Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

My prediction: Gus using media smokescreen of us going hard for Moses, Tigers get Moses, Adam Doeuihi released to the Bulldogs for salary and mutual agreement. Doeuihi rumour that hasn’t been mentioned once by Fox/DT. Its the way we used Dragons/Panthers to resign Martin and Hunt on overs. Could be completely wrong but just a fun thought.
Yeah Douhie going to Dogs might be on the cards.

I honestly can't see the dogs being able to match us for Moses.

We get Moses, Douhie to dogs, Brooks takes a 50% pay reduction and the Eels fans lose their minds.

Yeah Douhie going to Dogs might be on the cards.

I honestly can't see the dogs being able to match us for Moses.

We get Moses, Douhie to dogs, Brooks takes a 50% pay reduction and the Eels fans lose their minds.
Win win situation for Tigers and Dogs. I think Deouihi would be an ok signing. Heaps of people on the kennel have mail on Doeuihi to Bulldogs and barely anything on Moses to Bulldogs. Looks like he could occur. Tigers are 90% in the box seat to get Moses over us.

This club was in dire straights. They then got Sheens, one of the smartest football brains in the game, to turn the club around. The professionalism is already apparent. Leaks , and silly statements have dried up, and he stated a realistic target of 2025, not 2023 or 2024. The recruitment is better, and the pathways are being worked on. This will not happen overnight. People who think that Brooks, or Douiehi will be given preference because they are juniors, are living in fantasy world. Like all succesfull clubs, if players don't perform to an optimum level, they will be replaced. This is the way forward, and thank god they have given him the green light to do the job. Mistakes will be made, but that's part of the game.

Nathan Brown and agrressive arnt inclusive He gives away 2-3 penalties a game. I can see a year contract would make sense but he's only going to be here until Matumua and Blore play week to week big minutes
Two things I don’t care if he gives away a few penalties, if he is bashing whoever we are playing .
Second point matumua and blore have to prove themselves, brown has runs on the board the other two , haven’t done anything

Win win situation for Tigers and Dogs. I think Deouihi would be an ok signing. Heaps of people on the kennel have mail on Doeuihi to Bulldogs and barely anything on Moses to Bulldogs. Looks like he could occur. Tigers are 90% in the box seat to get Moses over us.
Yeah Douhie would be less for the dogs so they can still improve their roster.

The only loser out of it would be the Eels. Which I won't be too worried about 😂

Two things I don’t care if he gives away a few penalties, if he is bashing whoever we are playing .
Second point matumua and blore have to prove themselves, brown has runs on the board the other two , haven’t done anything
Yep alot of runs over a long time.
Hes on decent coin. How much would you pay for him? I imagine he's be 550-600k.

This club was in dire straights. They then got Sheens, one of the smartest football brains in the game, to turn the club around. The professionalism is already apparent. Leaks , and silly statements have dried up, and he stated a realistic target of 2025, not 2023 or 2024. The recruitment is better, and the pathways are being worked on. This will not happen overnight. People who think that Brooks, or Douiehi will be given preference because they are juniors, are living in fantasy world. Like all succesfull clubs, if players don't perform to an optimum level, they will be replaced. This is the way forward, and thank god they have given him the green light to do the job. Mistakes will be made, but that's part of the game.
Think Benji has a big role too. Player like Moses would love to play under him because he'd be a attacking coach who brings in the players as well to develop their own brand of attack.

Both would have to be for 2024 surely? If Parra wouldn't release Steph or Papalii there is no way they will let Moses go a year early. If we release Doehi now that puts a lot of pressure on Laurie to play 5/8, with only Will Smith waiting in the wings on a T&T contract. So I can see it happening, but not for 12 months.

Both would have to be for 2024 surely? If Parra wouldn't release Steph or Papalii there is no way they will let Moses go a year early. If we release Doehi now that puts a lot of pressure on Laurie to play 5/8, with only Will Smith waiting in the wings on a T&T contract. So I can see it happening, but not for 12 months.
I would think this is for 2024. Unless Moses starts tanking again.
Both Moses and AD have contracts for 2023 and are off contact in 2024.
Really couldn't see Parra releasing Moses. However, It would be hilarious if he did sign with the WTs for 2024 then there's talk about mental health issues.

The way I see 2023 as a possibility for Moses is this scenario.

Moses has committed to Tigers for 2024 & told Eels. Eels will want to do whatever it can to keep Dylan Brown otherwise face a crisis. Tigers negotiate to take Moses for 2023 and allow Eels to offer Brown a lot more for his existing '23 contract thus maintaining him. Maybe Tigers can offer a sweetener maybe in the form of AD or Jake Simpkin.

So Bateman's plane was going to LA not SYD... Ugh
So I am not one of those plane-spotting persons, nor do I stalk people on social media.

However it is conceivable to fly to Sydney via LA, if you plan a US stop-over. It's not as if it's out of the way, it's just not as time-efficient as flying East from London.

Unfortunately therefore his current location does not conclusively kill the possibility that he's still eventually going to end up in Australia.

The whole signing a year out is quite farcical. Wish it was changed to transfer windows. I would rather Moses sees his contract out; he would be front and centre of the Eels calendar and I wouldn't want Buzz being embarrassed again!

Funny thing mitch has an option his his favour for 24 too 😂

Well with Klemmer they've at least solved our lack of aggression if it's true
NOPE.

Even with Klemmer and Nathan Brown we have NOT solved our lack of Aggression.

That is exactly why we are in the mess we were in for 2022. Our culture needs to demand Aggression and pride. Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Robbie Roccow were known for their aggression. We clearly had some aggressive players and they mellowed.

We need to demand aggression in our club, training and culture. Else we will be mellowing Klemmer and Brown instead of having them help motivate us!

Back