Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sorry my mistake. I was thinking of Matamua who debuted last year against Parra.

Matamua would only be on the bench for magpies cause he moved from sg ball all the way to nrl in one year and towards the end was splitting time between reggies and flegg matamua Is a ball playing lock and would be wasted anywhere else in the forwards

Re RTS coming back to the NRL & hopefully to the WTs .

He got his starting debut for the all blacks in October v Japan but then was released from the squad for the game against Wales & then played in the 2nd string team .

He‘s a fair way down in the pecking order there & no sure thing to even make the World Cup squad .

interestingly RTS has posted 2 photos of himself recently on Insta in warriors jerseys .

if there’s somebody with cred with NZers who can talk to Roger about the difficulties of transitioning to RU it’s Benji who trod the same path .

Re RTS coming back to the NRL & hopefully to the WTs .

He got his starting debut for the all blacks in October v Japan but then was released from the squad for the game against Wales & then played in the 2nd string team .

He‘s a fair way down in the pecking order there & no sure thing to even make the World Cup squad .

interestingly RTS has posted 2 photos of himself recently on Insta in warriors jerseys .

if there’s somebody with cred with NZers who can talk to Roger about the difficulties of transitioning to RU it’s Benji who trod the same path .

He's not making the 30 man squad
for the world cup I put my house on it.
All blacks transitioning Jordan Barrett
To inside centre is probably the death
knell for him. It was mentioned by
his coaches he hasn't had enough
time and 'can't kick' which is a
requisite for the AB midfielders.
They have David Havili, Anton Leinert-
Brown, Jack Goodhue, BraydonEnnor
& Barrett way ahead of him at the moment.
I don't think Suli Vunivalu will make
the Wallabies squad either TBH.
Both worth a look RTS FB/Suli
for wing, either or, they're both
elite league players and athletes

Rip you to pieces now mate.

Klemmar made 150m per game and tackled at around 95%. Thats good in any books. He rarely gets injured. Hel be fine for 3 years.

Bateman no matter his form is rep starting 2nd rower.

Hardly atrocious considering the salary cap has gone up by so much. It ended up being good business whilst also making the Tigers a destination club now due to a great pack.
And….. to add, in two years time, our younger players will have enough experience in NRL. Steff, Pole etc.

So even if Bateman and Klemmer go downhill like Blair we will still be in good steed.

I think the 4 years is guidance for our young crop of players.

Small price for a learning experience

We still desperately need a halfback. We have two 5/8ths in AD and Brooks but no one in the squad who can play 7 and direct the team
Not fussed at all. Behind that pack, every 5/8 will have aspirations to lead and control the Team.

I think it’s a little premature to point a weakness towards the halves without first getting a look into 23.

Rts better anyways
Agree Scare.
Some are saying RTS is too big a risk because of his age. I think he's 29, that's not too old hey.
He could come here on good dollars for a couple of years and Laurie, who is still quiet young could be his understudy and cover for injuries 🤔
That would be a perfect scenario if both parties were happy.
With our current side, the inclusion of RTS would possibly push us up to contend for a title.
That however, would hugely depend on whether Brooks, AD and a ball playing lock gets sorted.
Maybe not contenders next year but in 2024 when hopefully these issues are sorted.
There could still be room in our cap if media reports have any substance. 🤔🤣😉

Latest posts

Members online

Back