Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah, need an employer to sponsor you for a visa šŸ˜‰

As I said two weeks ago in the bateman thread he should be here in 1-2 months. Wonder how the article knows heā€™ll be here in 2 weeks? If the visa is granted he can come on the next flightā€¦Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re guessingā€¦

Tigers shouldā€™ve planned ahead and communicated with him to let him know his visa will take time so please make a decision asap!

By way of background his last visa app wouldā€™ve been easy as compared to his most recent application with his daughter and new born. Itā€™s not just Batemanā€™s visa but also his dependants.

You can Google 408 sporting visa for more info. The timelines usually are very hit and miss
The biggest hold up was getting the release, Wigan didn't want to let him go.

A major domino has fallen Parramattaā€™s way with Canterbury officially withdrawing interest in signing star playmaker Mitchell Moses.

After more than six months of negotiations, the Eels are now favourites to retain their most important player with the Wests Tigers the only opposition left duelling for the 28-year-old.

Apprehensive and doubtful prior to Christmas that they would be able to keep Moses, the Eels are now confident of locking down their gun long-term.

Mosesā€™ confidence as a player under Eels coach Brad Arthur, his partnership with rising star Dylan Brown and the prospect of playing regular finals footy are three major factors in Parramatta advancing to the box seat.

Canterbury, in the process of a stunning rebuild, were considered the lead threat to the Eels. However, the Bulldogs informed Mosesā€™ management late last week that they are no longer in a position to advance negotiations.

The Canterbury hierarchy had originally met with Moses about the prospect of partnering five-eighth Matt Burton in the halves at Belmore.

However, the acquisition of teen half Karl Oloapu from the Broncos - rated the best 18-year-old in the country - and the impressive pre-season of Kyle Flanagan led the Dogs to put an end to discussions with Moses.

Parramatta have played a patient game with Moses, allowing him the time to exhaust his options elsewhere, whilst also refusing to enter a bidding war for his signature.

The Eels havenā€™t moved on their original offer tabled prior to Christmas, believing the deal reflects the clubā€™s eagerness to ensure Moses stays in the blue and gold.

The re-signing last December of Brown, until at least the end of 2025, would also be a significant influence on Mosesā€™ call.

The pair formed one of the most damaging attacking combinations in 2022, evidenced by the Eels advancing to their first grand final since 2009.
I love how all this is constructed on the assumption that the Tigers were never a threat to begin with.
The only reason why Riccio believes he will stay with the Eels is because the ā€˜impressiveā€™ bulldogs have pulled out. Yeah letā€™s not considerā€¦
His idol is now on the coaching staff and will be his first grade coach during his contract.
His best mate is in the team and they have always spoken about playing again together.
The coach that signed him to play first grade in the first place is back in the head coaching role.
The style of football he most enjoys is a lot more suited to a Wests Tigers coaching format than a Parramatta grind and shift style.
His former backrow in crime has moved to Wests Tigers.
His former dummy half has relocated to the dogs.
He and Brown tend to take space away from each other during games.
Money.
He lives in Putney. Geographically he is closer to Concord than Parramatta.

Iā€™m not saying he is a given to sign with us, but Bly me the media are giving us nothing. There at the least a far more reasons why he would choose us over the dogs.

No he didn't. He said Sheens coached attacking style of footy that suits his game, wants him to run the ball and is into him about scoring more tries. Said nothing about 5 hit ups and bomb
"
ā€œWe donā€™t want to be one of those teams that does five hit-ups through to a kick, we actually want to move the ball and play to our strengths.ā€ - Luke Brooks

No he didn't. He said Sheens coached attacking style of footy that suits his game, wants him to run the ball and is into him about scoring more tries. Said nothing about 5 hit ups and bomb
You must have been listening to a different interview. I heard it! He didn't say bomb he said kick.

Reactions: 851
You must have been listening to a different interview. I heard it! He didn't say bomb he said kick.
Not on 6pm 9news. Did not mention kicking or hit ups - so clearly you heard a different interview because I wound it back to apologize for hearing it wrong but he didn't say it. Anyway it just confirmed what we already know Sheens is focusing on an attacking game which Brooks is happy about.

I promised to not relentlessly bag players as I'm not in their shoes, so I've stayed out of most of the Brooks talk. Have to say he looked almost comfortable with the media today. Hopefully our crazy old goat of a coach is having a positive influence as it looked to me, as an outsider, that he stopped enjoying his footy years ago.

I promised to not relentlessly bag players as I'm not in their shoes, so I've stayed out of most of the Brooks talk. Have to say he looked almost comfortable with the media today. Hopefully our crazy old goat of a coach is having a positive influence as it looked to me, as an outsider, that he stopped enjoying his footy years ago.

He looked at ease for a change, great to see.

Brooks looks like the weight of the world is off his shoulders.. Looks fresh and excited for a big year and hopefully he can help bring Moses over for the ride
Iā€™m excited to see him have a go this year sounds like he hated Madgeā€™s game plan of 5 hit ups and kick. Seriously how good would it be to see Luke Brooks succeed at this club he deserves it

Latest posts

Staff online

Back