Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He has big wraps on him. Personally I would wait 12 months to see how Staines turns out first, only because Welsby will eat up a lot more cap. Maybe Staines really steps up given a sustained period at 1 for much less money.
I see what you're saying. Maybe Staines really hasn't been a given proper chance as a first grade fullback with Edwards in front of him at Penrith. He could be very good but I wonder if his ceiling is as high as Welsby's and some one else could get in before us if we don't make a move. The transfer fee is the sticking point.

Yeah ! But but it won't go far with flat tires up front, and pot holes outside of you ! ha! More bashers of 1 guy, What's your opinion of the other 16? That you all fail to mention.
They havnt been there coasting along for 10 years as a protected species doing sweet f all

Do the tigers really need nathan brown??? With all our junior's about to try and debut hope another club doesn't come along and offer them 1st grade cause we've blocked their path???

No probably not because our pack is quite experienced now, only way I’d look at him would be if it was pushing a fringe guy out like Seyfarth. But I think we have to live up to our development tag and maybe bring Matamua through next season.

Junior Tupou is going to heap some pressure on Laurie, Maumalo and Nofalouma.

He’s a naturally talented footballer in that he just reads the play quickly and has the skills to adjust on a dime.

I think he will be in the starting squad in some way by the end of the season.
He has only played wing in FG but always thought he looked a centre. Did he play some centre in nsw cup? Talent for sure though.

Recent article said talau has been playing mostly right centre which is good to hear. Played by far his best football for us in that position.

But yes agree mostly with above, good forwards, average 1-7.

So with Bateman announced does that mean we have missed Moses ?
Word was we were holding out the Bateman announcement until the Moses things was sorted either way as contract might then need adjusting.

Maybe Moses has said no to us and we have moved onto next target or maybe just maybe Moses has said yes and we have already adjusted Bateman contract. Might be an interesting week coming up.
Maybe the new salary cap changed the contract challenges

They havnt been there coasting along for 10 years as a protected species doing sweet f all
Name me the outstanding players you are comparing him to in the Tigers, after Teddy, Woods, and Moses left. What player in the side, over this period, has tried as hard ! His contract his not his fault, his slack forwards were not his fault, his slow and dumb backline was not his fault, .
I don.t know if it is him , or the crap sides we have had, but this hatred is childish bully stuff.

The 5 signings of Christmas

Sheens: Api I have a plan
Api signs
Sheens: Papi, I have a plan and Api
Papi signs
Sheens: Charlie I have a plan & Api & Papi
Stains signs
Sheens: Klem I have a plan, Api, Papi & Stains
Klem signs
Sheens: Jason, sorry John, I have a plan & Api, Papi, Stains, Klemmer
Bateman signs

Great Christmas present with the signing of Bateman. Best thing about his signing is I think it compliments the other players in the pack.

To state the obvious a fullback or half is hopefully next on the list.

I don’t see our backline as dire as others. Kenny (when fit) was one of our best last year and Naden was great when he came across (I can’t believe the hate on here for him) he tried his butt off and added X factor, at one point he was the only player that looked a chance of scoring. Not so high on Staines he is bog ordinary and no team with him at fullback is a top 8 team

Name me the outstanding players you are comparing him to in the Tigers, after Teddy, Woods, and Moses left. What player in the side, over this period, has tried as hard ! His contract his not his fault, his slack forwards were not his fault, his slow and dumb backline was not his fault, .
I don.t know if it is him , or the crap sides we have had, but this hatred is childish bully stuff.
The ridiculous love for Brooks is equally unwarranted.
You’re forgetting when he dogged it in the last game against Canterbury last year.
He’s a proven dud.
I’m hoping our improved squad will help him.
He’s a decent five eighth and a useless half.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back