Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Then why did he? He had a contract for 23? He CHOSE an OFFER he PREFERRED.
And good luck to him.
Your Brooks, Sheens, sookery is just so old. Move on dude.
Really?
He said he “hated the world for a bit” and “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed” and ”whether I wasn’t wanted or wasn’t needed, it took me a few days to get over it because I was angry at the fact I wanted to be there and be part of the solution, not the problem.”
Sounds like a bloke who got pushed to me… but you know best dude.

Really?
He said he “hated the world for a bit” and “I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed” and ”whether I wasn’t wanted or wasn’t needed, it took me a few days to get over it because I was angry at the fact I wanted to be there and be part of the solution, not the problem.”
Sounds like a bloke who got pushed to me… but you know best dude.
Sounds like a guy who A) was contracted, and B) CHOSE to take what was on offer at Newcastle over seeing out an inferior contract and playing position option with the Tigers.
We get you don’t agree with the coach and you hate the halfback, but that’s the decision the club made and Hastings also made the best decision for him.
I feel like you’d Boo Santa

I am of the belief another pom is signed along with Bateman. May have been mentioned before by one of the usual suspects, can't recall.
Makes sense (ok super long threads don't. Seriously anyone else lost as to what people are talking about sometimes? ?? )

Signing another pom with Bateman means clubman and comradery take hold. People like to play with people they know.

Braith Anasta said it himself "when they (Beau Ryan and Chris H) left it was like a bomb hit the place. I turned up".... Ofcourse Braith had his own faults.... That Comradery is what we want to develop in healthy ways. Hence if we are signing a Pom it's likely to be someone playing with Bateman. (Robein ?)

Makes sense (ok super long threads don't. Seriously anyone else lost as to what people are talking about sometimes? ?? )

Signing another pom with Bateman means clubman and comradery take hold. People like to play with people they know.

Braith Anasta said it himself "when they (Beau Ryan and Chris H) left it was like a bomb hit the place. I turned up".... Ofcourse Braith had his own faults.... That Comradery is what we want to develop in healthy ways. Hence if we are signing a Pom it's likely to be someone playing with Bateman. (Robein ?)
Sheens really messed up letting the most popular players at the club leave.

WELSBY

Never seen him play but there is massive hype around him. Imagine that present for us long suffering fans.

Now this might be the Xmas juice talking, this would make the saddest of sad Tigers fans get out of bed and believe. These are the results of us taking hard salary cap years, i.e. front loading a bunch of contracts. We've been able to free up a bunch of money for this year and next that we can spend large.

After watching this video, I want him. I want Jack Welsby in a Wests Tigers jumper. GET IT DONE SHEENSY!

Vgood young player - speed, strength, great passing game, kicked a field goal and that mongrel similar to Bateman. Let's hope he wants to be a WT.

Never said it was winable. Every decision regarding that was at best incompetence & at worse corrupt. The NRL wouldnt not admit anything, because like everyone else , they cleary could see this was deeper than bad decisions, and dont want to open that can of worms. But true winners take up the fight regardless of the what the out come is likely to be. That is strength of charactor. Actions not words.
Baloney. You have no idea what Tigers did behind closed doors, and to burn hundreds of thousands of the club's money on an unwinnable public court case is exceptionally poor management.

Baloney. You have no idea what Tigers did behind closed doors, and to burn hundreds of thousands of the club's money on an unwinnable public court case is exceptionally poor management.
Can we also assume that you would have no idea how much money the club actually spent ‘behind closed doors’?
In any case, profit margins and spreadsheets don’t build club culture, attitude does.
I’d say the club showing they’re willingness to stand up for themselves when they’re right, particularly against the odds, shows character and tenacity. I’d also imagine the players would appreciate the front office getting their hands dirty, even if only as a show of solidarity.
I know when management backs my crew in on-site issues, it absolutely builds positive company culture.
‘Exceptionally poor management’ you say?
What’s your acceptable formula for $ investment vs improving club culture?

Then why did he? He had a contract for 23? He CHOSE an OFFER he PREFERRED.
And good luck to him.
Your Brooks, Sheens, sookery is just so old. Move on dude.

You dont choose to take up an offer at another club while contracted unless the club your at allows it. Let's not pretend the coach wanted him.
Sheens blocked Newcastles attempts to sign Brooks who reportedly wanted out at some point. He could have done exactly the same if he wanted to retain Hastings but instead released him.
Sheens decision allowed it to happen and who benefits best out of it we will find out next year.

You dont choose to take up an offer at another club while contracted unless the club your at allows it. Let's not pretend the coach wanted him.
Sheens blocked Newcastles attempts to sign Brooks who reportedly wanted out at some point. He could have done exactly the same if he wanted to retain Hastings but instead released him.
Sheens decision allowed it to happen and who benefits best out of it we will find out next year.
No argument with any of this?
Coaching staff made their decision, Hastings was made a better offer from Newcastle, Tigers allowed his release and made what they believe is a favourable trade.
Move on?

No argument with any of this?
Coaching staff made their decision, Hastings was made a better offer from Newcastle, Tigers allowed his release and made what they believe is a favourable trade.
Move on?
They all certainly have - fans may take a little longer it seems if the forum is anything to go by.

Latest posts

Back