Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Mitchell Pearce for one year after watching the trial - could think of worse options.
Just read Pearce has another year to run on his contract in France but still saying interested in a return to the NRL but will be 35 in 2024.
Was in Sydney over Xmas and had lunch with Uncle Nick from the Roosters.
Can’t see any chance he would be with us this year , (and I personally think that’s good).

35 isn't as scary as it used to be....
Like DCE is pushing 35....

Although, For Pearce I think it is - He's been basically a full time NRL player since he was 17.
Where as a guy like DCE started a little later.
No, but I think if you start seeing 35 year olds as saviours you’re reading the game wrongly.

I think Wakeham can do what Madden could but he does not have the same ambition that Jock had. I think he knows he's a NSWC player, Jock did not.
Brandon had a shocker on the weekend, but he also had some moments (40/20 was pin point) and he has only been here for a couple of weeks, not fair to judge him on 1 trial.

That assumes Josh was fit enough to play (I'm assuming the coach doesn't talk tactics with the Rehab Group) or he didn't get a tad chilly sitting on the sidelines AGAIN! If I was Josh and my life was the shitshow his was I'd probably just sit quietly in the corner hoping no-one noticed me.
He played quite a bit for Wests, and Brooks and Doueihi could easily have been dropped on form

I think Wakeham can do what Madden could but he does not have the same ambition that Jock had. I think he knows he's a NSWC player, Jock did not.
Brandon had a shocker on the weekend, but he also had some moments (40/20 was pin point) and he has only been here for a couple of weeks, not fair to judge him on 1 trial.

Got a friend close to the dogs club and he has told me multiple times Wakeham will never be a consistent first grader.

... starting to see why.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back