Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Jumping ahead to 2025, when Benji becomes Head Coach, I note that we already have:-

9 players signed on board:
John Bateman
Jush Feledy
David Klemmer
Justin Matamua
Brent Naden
David Nofoaluma
Joe Ofahengaue
Isaiah Papali'i
Fonua Pole

And 2 players with a Mutual Option:
Apisai Koroisau
Stefano Utoikamanu

And 1 player with a Player Option:
Brandon Tumeth

This is a great base to build upon; I can't wait to see the squad develop.

So the best you’ve got is evidence from over ten years ago. Conveniently leaving out how Sheens missed the finals when we were favourites, got the sack, took the club to court and then failed in the UK for the next decade.

Him all the way on Api? How do you work that one out, idiot? Not only was Madge coach when he signed but he’s also previously played under Madge so try peddling your lies elsewhere. You are incapable of posting anything factual and without miraculously making yourself look dumber than you already are.

Go make yourself useful and sniff a pair of Nofos used shorts, weirdo.
So i take it if you got sacked from a job and they refused to pay you the money you were owed you would just walk away. Not sure who the idiot is.

Was having a few ales yesterday with some local players in the Newcastle local rugby league comp, and they have heard that Brock Lamb has been looked at by 3 Sydney NRL teams for the 2023 season?
But they could not tell me which ones.

If Sheens thought the roster was good enough - now he has the job of getting the wins - he wouldnt be so activlely trying to rebuild it.
The roster was always the problem - the coach is just the easiest target.
Nah look at the broncos. Roster is great but something else is rotten there

Was having a few ales yesterday with some local players in the Newcastle local rugby league comp, and they have heard that Brock Lamb has been looked at by 3 Sydney NRL teams for the 2023 season?
But they could not tell me which ones.
The panthers were one of them I heard. Not sure of any others.

Nah look at the broncos. Roster is great but something else is rotten there
Nothing like us though - our roster was not great. Coaches will always only last on the back of their results but our roster was never going to get results and would set all coaches up to fail including Sheens.There was a reason why Sheens was forced to take it on - no one of any standing wanted it.

Speaking of Redcliffe

How does Sheen’s recruiting stack up against Bennett who had a clean slate with no dregs to move on & full salary cap to work with ?

To me a lot of Redcliffe’s recruiting are potential dregs already .
They were 12 months too late in announcing the dolphins ...they had no chance with the timeframe given

Why would we sign Flanagan? That’s a downgrade even for Brooks the only 7 I’ll say Brooks is better than. If we do miss out on Moses we won’t be signing Flanagan.
Glenji you also though no way Hastings was going up the freeway to Newcastle because he bought a house at cronulla...

As many have said Brooks is a 6, so find a 7 and at a reduced price it may be something Sheens looks at who knows. If we don't get Williams or Moses then not much left.

Nothing like us though - our roster was not great. Coaches will always only last on the back of their results but our roster was never going to get results and would set all coaches up to fail including Sheens.There was a reason why Sheens was forced to take it on - no one of any standing wanted it.
Yet look at our current squad.

I reckon you are right, people shirked the job OR we shirked them (i.e. Flanagan, Taylor, etc.... OMG Manly how could you fail so badly in picking a coach!).

Yet if we said "Papalii, Bateman, Klemmer" we would get some takers.

End of the day, these are all names. We need to prove it on the field. Sheens, it still hurts you suing the club but I know your heart is in this. Get good results and we will be there Cheering!

Yet look at our current squad.

I reckon you are right, people shirked the job OR we shirked them (i.e. Flanagan, Taylor, etc.... OMG Manly how could you fail so badly in picking a coach!).

Yet if we said "Papalii, Bateman, Klemmer" we would get some takers.

End of the day, these are all names. We need to prove it on the field. Sheens, it still hurts you suing the club but I know your heart is in this. Get good results and we will be there Cheering!
Great job in recruitment by the club on paper
still with some obvious weaknesses - but regardless Sheens will be judged on wins and losses just like all before him at this club, and the same for coaches at every other club too.

Last edited:
what club in their right mind on the way up would go after Kyle Flanagan. he’ll be DCE’s back up half at Manly in 2024 so he can be with daddy.
hope so, just thinking if they got a cheap deal (on form he would not be worth much) they could load up on a good fb.
Hope he does sign with Manly and not us

Latest posts

Members online

Back