Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You know Parras squad has been gutted when they're relying on Matterson for their promotional gigs.
They'll probably need to use the cardboard cut out that Chris McQueen was posing next at that Mad Monday because Matto didn't pay his fine and is unavailable until after round 3.

The cardboard cut out would have more character and would be much more likeable than Matto anyway.

Why hasn't it been announced from us though ? Until it's official I reckon anything can change.

As @stevied stated I'm not even sure if it's good business based on the massive contract but we are desperate for a marquee player. He better deliver assuming he comes.
I would assume if the eels re-signed him they could announce it straight away? Isn’t there a few more hurdles to jump if you sign with another club?

I would assume if the eels re-signed him they could announce it straight away? Isn’t there a few more hurdles to jump if you sign with another club?

I don't think so. I thought it was more about letting the other team know as a courtesy.

With the new cap having a 25% increase, $1.4m is the equivalent of $1.1m under the old cap. About 11-12% of the cap being allocated to one player is a lot, but given he plays arguably the most important position and is one of the best players in the league at that position, financially it makes sense.

I mean Brooks is making a not too different amount and he's been one of the worst players in the league for years now, so it's definitely a huge improvement in resource allocation to say
Good logic Lukic. I just have a problem with the 4 years and coming to us in 24 when he is 29. One major injury and we've blown a huge chunk of the cap for no return.

You know Parras squad has been gutted when they're relying on Matterson for their promotional gigs.
I was listening to a podcast and they were saying Matterson wanted to change is plea and pay the fine but then went on holidays and missed the time period for his submission. Which is very funnier.
They also said on form he would make the Blues side but wouldn’t fit into Freddy’s team management. so it’s safer to pick another backrow rather than have someone who would potentially disrupt the team harmony.
This is saying a lot if you’re in front of Latrell and Wighton on the tool scale.

Last edited:
They'll probably need to use the cardboard cut out that Chris McQueen was posing next at that Mad Monday because Matto didn't pay his fine and is unavailable until after round 3.

The cardboard cut out would have more character and would be much more likeable than Matto anyway.
In all seriousness how soft is missing 3 games to save 4k. How dirty would you be on a team mate who did that. Wonder if there were any words about it and if there's any animosity that can cause Parra issues through the season amongst the current squad.

Why hasn't it been announced from us though ? Until it's official I reckon anything can change.

As @stevied stated I'm not even sure if it's good business based on the massive contract but we are desperate for a marquee player. He better deliver assuming he comes.
Reynolds has been a good buy for the Broncos. His influence on that relatively young team has been significant. He was a few years older when he signed for the Broncos.

Reynolds has been a good buy for the Broncos. His influence on that relatively young team has been significant. He was a few years older when he signed for the Broncos.
Fair point but he does get injured....a lot. Also, I see Reynolds as a calm, steadying of the ship type. Moses is more the eyes up, play what he sees player, who relies heavily on his speed and broken field running.

I was listening to a podcast and they were saying Matterson wanted to change is plea and pay the fine but then went on holidays and missed the time period for his submission. Which is very funnier.
Couldn’t stop laughing at this
Then it dawned on me that he probably had no intention on paying fine but was trying to save face with his teammates
And I still find it funny 😆
They also said on form he would make the Blues side but wouldn’t fit into Freddy’s team management. so it’s safer to pick another backrow rather than have someone who would potentially disrupt the team harmony.
This is saying a lot if you’re in front of Latrell and Wighton on the tool scale.

Fair point but he does get injured....a lot. Also, I see Reynolds as a calm, steadying of the ship type. Moses is more the eyes up, play what he sees player, who relies heavily on his speed and broken field running.
Comes with age and experience young grasshopper...

With the new cap having a 25% increase, $1.4m is the equivalent of $1.1m under the old cap. About 11-12% of the cap being allocated to one player is a lot, but given he plays arguably the most important position and is one of the best players in the league at that position, financially it makes sense.

I mean Brooks is making a not too different amount and he's been one of the worst players in the league for years now, so it's definitely a huge improvement in resource allocation to say the least.
It's almost like I made this exact post, including the figures, several days ago....

You’d think if he had already signed, there would of been a leak by now. As better in that department as the club has got, big name player like the slimy turd is. Somebody would of leaked it by now!
I reckon he’s still trying to get the slugs to give him another year, I don’t reckon the money is as much the issue, as the years are.
punt him buy someone else. hows ted townsend

Back