwing all the eggs in the Brooks basket, with little back up yet again, doesn’t fill me with much confidence, but who knows he might actually be able to achieve something behind a pack that is not dominated every week.
Welcome back Flip 🤝
Good to see you posting.

Can we pump the brakes on the AD hate.... he’s a very good player who came off his 2nd ACL injury and arguably was one of our best players and only one who could create for us - yeah his defence was sketchy but he’s the type to be able to work on that with a full pre season 100% and he’ll come back with vengeance next season

Take it from someone coming off an ACL injury very recently, it’s incredibly difficult to return and make an impact straight away

Anyone to compare him to a Corey Allan is just taking it overboard
Mate I think most of the vitriol aimed at AD is because he has put a price tag of 900,000 a year on himself...why would anyone pay him that with him coming back from as you say his second ACL injury,demanding to play at 6 when he isnt really known as as 6...To me he is a centre and fullback...
If he has 2 fantastic seasons 23/24 then maybe people will lay off him,but he has to prove to all and sundry his asking price,,

Mate I think most of the vitriol aimed at AD is because he has put a price tag of 900,000 a year on himself...why would anyone pay him that with him coming back from as you say his second ACL injury,demanding to play at 6 when he isnt really known as as 6...To me he is a centre and fullback...
If he has 2 fantastic seasons 23/24 then maybe people will lay off him,but he has to prove to all and sundry his asking price,,
* alleged asking price.

Buzz literally makes stuff up

Said last week that the bulldogs would entice Moses with the club captaincy .

Has anybody ever signed or stayed with a club because of captaincy ?
all the luke Brooks rubbish from Buzz re Newcastle him and Read along with Hooper are pathetic. They made Brooks salary Udall last year so making up AD salary doesn't suprise

Good to see you back Flip....also good to see you have your full facalties about you...

Has this been confirmed or just another forum fabrication?

Don't believe everything you read bra 😉
Well what about Pom,CCWT and everything they post.apparently its almost gospel the way people praise their info...or is it because AD is a favourite and nothing can be said about him unless it is set in stone,,,

Well what about Pom,CCWT and everything they post.apparently its almost gospel the way people praise their info...or is it because AD is a favourite and nothing can be said about him unless it is set in stone,,,
Their information is decent.

I'm of the belief the AD asking price thing could be true... it just isn't confirmed.

I also read something his former manager leaked it to make him look greedy.

Does anyone honestly think that this click bait is anywhere close to the truth.

Maybe but it was stated as that amount...they should probably get their facts right before stating it next time...
Who stated it?
Danny Weidler article
enough said

Sad thing is people here run with it and next thing its basically fact

Too much BS is allowed to perpetuate here these days...it wasnt always like this

Who stated it?

enough said

Sad thing is people here run with it and next thing its basically fact

Too much BS is allowed to perpetuate here these days...it wasnt always like this
It's no surprise though that a fair few of the people bashing AD and taking that asking price as gospel, are the exact same people that defend Luke Brooks and say that the media are lying about his supposed salary.

There's some massive hypocrites on this forum

Back