Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

AD has every right to ask for more but whether the club agrees to it is a decision for Sheens and Marshall to make. Hastings has gone.

Everyone has the right to ask for more money but sometimes it simply isn't justified and it doesn't come across well.

AD and Hastings were reportedly after around 1 million dollars each. I'm confident these figures were really discussed and @cochise confirmed it was around that amount.

Since that point Sheens let go of Hastings and AD hasn't been re-signed. I'm sure we could afford that money (hence offering Moses big money) however it appears the club believes those players were asking for a salary above what we were prepared to pay.

AD had a terrible season last year. He was admittedly coming back from an ACL injury. He hasn't performed well enough though in any position to own that position.

I'm no AD hater. If anything I've been a massive supporter but when you aren't performing and you are asking for top dollar it's not going to come across well.

Last edited:
in o
I don’t think there is hate for AD.

Think most view AD as a value add to our side & would help us win games. In an attacking structured team his running game could be brilliant & step up a notch. Issue is how he fits into the team.

Alot of people run off what the media spin & make up. Its a rumors section. The rumor was 900k which creates reactions.

He doesn’t need to have his best year, he just needs to do his job and we will rise up. I would prefer 23 to be a changeup / confidence builder ahead of 24 with further reinforcements coming.

Hastings wasn’t great for us, sure he was better than Brooks this year but Hastings was hardly best year stuff.
In our side AD is a centre not a 6 and hopefully he can sign on and is happy to play centre in 2024 and beyond

Yeah whatever... When it comes to Brooks you can't be taken seriously
Because I was one of the few that didn'have putchforks out for him.
Thankfully Sheens wants Brooks here
Plenty were celebrating when they thought Brooks was gone abd took the media as gospel, now it is turned on a forum darling like AD oh no it can't be true... can it

What in the world has Brooks got to do with Hastings going ? Hastings left, he was not sacked.
Your comments make no sense,, Brooks ,AD, and the whole side i hope have a great year'.
If any don't perform. the club will find better players. This has nothing to do with individual players !
gotta keep that Brooksy hate rolling somehow :)

Seriously why waste time on Brooks and AD ? They are both under contract for 2023. Everything good or bad, that can be said has been! Its boring ! It is simple, they, like all the players either perform , or moved on. The club is no longer a mates regime, more will be gone at the end of 2023, and performance will be the judge.

Because I was one of the few that didn'have putchforks out for him.
Thankfully Sheens wants Brooks here
Plenty were celebrating when they thought Brooks was gone abd took the media as gospel, now it is turned on a forum darling like AD oh no it can't be true... can it
The blokes failed for a decade... Keep supporting that

in o

In our side AD is a centre not a 6 and hopefully he can sign on and is happy to play centre in 2024 and beyond

Is he ? I think in our side he is definitely a half since we only have him and Brooks. He could perform next season and prove himself to be a top shelf 6.

I'm not sure what his best position is.

A slow center

I'm not sure that is his best position. I think his best position may be edge backrower because he wouldn't be slow in that role.

He needs to sort out his defense wherever he plays. He is probably the worse defender in our team.

He is also a runner and needs to have players running off him because he can get his arms free and off load. He can throw a great long ball. He has a great bomb. His decision making is pretty bad though for a half.

It's a rough situation because at times he is our best player and he does look like being a marquee player at times but he only has moments.

I suppose we have to see how he goes next season but one thing that sticks out is that in every position he has been played he hasn't been able to provide consistent top level performances.

Seriously why waste time on Brooks and AD ? They are both under contract for 2023.

Key players in key positions. That is why Brooks cops it so much. He hasn't delivered in one of the most critical roles in the team.

AD and Hastings have given some supporters hope that we can somehow improve in key positions within the team.

It's great that we appear to have a good pack for next season but will it work with a dud spine ?

Is he ? I think in our side he is definitely a half since we only have him and Brooks. He could perform next season and prove himself to be a top shelf 6.

I'm not sure what his best position is.
Is he a centre, 5/8, lock or second rower? While we remain undecided, I'm sure Sheens and Marshall have determined what he is not.

Latest posts

Back