Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It didn't come from no where, It was on the back end of another article,
(Might have been the Hastings Brooks Newcastle thing...)
I'm thinking it was a fox article, I read it at the time - As did lots of my mates who support other teams.... - You'll see other forums also mention it.

Was plenty of chirp about it back then,
Couldn't repeat it verbatim, But it said he'd punted his manager, Was managing himself and gauging interest from rival clubs as a 6/7 for 900k....

I read that load of shit article as well,
think it was Fox Sports too, prob
ripped from here to be honest. I
remember saying good for him that
he was ditching his manager and
pocketing whatever commision he
would have given him. There is no
credible source stating that he was
looking at 900k a year though bro,
especially coming off a reco and
only playing a handful of games,
it doesn't even make sense tbh ...

Reactions: 851
It would be nice though if one day Brooks ; Moses and Teddy played together again. Considering they’ve known each other for so long. Win a premiership together for the club that brought them up
They were bloody excellent when they were together the first time around…I thought the Smith, Cronk and Slater combination would certainly be dethroned as the best in the game.

Ever seen our kick chase?

That will change this year.... for sure!!
Papalli and Bateman are like Rabid dogs after a bomb....
Much better than the bomb watchers we've had previously.
#pumped
👍🏼

Update from The Pom in relation to AD
Does that mean he is asking 900k who knows ?

January 31, 2023 9:03 am
@frullens Would be as a Centre, AD needs to one drop his asking price to even get a seat at the table at the moment.

January 31, 2023 9:03 am
@frullens Would be as a Centre, AD needs to one drop his asking price to even get a seat at the table at the moment.

Doueihi, like Brooks, is in no rush to thrash out his own future beyond this season and simply wants to build his combination with his little halfback.
“I’m not in a rush to sign anywhere or do anything – playing good footy will sort it out,” Doueihi said.

This year will stipulate who stays
and for how much, hope they fire

The club is very confident that Moses will be putting pen to paper at this Thursdays meeting.
A 4 year deal worth close to $1.4mill per season (can't confirm but a 5 year may be a mutual option).
All "requirements" per his managements discussions have been met & our offer is better than the Eels.

Since Farnworth has informed other clubs of his intent to stay at Broncos the club has changed focus to Dominic Young, very early talk just gauging his price point.

Daine Laurie is looking likely to take up the current 1 year extension being offered, he wants 2 years or more but club not budging on this.

Talk of Seyfarth looking to move on is true, club happy to keep him for 2023 season but won't stand in his way of long term offer if it comes forward.

Laurie will be fullback round 1, Staines too quiet for Sheens liking & "needs to find his voice" to be any chance of taking the 1 off Laurie, Bula is nipping at their heels but a roster spot would need to be freed for him to play prior to round 10.

Club has also held talk with Fletcher Baker from the Roosters.
Thanks for the update @THE_POM .

Have you heard anything on how Sheens/Benji/Robbie rate the pre-seasons of our other young wave potentials especially Chris Faagutu, Talyn Da Silva, Jordan Miller, Solo Saukuru, the new Kiwi half and our wave ahead of them ... Kautoga, Tumeth, Ngataikura, Scolari, Ngutlik etc?

The hate AD gets for last season is crazy, people expect a guy coming back from an ACL injury to walk into the team & be the star player.

That was my expectation. I rated him too highly.

I don't hate him. I don't think he is as good as what I thought he was.

If we miss out will we get a ‘we thought we had him’ media release ?
Seems the leaks are to help drive his price up to stay with eels.
Love to be wrong .
Note that's outright salary, not including any other benefits/TPA's. Eels offer is $1.1mill plus extras.

It will definitely be Brooks. He will be on a reduced contract, and AD believes he is worth $900k. He simply isn't, as good as a player he is. He won't get that from us, no matter what position he is playing in.

Keeping Brooks allows us to spend the best part of $1 million in the kitty for other upgrades and key retention. (assuming AD is currently on $600k and is released and Brooks takes a $400k hit). Bush math, but you get the picture.
Isnt that why we have new coach to coach all the players. You may be right about Douehi, but until he has the opportunity to play under new leadership and a strengthened squad not sure how you can right him off anymore than any other player who has shown some ability.
A bit premature to assume Brooks will accept a lesser contract if he is performing well - it could possibly be his last opportunity to earn big dollars. Given the strengthened squad, and a coach who seemingly is more aligned with the way Brooks likes to play we would hope and should see the best from him.
The whole moving the deck chairs to fit in Brooks somewhere at whatever cost and form is not in the best interest of the club until we see how the team performs. I just don't get the thinking. Not anti Brooks pro club.

Back